IGNORED

Survey Regarding the Potential of a New Video Game Grader in the Market

8 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

The longer people with more money than smarts stay, the better for some of us. 

I have milked thousands out of people trying to ride the wave, I personally know some others who have probably made 100k+ 

Will people make money off the games I sold? Maybe. But they didnt pay 10$ for it then sell for 1500$ 🙂  

And flexing the whole “I am investor and these other plebs have no idea” mindset is going to get you a lot of hate in the community, deserved or not. 

I personally invest in real world investments, like my 401k property or precious metals. But what do I know, I collect cart only 😂😂😂

so you’re the one driving up the prices on all these people. shame on you. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1

6 minutes ago, VideoGameGradersLLC said:

I am a big fan of what I played as a kind, Atari 2600 and NES games but more than anything I enjoy playing with my son who is now 17 but every once in a while still plays Mario with Dad like when he was little (and I was still better than him at video games) and we worked for hours and hours to beat Super Mario Galaxy as a family. 

And you can follow my countdown of my favorite NES Black Box games on Twitter this month, non OG 30 countdown in April.

What kind of atari stuff were you into? Do you play any current gen games?

59 minutes ago, cromag27 said:

i hear ya. but us investors are here to stay, and there will only be more down the line. it’s going to get “worse” before it get better!  but there’s room for everyone.

This is the second bubble from the comics/sports card world looking for the next thing. The first bubble was nostalgia collectors and it ran from 2010 to 2018 (probably peaking in 2016). This second bubble will run its course too, and then outside of "key" games, things will drop off considerably.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Events Helper · Posted
13 minutes ago, cromag27 said:

nobody is forcing you to pay any price. 

Technically you are trying to.  And don't worry I didnt fall for the $90 price tag for a $40 game.

8 minutes ago, cromag27 said:

🤣  Says the investor...........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VideoGameGradersLLC said:

Excellent point.  However the grading will be what matters long term.  The marketing got them going and growing but to sustain over the long haul they'll need to grade consistently and fairly unless they never face real competition. 

I can only assume they've been consistently bashed and ridiculed for being unprofessional and unprepared for their home page here on March 5th still having their holiday shutdown message up?  

Yes and No...... If your not able to market your business and create a buzz you won't be able to compete in today's grading market. In this instance the quality of the grading is key long term but not absolute. Most of the boom with gaming had to do with WATA Marketing and nothing to do with actual grading which was around with VGA.

Also, if anyone thinks VGA considers WATA competition you're sadly mistaken. Video Game Grading is a fraction of their business.... by a long shot. They have 3 other core business divisions not including they actually manufacture their own cases which WATA does not. 

If you are relying on turn around times and grading you have to reassess the strategy and look at WATA true weak points.  VGA doesn't grade CIB so they shouldn't be a focus. Every mountain can be climbed but it's how you go about getting to the top.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cromag27 said:

😂😂😂

A so called investor, complaining about someone else making money? Cmon Bro. I just got in at the ground level. I was investing back when it was just “collecting”

They guys that I sold games to came to me, and some OFFERED double what I would have taken. Im not holding a gun to peoples head forcing them to write me checks. 

You will receive zero sympathy around here for people driving up prices. 

And FYI, the guys that I deal with or have seen around for years, always get well below retail when I sell to them 😉 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
3 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

😂😂😂

A so called investor, complaining about someone else making money? Cmon Bro. I just got in at the ground level. I was investing back when it was just “collecting”

They guys that I sold games to came to me, and some OFFERED double what I would have taken. Im not holding a gun to peoples head forcing them to write me checks. 

And FYI, the guys that I deal with or have seen around for years, always get well below retail when I sell to them 😉 

Im sorry, i was like wtf........but yes we both agree on that comment 🤣

scuse me, he is driving up prices????  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drxandy said:

What kind of atari stuff were you into? Do you play any current gen games?

Arcade classics since dumping quarters into machines was what I knew.  Asteroids, Space Invaders, Centipede (although it wasn't the same without the rollerball - which is why ColecoVision was awesome!) and I loved KABOOM!

I do play NES games on the NES Classic, with Hackchi's help have everything I need. 

Current games, not really.  Latest FIFA, Madden, most EA Sports Games I'll try but it's tough to find enough time to play too much these days. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

I personally invest in real world investments, like my 401k property or precious metals. But what do I know, I collect cart only 😂😂😂

Pshh.  Peasant.  CIB master race baby.  I definitely don’t have to avoid explaining to my wife that I spent $50 on some cardboard

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Pshh.  Peasant.  CIB master race baby.  I definitely don’t have to avoid explaining to my wife that I spent $50 on some cardboard

My wife has never complained about my spending on CIB, my money is my own and we keep funds separate outside of shared expenses. That said, when I told her what my collection is roughly worth (especially after the recent boom) she was rather floored.

• Haha 2

Alright so I have a legit question that didn't get answered. What makes you different? Turnaround times aren't a very good gauge because that fluctuates with increased folk sending you stuff. I don't care about what you have done before or your projected turnaround times. Just the one question of what makes you stand out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

😂😂😂

it’s called being facetious. look it up. a smart business man does not look for sympathy, but rather dollar signs. do you really think the bulk of my buying audience is in this forum?  not pot calling, as there’s value in all audiences, but no, for most of my stuff the target audience knows nothing about this forum. 

but i’ll certainly promote my small budget items here. knowing your audience is like investing 101. 

• Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

My wife has never complained about my spending on CIB, my money is my own and we keep funds separate outside of shared expenses. That said, when I told her what my collection is roughly worth (especially after the recent boom) she was rather floored.

Wives, huh, let me tell ya... 😅

Can't live with em...

Spoiler

END OF SENTENCE. 😂

Just now, cromag27 said:

but i’ll certainly promote my small budget items here. knowing your audience is like investing 101. 

What's your problem dude, seriously? This is a community of like-minded gamers and collectors who have been hanging out and sharing the love of our collective passion for years. We are in it for the games, for the mates, and for the laughs. Very few of us are in this for the money, you're just gonna have to accept that.

• Love 4

8 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Mine actually is pretty look the other way.  I mean I don’t think she thought she just never noticed 1300 games when we moved in together. I don’t think.  I had the same experience with the price spike.  All those years of thinking I’m an idiot for buying all those PlayStation games.  Who’s the idiot now?!

Ok, well still me but not because of that. Haha!  

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, cromag27 said:

it’s called being facetious. look it up. a smart business man does not look for sympathy, but rather dollar signs. do you really think the bulk of my buying audience is in this forum?  not pot calling, as there’s value in all audiences, but no, for most of my stuff the target audience knows nothing about this forum. 

i don't even like you assholes star trek GIF

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, VideoGameGradersLLC said:

Great point, very fair.  It's why we are being so aggressive with our Indiegogo Perks of deep discounts for those willing to give us a try.  We know we will not have the built in trust in the same way.  Also fair to consider the market has evolved since then, more demand and more understanding of video game grading.  

Honestly not seeing the perks, donating money to receive discounts? Not very enticing at all imo.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1