IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Blue Marlin!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted
14 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

burn the witch halloween GIF

It is scientifically proven that I am no witch!
I have been weighed against a duck before and it turns out I don't weigh the same as one.
Therefore I am not made of wood and thus I am not a witch.
Now begone before I turn you into a newt.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Social Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

i dont want to!! use a calculator, some kind of code you read.... what the hell?

thats why ole codie had to site a youtube video to share techs for smb3 cause you can look at the code all you want but it aint gonna help you stomp koopas...in this application its like using the fishfinder 10000 lx.....get the hell out of here with that bull!!!

Hes Right GIF by MOODMAN

3 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

It is scientifically proved that I am no witch!
I have been weighed against a duck before and it turns out I don't weigh the same as one.
Therefore I am not made of wood and thus I am not a witch.

the big lebowski opinion GIF

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BeaIank said:

Ruling is pretty straight forward in this case.
Since the game always crash due to poorly written code, then it doesn't count.

Alright, in that case I may as well give away the conditions in case anyone else wants to try for fun.

• Have a maxed skill level of AA
  • Goto the right location on day 3 (Honolulu, I think)

Then anytime you hook a blue Marlin (there are multiple types of Marlin in case you didn't already know), there's a 20/256 chance it'll spawn the 1800 lbs beast. Combined with the blue Marlin odds that's just under 4%. 

I assume this was well hidden enough that they forgot to test weighing it before shipping, hence the crash. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Alright, in that case I may as well give away the conditions in case anyone else wants to try for fun.

• Have a maxed skill level of AA
  • Goto the right location on day 3 (Honolulu, I think)

Then anytime you hook a blue Marlin (there are multiple types of Marlin in case you didn't already know), there's a 20/256 chance it'll spawn the 1800 lbs beast. Combined with the blue Marlin odds that's just under 4%. 

I assume this was well hidden enough that they forgot to test weighing it before shipping, hence the crash. 

I actually feel for you that this doesnt count. What a crazy find. Im relieved to the extent that the contest isnt over though. If that fish could be weighed, a lot of us would be racing super sprint instead of getting back on the water tonight.

Funny they didnt even double the max size for the big bonus glitch fish. With all those conditions for finding it, they should have made it 5,000 lbs. Shoot for the moon 

So after all that, back to a three way tie for the lead....

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I actually feel for you that this doesnt count. What a crazy find. Im relieved to the extent that the contest isnt over though. If that fish could be weighed, a lot of us would be racing super sprint instead of getting back on the water tonight.

Funny they didnt even double the max size for the big bonus glitch fish. With all those conditions for finding it, they should have made it 5,000 lbs. Shoot for the moon 

So after all that, back to a three way tie for the lead....

The way it's programmed the max size would be 2047. Although 2000 (+7) would make more sense. 

2 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

In other news, I updated to a 1206 lb shark.

Lol we were tied again through breakfast. That didn't last long. 

Edit: didnt want to double post,  but where the hell is your catch, @docile tapeworm? Like the bearcat of this thread, all talk and no scores. Can we get a skinny shark, or a skinny marlin? Hell even a skinny dorado will get you on the scoreboard. 

More Edit: @0xDEAFC0DE, when you say 1207 shark is about 1 in 1000, is that 1 in 1000 fish or 1 in 1000 sharks? 

Edited by NESfiend
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, NESfiend said:

More Edit: @0xDEAFC0DE, when you say 1207 shark is about 1 in 1000, is that 1 in 1000 fish or 1 in 1000 sharks? 

1 in 1000 fish (assuming you are doing a specific thing to maximize the odds)

4 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

so how do you play this game anyway? use bait?

Lol, I thought you didn't want anyone giving you spoilers

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

1 in 1000 fish (assuming you are doing a specific thing to maximize the odds)

Lol, I thought you didn't want anyone giving you spoilers

Skinny may not want spoilers, but I do. Love to know the specific thing if you are up for sharing. If not, no hard feelings, but you may lose one of few remaining players who isn't against your code reading shenanigans 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Skinny may not want spoilers, but I do. Love to know the specific thing if you are up for sharing. If not, no hard feelings, but you may lose one of few remaining players who isn't against your code reading shenanigans 🤣

I'm planning on posting the rest of what I found after the week is up. I want to keep a little bit of a competitive edge

17 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Competitive edge?  When the realistic possibility exists for a ten-way tie for first, you know that your contest is broken...

I blame @Daniel_Doycefor suggesting the game. Some other dude kept hyping it up like crazy. Cant remember who, but that guy seemed cool. Its clearly doyce's fault 

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
18 hours ago, BeaIank said:

Ruling is pretty straight forward in this case.
Since the game always crash due to poorly written code, then it doesn't count.

It is a total shame that the dumb code make it crashes, these special 1800ish lbs marlins were clearly made to be the heaviest fishes to catch in the whole game, heavier than any shark. It might just cost @0xDEAFC0DE a code smart win, which are the most gratifying wins to get in these contests.