IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Blue Marlin!

BeaIank

17 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

It is a total shame that the dumb code make it crashes, these special 1800ish lbs marlins were clearly made to be the heaviest fishes to catch in the whole game, heavier than any shark. It might just cost @0xDEAFC0DE a code smart win, which are the most gratifying wins to get in these contests.

Brings up the question I meant to ask in how hard it was to fight! After catching a bunch of sharks, Im starting to think biggest Marlin are harder than sharks again. Sharks seem to tire quicker and the fact that they dont jump is huge. If the marlin got twice as hard to fight as a 900 lber, what an epic battle

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Brings up the question I meant to ask in how hard it was to fight! After catching a bunch of sharks, Im starting to think biggest Marlin are harder than sharks again. Sharks seem to tire quicker and the fact that they dont jump is huge. If the marlin got twice as hard to fight as a 900 lber, what an epic battle

It's definitely harder than the big sharks. I had to practice with save states before being confident enough to try it for real. The main problem is the amount of hook strength you start with is random and it regenerates very slowly so you really only have one attempt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Aren't those the weights? You have to weigh them as well?

I can play again, it's not a very difficult game at all.

Yeah, if you click on the fish on that screen, it will give you the exact weight. A 500 lb shark is anywhere from 451 to 549. Click it for the exact weight. For marlin, you will get the screen with the marlin on the scale and a celebration for big ones. For sharks, etc, it just gives the exact weight on that screen when you click it

Edited by NESfiend

4 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Yeah, if you click on the fish on that screen, it will give you the exact weight. A 500 lb shark is anywhere from 451 to 549. Click it for the exact weight. For marlin, you will get the screen with the marlin on the scale and a celebration for big ones. For sharks, etc, it just gives the exact weight on that screen when you click it

Okay thanks for the heads up.

34 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Congrats! Now that you achieved max shark, there's always that glitchy marlin...

VGS Survivor just started up for me, so I'm not sure if I'll have time to tie it (I might on Sunday, we'll see).

Lol I figured you would get back in and tie me and thought about holding out til sunday. But there are no tie breakers and I only know its the max because of your coding, so have at it!

Edited by NESfiend