IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Super Sprint!

BeaIank

4 hours ago, mbd39 said:

No, I've never played F-1 race.

As for Super Sprint, me and overhead/isometric NES racers just don't get along. I was also horrible at RC Pro Am and Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat. But I might give Super Sprint some more tries this week.

You could pretend you’re playing Marble Madness, which is kind of like an isometric racer.  Might ease you up a bit.  I get it though, these ones are always competitive and you can’t exactly squeak in with some mediocre score, I like these kind of games kinda but I never fare well for that reason. Still, Super Sprint seems to be easier on the player than RC Pro Am, RC’s programming just feels so so cruel lol.  (The bad flip side of this though, is that it’s also easy on everyone else)

Okay, I've officially topped Bart Simpson's, er, Bert Sampson's score, which is always goal number one since he comes in guns a-blazin' every week and puts up a good score before the rest of us have even put our pants on, and I think I'm done now until someone gives me a reason to try harder.  I missed exactly 10 wrenches, so I left 15,000 points on the table...

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Score:  48,200

MicroMachines would be sooooo much nice to play

ACtC-3d5ZTBxRL7tL-o4oHuNVhsj6_wJvye4XpLs

Man, you just missed it. We played that game toward the end of last year. And it was a ball. I want to say 3 people beat it. I think I had 4th behind them getting to like the second to last race. Whatever the last one with the race cars is. Such a great game, but def hard as shit. You can go into the event archives and find the scoreboard if you want to play and see how you would have compared to the field here

Edited by NESfiend

Social Team · Posted
46 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Man, you just missed it. We played that game toward the end of last year. And it was a ball. I want to say 3 people beat it. I think I had 4th behind them getting to like the second to last race. Whatever the last one with the race cars is. Such a great game, but def hard as shit. You can go into the event archives and find the scoreboard if you want to play and see how you would have compared to the field here

I'd probably suck at it but it's just a fun game to play.

• Like 1

Its thursday and no @Jeevan appearance yet. Completely unacceptable.  Dont you work here or something? 

Also, @docile tapeworm, you cant protest the racing games unless you play them. Then we will hear your gripes and dismiss them appropriately. You can't win if you dont play, and you cant get the racing category renamed "Nascar" without winning. 

In honor of my alma mater, Michigan State, and the recent name change for the basketball team, if I win the racing category, Ill request that it be renamed "NESfiend presents: THE CIRCUIT"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Events Helper · Posted
4 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Its thursday and no @Jeevan appearance yet. Completely unacceptable.  Dont you work here or something? 

Also, @docile tapeworm, you cant protest the racing games unless you play them. Then we will hear your gripes and dismiss them appropriately. You can't win if you dont play, and you cant get the racing category renamed "Nascar" without winning. 

In honor of my alma mater, Michigan State, and the recent name change for the basketball team, if I win the racing category, Ill request that it be renamed "NESfiend presents: THE CIRCUIT"

I'm working right now for the site ❤️  I will put in at least a participation score some time this evening just for you buddy 😘

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

@NESfiend  curse you for making me play this........

It is fun, but for the life of me I can't figure out why sometimes i barely touch a wall and explode and then other times i run full force nose first into the wall like so:

Frustrated Head GIF

and I don't explode.  😕

Yep. That's pretty much the reason why I only got to level 6. It's kind of like Super Off-Road where the walls sometimes "suck" your vehicle toward them and you keep crashing and fall behind, except in that game the vehicles don't explode.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 1

Two worst situations so far:

1: crashing while under an over pass and not being able to see if I'm stuck on something or which way to turn while the other cars pass me up but not before bobbling me around to make certain I don't figure it out with anything like timeliness.

2: Similar situation where I hit one of those poles that pop up in the road, get stuck; then the other three cars take turns hitting me and actually bobbling me backwards until I hit a wall and explode.

• Haha 1

Social Team · Posted
17 hours ago, Jeevan said:

@FireHazard51 ur fuggin' picture broke again, what the actual heck are you doin'?

Might I suggest imgur and copy link address to share your pics?

My pixel phone auto loads them to my google photos account.  I then move photo to public album that all can view.  I don't know why the links keep breaking.... well the spoiler photo I accidently deleted.  Can you not see the other photo as that one I can see still.

Edited by FireHazard51

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, FireHazard51 said:

My pixel phone auto loads them to my google photos account.  I then move photo to public album that all can view.  I don't know why the links keep breaking.... well the spoiler photo I accidently deleted.  Can you not see the other photo as that one I can see still.

can't see either

• Sad 1