IGNORED

MLB 2021 Thread

BriGuy82

I have no illusions about a world series title this year, but I am very pleasantly surprised at how well the Sox are doing this year. We certainly don't have power arms outside of Barnes in the 9th, but all their starters have been solid. E Rod has been real dicey lately with being unable to locate his cutter, but hopefully he can put it together in his contract year to come back to his career averages. Same goes for Eovaldi.

Chaim really fixed a big chunk of the mess Dombrowski left us fast. I thought we were looking at years of mediocrity while the farm got rebuilt. We won't be looking at a title this year, but we might be looking at a decade plus of excellence like we did with the Epstein years the way things are shaping out.

Then again, if Sale comes back from Tommy John this year in September...

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

We still found a way to lose! 

Sometimes you just have those years when everything just goes wrong. Trust me, I know all about those. Still, NY is above .500 even after the awful April they had. Lots of baseball left.

The Rays can just go away, though. I think we can both agree with that!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Remember when starters used to throw 100+ pitches? Yea, baseball these days. Psh.

I just started reading a book on David Cone and it's going over 1995s game 5 against Seattle when he threw 147 pitches. Granted it was a win or go home playoff game but still, that's a lot of pitches. 

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Hey @BriGuy82, are those relief pitchers that the Reds got from the Yankees any good? God knows they can't be any worse. 

Cessa is ok. Wilson sucks. I didn't really see them pitch too often. The Yankees bullpen as a whole has been like watching simone biles try to land a flip. Very hard to watch. 

26 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

Cessa is ok. Wilson sucks. I didn't really see them pitch too often. The Yankees bullpen as a whole has been like watching simone biles try to land a flip. Very hard to watch. 

Have you seen the Reds bullpen? 😂 They have literally given up runs in every game since the All Star break. It's beyond painful to watch them blow 2-3 run leads on a nightly basis.

4 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Have you seen the Reds bullpen? 😂 They have literally given up runs in every game since the All Star break. It's beyond painful to watch them blow 2-3 run leads on a nightly basis.

Idk, I think we've got you beat. You didn't have to watch altuve get his walk off... again. Then last week we blew a 4 run 8th inning lead to the Red Sox. I've never in my life wanted a Yankees manager fired until this season. Boone is the absolute worst at managing the bullpen. It's not his fault that Chapman forgot how to pitch but when you have leads such as the ones we've blown, you have to figure out a way to get the win. Any major league manager if given a 5 run lead with 3 outs has to get the win. 

7 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

Idk, I think we've got you beat. You didn't have to watch altuve get his walk off... again. Then last week we blew a 4 run 8th inning lead to the Red Sox. I've never in my life wanted a Yankees manager fired until this season. Boone is the absolute worst at managing the bullpen. It's not his fault that Chapman forgot how to pitch but when you have leads such as the ones we've blown, you have to figure out a way to get the win. Any major league manager if given a 5 run lead with 3 outs has to get the win. 

It's exactly the same experience except the Yankees actually have a closer. I'm pretty sure the Reds just draw names out of a hat in the bullpen to decide who gets to try and finish the game. 

Rizzo and Gallo? Man, NYs lineup is good for a solid 150 home runs and 750 strikeouts the rest of the way.

I really don't get it. Were they just trying to keep Rizzo out of Boston for spite?(I highly doubt Bloom had interest in Gallo) They aren't winning anything with the bullpen they have. 

I would love to see an upgrade at 1B though. JD can spot start in LF whenever we need him to, but 1B has been meh at best all year. Dalbec and Chavis aren't the ones. Don't need a superstar, just a steady bat with a good glove. Rizzo would have been perfect!

Stupid Yankees!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Rizzo and Gallo? Man, NYs lineup is good for a solid 150 home runs and 750 strikeouts the rest of the way.

I really don't get it. Were they just trying to keep Rizzo out of Boston for spite?(I highly doubt Bloom had interest in Gallo) They aren't winning anything with the bullpen they have. 

I would love to see an upgrade at 1B though. JD can spot start in LF whenever we need him to, but 1B has been meh at best all year. Dalbec and Chavis aren't the ones. Don't need a superstar, just a steady bat with a good glove. Rizzo would have been perfect!

Stupid Yankees!

We'll give you Stanton if you want him! 😁

On 7/29/2021 at 10:54 AM, BriGuy82 said:

David Bell and Aaron Boone watching each other mismanage the bullpen

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 1

On 5/30/2021 at 10:56 PM, BriGuy82 said:

I don't know if anyone here would actually admit publicly to being a pirates fan after this play. 

Oh geez...they should've been made to walk the plank!!  Still better this than when they went twenty years (1993-2012) without so much as ONE winning season.  On a related note, how about the so-called "America's Team" (Dallas Cowboys) not appearing in the "Final Four" (NFC championship game) even ONCE since 1995?