IGNORED

MLB 2021 Thread

BriGuy82

16 minutes ago, Ausden said:

What a butthead. Reminds me of the father/son duo who ran onto the field to randomly beat up the Royals third base coach about 30 years ago

Yeah I remember the entire team jumping on those guys and completely demolishing them! That was the original malice at the palice!

Nick Pivetta coming in extras just like Eovaldi did in '18 to rescue the bullpen and come away with the W this time. Just need to survive an outing with Perez on the mound now...

Ive had the chance to watch some very good Red Sox teams in my lifetime. I did not think this to be one of them. Before the start of the season, I would have been happy with a .500 team. Knocking on the door to the ALCS is just gravy. Go Sox!

In the NL I have to cheer for the team that makes it all possible for us, LAD. They have taken so many bad contracts off us over the years, not to mention Verdugo, who we got for Mookie, is a major reason why we are in such good shape now. Can't forget about Kike the absolute stud either!

Edited by Kguillemette

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm basically pulling for the Braves to win it all by default at this point.

I’m a big Kris Bryant fan, even though he’s gone from the Cubs. He plays the game very modestly and seems like a good dude. I’m pulling for him and the Giants until they’re eliminated. If the Dodgers win game 5, then I too root for the Braves by default.

9 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

I'm national league all the way at this point....Since the White Sox couldn't get the job done! @Ausden wtf!

So damn irritated by that horrible display. As I stated throughout the season, their offense is so inconsistent. I already heard they will be looking to trade Craig Kimbril this off-season.

Let’s go National League!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ausden said:

So damn irritated by that horrible display. As I stated throughout the season, their offense is so inconsistent. I already heard they will be looking to trade Craig Kimbril this off-season.

Let’s go National League!

I heard the possibility of trading him too, but he was horrible for them and horrible the two years before for the Cubs. Who would give up anything decent for a $16MM closer who could be a huge bust? I think they’re better off not exercising the club option and just accepting that the trade didn’t work out.

• Agree 1

It was refreshing to see that the Cardinals fired their manager as punishment for winning 17 games in a row and knocking the Reds out of the playoffs. I'm sure @NESfiend agrees with the move as well. That's almost as brilliant as the Reds giving David Bell a 2 year extension for tanking the entire last month of the season and blowing their wild card lead.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

12 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

I heard the possibility of trading him too, but he was horrible for them and horrible the two years before for the Cubs. Who would give up anything decent for a $16MM closer who could be a huge bust? I think they’re better off not exercising the club option and just accepting that the trade didn’t work out.

I mean he has lots of playoff experience. Remember when he recorded the final out of the WS is 18?

Oh wait, Cora sat his ass on the bench and only brought him in for mop up after almost blowing the ALDS. Then even Mr Loose Purse Strings Dombrowski let him walk.

• Agree 1