IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Super Sprint!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Lasses and Lads, be READY, for a week of FAST paced racing is upon us!

Our pilots will prove their mettle at the devious tracks of SUPER SPRINT!
They must prove who is the fastest of them all through the following rules:

• Play till level 21
  • If you reach level 21, pause the game just as the race starts, without moving your car and take your picture
  • If you fail to make to level 21, pause the game just as the opponent's car gets the checkered flag and take your picture
  • Highest score wins
  • Genre: Racing

Now, hit the pedal to the metal!

04_Super_Sprint_Sage.png.25264fccef0c3a6

The contest ends Sunday, 04/11/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• Like 7

Events Team · Posted
1st NESfiend 233,600
2nd Dr. Morbis 224,500
3rd bertsampson 223,800
4th 0xDEAFC0DE 222,200
5th PII 179,300
6th dvertov 137,450
7th Krunch 123,950
8th Mega Tank 117,400
9th arnpoly 116,450
10th 8bitdontquit 70,700
11th Jeevan 66,400
12th FireHazard51 60,400
13th Deadeye 59,300
14th MegaMan52 55,850
15th JamesRobot 49,450
16th Ausden 48,000
17th SuperJimtendo 34,700
18th mbd39 29,300

Events Team · Posted
23 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Looks like high score matters more than progress? Just wanted to make sure. 

Yes. Highest score matters more. But the highest scores will likely be from people who reached stage 21 and used the wrenches for extra score.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Man, I have no frame of reference yet to know whether or not that's a good score.  I've always just played this game trying to get as far as I could before game over...

This was a pretty conservative run. I had been losing around level 18 when I was practicing, so I wanted to be sure I got through more than anything. I bought additional points a few times, but mostly spent wrenches on upgrades to the car, so there are tons of points left on the table. 

Edited by NESfiend

1 hour ago, Richardhead said:

I like this game quiet a bit! I might be pretty good at it too.

Agree! This is a fun game, though easy to make silly mistakes and its usually when you've been on a pretty consistent run only to miss going through a shortcut and losing the led.

• Like 1

No, I've never played F-1 race.

As for Super Sprint, me and overhead/isometric NES racers just don't get along. I was also horrible at RC Pro Am and Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat. But I might give Super Sprint some more tries this week.