IGNORED

PSA some asshole is doing spot on counterfeits of NWC now

Lincoln

1 hour ago, Deadeye said:

@SumezI do agree.  I would prefer counterfeits not be called repros.  However I don't have the energy to wage a war on language in this case, it is just everywhere.   Not suggesting you are, but I do see that in some.  Instead, I'll just accept that it happens and call the licensed ones as reissues.  

Well that's how I feel about the "bootlegs" term.

Anyone remember Hong Kong Originals? 😄

Edited by fcgamer

3 minutes ago, GPX said:

If it falls into the right hands with the winning bidders, then we can all breathe a sigh of relief. Would you approve though if it falls in the hands of a scammer planning to sell privately to an unsuspecting buyer for a huge profit?

If WATA and VGA are scratching their heads figuring out whether an item is authentic or a repro, I doubt if another company will be able to solve the dilemma. Hopefully this will never happen in our lifetime..

I disagree on this. Different minds have different ways of solving problems.

Administrator · Posted
18 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

If we go back a few pages earlier, @Gloves was quick to call the Pokemon and Rockman games bootlegs, yet he similarly gave Khan's Leisure Suit Larry and Frogger games a pass under the unlicensed/homebrew categories. @Code MonkeyMonkey did something similar. Yet what is inherently different between any of those?

Yo don't put words in my mouth, I never once gave those games a pass. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Wow, cropping a quote to make it look weird, good job bro!

10 hours ago, fcgamer said:

No, I'm just stating in general. 

I have no idea about the woman who made that cart, and I don't fancy looking into her situation. I wouldn't recommend that you do either, it might come across as stalking

Here's again the full context.  I would love to know how you would even come up with this nonsense?  What would I have said that would even make you assume this insane idea that I would try to stalk this ebay seller to understand their living situation, in order to not feel guilt about reporting them to ebay?  Are you off your meds or something?

Ok guys I did some 'research' that totally wasn't stalking and found out this is the user who was making the  counterfeit NWC repros.  Yknow, we shouldn't report this person because, yknow, we're in these unprecedented times and we might hurt their chance to make a decent living.  So, can we just look past this one, just for now?  I mean, in the grand scheme of things, is it really that bad what shes doing?

EDIT: Gloves if you're gonna remove the pic, at least say it was of Jessica Nigri to at least get my joke across lol

Edited by guitarzombie
NSFW

Administrator · Posted
Just now, fcgamer said:

Sure, but what does "not cool" mean for you? Would that be Bootleg, homebrew, pirate, counterfeit, Unlicensed, licensed, etc?

Please specify

Nah.

I don't really care for this silly need to put everything into very specific buckets.

I have "cool" and "not cool" buckets. I see no need to complicate life further than that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

Nah.

I don't really care for this silly need to put everything into very specific buckets.

I have "cool" and "not cool" buckets. I see no need to complicate life further than that.

Yet you were so quick to call the Sintax games bootlegs.

Keep the hypocrisy alive!!!

Just now, Gloves said:

And to be clear, I wasn't "quick" to do so either.

I went and researched them. I haven't got the time nor patience to sit here and do so for every game you list.

You don't need to do any research, it's all there for you:

The Sintax games used popular IPs without permission, but otherwise the games are original. But nevertheless, the IP is used without permission from the holders.

On two nes games in question (and from a chart posted earlier, also done Atari homebrew is like this), again, IP used without permission, but programmed from scratch, etc.

So are all the games bootlegs, or is there something that makes you feel that the games should be classified in different brackets?

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

Not sure how you draw that conclusion. The seller is honest about what they're selling, plenty of potential buyers (myself included) might go into the bidding because we actually want this cart, knowing full well what it is and isn't.

If there is an attempt to make a 1:1 copy then there is deception. Why else would it be 1:1? Why would there be so much effort into making it 1:1? Why not color it yellow and make it the shape of a 🐕? If not to be deceptive inorder to convince onlookers it is legitimate. Even if the seller is communicating that it's counterfeit the act of creating the item is to deceive. 

Did you see the visual aid? Tell me the difference between the last 1 vs the first 3.

Edited by RegularGuyGamer

Administrator · Posted
Just now, fcgamer said:

You don't need to do any research, it's all there for you:

The Sintax games used popular IPs without permission, but otherwise the games are original. But nevertheless, the IP is used without permission from the holders.

On two nes games in question (and from a chart posted earlier, also done Atari homebrew is like this), again, IP used without permission, but programmed from scratch, etc.

So are all the games bootlegs, or is there something that makes you feel that the games should be classified in different brackets?

See this is the problem, and my mistake, with ever even uttering any terminology that you pop out. Every rando and his gram seems to have a different definition of the term "bootleg".

And so with that I simply henceforth refuse to bother with the term, outside of my above comment regarding our for fun little game. I just don't care and I know I'm posting a lot so it might look like I do, but boy do I ever not.