IGNORED

MLB 2021 Thread

BriGuy82

Today's game was super frustrating. German was way more lackluster than he was in ST. I feel good about our chances though. Voit should be back soon enough and Bruce is doing much better than I thought he would. 

Also, our bullpen looks awesome. Garrit Cole is a beast. 

I think the Blue Jays are team to beat in the AL East though. Strong team this year, especially on offense.

Edited by KokiriChild
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

Blue Jay's look really good. Yankees either strikeout or hit a home run, what else is new. I wish we had a whole team of DJ LeMahieus. @Ausden did you have a new guy go 8 for 8? That's insane in the membrane. 

Holy cow Mercedes went 8 for 8 and that includes a home run.

16 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

@Bearcat-Doug Castellanos is such a little bitch with that skip and bat flip he did. I hope he breaks his ankle next time he touches home plate. You should convert to a Cardinals fan. 

I went to a Cardinals game in St. Louis at Busch Stadium when I was a kid. Ozzie Smith was still doing backflips back then. They were playing the Pirates when Barry Bonds was still there. Man, I feel old!

• Wow! 1

6 minutes ago, KokiriChild said:

Ohtani is crazy. Glad to see he isn't hurt. When was the last time there was player in the AL who was both one of your best pitchers AND you DH? The kid's insane, throwing 100+ MPH like it's fucking wiffle ball.

Babe Ruth was one of the best pitchers in the AL early in his career. It would have been interesting to see what kind of pitching career he would have had if he wasn't switched to an outfielder exclusively.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ausden said:

Damn White Sox bullpen issues from 2020 continue into 2021. That walk-off last night was hard to take. Especially after that wild 5th inning. I seriously thought the Sox couldn't lose after that insane turn of events.

They have an embarrassment of riches with the bats it looks like. They need to trade for some arms.💪

42 minutes ago, Ausden said:

Damn White Sox bullpen issues from 2020 continue into 2021. That walk-off last night was hard to take. Especially after that wild 5th inning. I seriously thought the Sox couldn't lose after that insane turn of events.

I haven't bet any baseball this season, but I made some money on the White Sox last year.

2 hours ago, KokiriChild said:

Ohtani is crazy. Glad to see he isn't hurt. When was the last time there was player in the AL who was both one of your best pitchers AND you DH? The kid's insane, throwing 100+ MPH like it's fucking wiffle ball.

Yeah if he stays healthy he might be the most fun player to watch. I hope I'm wrong but I think it's gonna be a tall order for him to make it through a full season. Kinda like Aaron Judge.

Cleveland has struggled so far this year.  We've been a slow-starting team ever since Francona took over as manager and by late May-June he usually figures things out and we get hot.  Our division was tight in the short season so I want to see how it plays out over a full season, Francona can hopefully get us at least to another wildcard spot.

Our offense was pretty bad last year and not looking too great again this year.  We're barely striking out but when we do make contact it isnt very productive.  The hitters are disciplined but need to work on their swings. 

At least we have some decent pitchers.  Bieber got the opening day loss but had 12 strikeouts in 6 to follow up his Cy Young.  

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

Cleveland has struggled so far this year.  We've been a slow-starting team ever since Francona took over as manager and by late May-June he usually figures things out and we get hot. 

...and then Dolan sells off any decent talent they have.    He's the real-life Rachel Phelps.

• Haha 1

Yeah.  With the structure of the MLB it's always just a matter of time before good players in small markets are traded or leave in free agency.  We were stacked in 2017 and slowly falling apart since then.   People are recently complaining about baseball being a boring sport.  I enjoy it, I just hate the lack of parity

2 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

Yeah, I didn't hear them booing Stanton after that hit. I can't stand when they boo him. It drove me nuts when they did it to arod too.

Oh A-Rod. Made me so mad Sunday night when the Sox game was on ESPN. That means it's blacked out on MLBtv and I have to painfully listen to A-Rod commentary all night.

3 hours ago, Ausden said:

Oh A-Rod. Made me so mad Sunday night when the Sox game was on ESPN. That means it's blacked out on MLBtv and I have to painfully listen to A-Rod commentary all night.

Painful is the perfect word. I'm so glad he's not on the Yankees network.