IGNORED

MLB 2021 Thread

BriGuy82

7 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

Are they gonna have to change their team name or are the not considered offensive? 

The screaming(?) Brave in of itself was an alright logo but this particular skin color they used in 1956-65 (back when they were in Milwaukee)...*shudders*

3273_milwaukee_braves-primary-1956.png

7 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

Are they gonna have to change their team name or are the not considered offensive? 

Even back when they went to their first World Series (in Atlanta) in 1991 there was some concerns about the tomahawk chop.  IIRC this was Deion Sanders' idea that he borrowed from his alma mater (Florida State).

6 hours ago, Estil said:

Even back when they went to their first World Series (in Atlanta) in 1991 there was some concerns about the tomahawk chop.  IIRC this was Deion Sanders' idea that he borrowed from his alma mater (Florida State).

I like the Braves jersey I hope they don't have to change it and or their name. 

2 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

My favorite coach is on the Braves too, Ron Washington. I love that guy. So he enjoys a little cocaine from time to time, who doesn't? He's the best infielder coach in the league. I wish he was on the Yankees. This video has almost 2 million views for a reason. 

That’s a great video. Could have used coaching like this when I was playing as a kid 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 3:10 PM, Kguillemette said:

Charlie Morton struck out two Astros with a broken leg. Forget the bloody sock, now THAT is badass.

Curt went seven innings with that bloody sock in an elimination game.  And in Game 2 of the following World Series he did it again for six innings.

The Mr. October of pitchers having not been inducted into the HOF years ago is beyond STUPID.  Just because his political views are a little different is no good reason whatsoever to keep him out.  I don't care if he's a card carrying member of Communist Party USA or the John Birch Society...the dude should've easily been elected...preferably on the first or second ballot.

2 hours ago, Estil said:

Curt went seven innings with that bloody sock in an elimination game.  And in Game 2 of the following World Series he did it again for six innings.

The Mr. October of pitchers having not been inducted into the HOF years ago is beyond STUPID.  Just because his political views are a little different is no good reason whatsoever to keep him out.  I don't care if he's a card carrying member of Communist Party USA or the John Birch Society...the dude should've easily been elected...preferably on the first or second ballot.

I agree Curt should be in the HOF, but the bloody sock is nothing compared to pitching effectively with a broken leg. Even if it only was for just an inning.

As far as the title of pitching "Mr. October" goes though, I got to give it to my boy Jon Lester the stud. 

20 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

I agree Curt should be in the HOF, but the bloody sock is nothing compared to pitching effectively with a broken leg. Even if it only was for just an inning.

As far as the title of pitching "Mr. October" goes though, I got to give it to my boy Jon Lester the stud. 

I still say Curt is the pitching Mr October but yeah, Jon is 3x champ, NLCS MVP in '16 so I can't say a case couldn't be made.

As for the OG Mr October Reggie Jackson, yeah he had that iconic three taters off three straight pitches but doesn't Mickey Mantle still hold the World Series record of 18 four baggers?  I don't know if anyone's even done that counting all post-season rounds...

28 minutes ago, Estil said:

I still say Curt is the pitching Mr October but yeah, Jon is 3x champ, NLCS MVP in '16 so I can't say a case couldn't be made.

As for the OG Mr October Reggie Jackson, yeah he had that iconic three taters off three straight pitches but doesn't Mickey Mantle still hold the World Series record of 18 four baggers?  I don't know if anyone's even done that counting all post-season rounds...

Manny has the record of post season home runs with 29, which Altuve seems destined to break at some point. Mantle's record is a product of it's time, though. Not to take away from it, but there was no LDS, or ALCS. Those Yankees teams Mantle played on were so stacked, they went to the WS almost every year. It's just a lot harder to get to the WS now than it was then. Even these stacked *stros teams can't get there every year with pests like Tampa or juggernauts like the 18 Red Sox standing in their way.

On 10/26/2021 at 10:10 AM, BriGuy82 said:

My favorite coach is on the Braves too, Ron Washington. I love that guy. So he enjoys a little cocaine from time to time, who doesn't? He's the best infielder coach in the league. I wish he was on the Yankees. This video has almost 2 million views for a reason. 

This guy gets it!

On 10/26/2021 at 9:10 AM, BriGuy82 said:

So he enjoys a little cocaine from time to time, who doesn't?

I DON'T.

Cocaine, along with all other illegal dangerous drugs do nothing but hurt/kill people and ruin lives.  And as Bulletproof would say, alcohol and cigarettes are also DRUGS.

SAY NO.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Estil said:

I DON'T.

Cocaine, along with all other illegal dangerous drugs do nothing but hurt/kill people and ruin lives.  And as Bulletproof would say, alcohol and cigarettes are also DRUGS.

SAY NO.

Dude, I'm pretty sure close to half of all big leaguers were using coke in the 80s when he played. I'm not saying that's right, it's just how it was.