IGNORED

PSA some asshole is doing spot on counterfeits of NWC now

Lincoln

Administrator · Posted

They've put one up on ebay, and I mean...

They do list it as a repro, AND looking at the photos, it's pretty obvious it's a repro. I think you'd be hard pressed to fool anyone with these.

That said, I reported it as I would any repro. (yes, I created a French ebay account to do so)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Seller states they are repros , they aren't 1:1, I think all things considered they look really nice.

Creating a French eBay account just to shit on someone else's projects though, I dunno man.

All the tantrums you've thrown over the years about repros and you're defending this? GTFO

Edit: the one auction i found shows up on ebay.com using the listing id, no need to make a new account to report/follow

Edited by Lincoln
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

All the tantrums you've thrown over the years about repros and you're defending this? GTFO

At the bottom of the tantrums always was one thing, the hypocrisy. And what is going on here is a nice throwback to that, with the mental gymnastics you and others are using to justify some but then to denounce others. I've stopped caring about something I can't fight years ago, even on NA, but the one thing that still stinks is the hypocrisy and excuses people here use.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
Just now, fcgamer said:

At the bottom of the tantrums always was one thing, the hypocrisy. And what is going on here is a nice throwback to that, with the mental gymnastics you and others are using to justify some but then to denounce others. I've stopped caring about something I can't fight years ago, even on NA, but the one thing that still stinks is the hypocrisy and excuses people here use.

I think I saw what you were talking about before, but can you reiterate for me what hypocrisy we're talking about here?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gloves said:

Upon closer inspection of @CasualCart's drawing up above, I actually noticed that if you zoom in really hard, he's hidden his ACTUAL address in the image of the shipping box!

Hide contents

image.png

What is with you doxing people. First it was my face in the Circus Charlie contest, and now it's CasualCart's address.

• Haha 2

For people jumping on the report the repro maker bandwagon, I think that's where I draw the line, especially when the guy isn't selling it as real, made it purposely not 1:1, etc. You don't know the person's situation, and if the person's account or PayPal got shut down, for example, it could possibly start causing problems in their real life, especially during the uncertainty of this pandemic.

• Like 2

I don't worry about it too much.

Just looking at the pcb's of the original and the fake, you can clearly see that the fake is in fact.....a fake. It looks close but it still looks off. That's just at a glance. If I was in line to purchase this there is no doubt I would do further research. At the end of that research if there was even a smidgeon of doubt in authenticity, I would walk away. Every aspect of a heavy hitter such as an NWC should be highly scrutinized. No reason not to.

People with a keen eye will still be able to tell the difference between the two and people who don't do their due diligence and just purchase a fake unknowingly.......well they probably should find a new hobby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted
29 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

For people jumping on the report the repro maker bandwagon, I think that's where I draw the line, especially when the guy isn't selling it as real, made it purposely not 1:1, etc. You don't know the person's situation, and if the person's account or PayPal got shut down, for example, it could possibly start causing problems in their real life, especially during the uncertainty of this pandemic.

Making and/or selling repros is illegal. Selling them on eBay is not allowed. Also the person doing so is female. 

• Like 1

I can tell they are fake just from the labels alone, don't even need to see a fake PCB to go along with it.  There are artifacts all over the place that won't be on a real one, at least for the numbered carts.

For NWC gold, all bets are off, even the "originals" looks fake since they were basically ruined NWC carts with half assed labels applied to begin with.

Edited by peg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Making and/or selling repros is illegal. Selling them on eBay is not allowed. Also the person doing so is female. 

Yeah, we addressed that the person identifies as female multiple pages back, nothing more to discuss on that.

Regarding the other part, there we go with the hypocrisy again. If you truly care about the legality, I'll send you a list of links that you can start reporting. 

The only reason you care is because this is a NWC . Let's be honest here. And that still doesn't give you the right to possibly be messing with someone else's livelihood.

3 hours ago, fcgamer said:

@Code Monkey: On a different note, I think it's time you upgrade and start following described linguistic practices, rather than prescribed. It would serve you much better in life, imo, help understanding people more, etc. Just a thought.

Thou shalt not pressure thy linguals unto thine peers.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I was referring to how he somehow thought bootleg and counterfeit were different but man, seeing Warez again is like looking through a time machine. I remember I went to a Warez site once and the website showed me a folder view of all the personal folders on my computer. After that I was more selective on what I installed.

Fair enough.  You know why I went there?  My distant internet past.  I used to be one of the channel ops for #oldwarez on efnet for nearly 5 years in the back half of the 90s, #emu for emulation too.  It just hit me with all the ping pong on definitions and back pedaling on stuff and the selective hypocrisy.  I remember trick sites like that, it used an old technique because the crap way PCs were setup then for networking, it's not like they could access and use your stuff, erase/move without using an actual trojan or virus, but you could grab a snapshot to scare the shit out of someone pretty easily.

Administrator · Posted
14 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Yeah, we addressed that the person identifies as female multiple pages back, nothing more to discuss on that.

Regarding the other part, there we go with the hypocrisy again. If you truly care about the legality, I'll send you a list of links that you can start reporting. 

The only reason you care is because this is a NWC . Let's be honest here. And that still doesn't give you the right to possibly be messing with someone else's livelihood.

You're assuming a whole lot about me as a person

1. I don't give two shits about NWC in general
  2. They're actively breaking the law, their livelihood is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned
  3. It's not my job to go out of my way to find and report repros; I came upon this listing and found that it breaks the rules and is illegal, so I reported it

There's not a shred of this supposed hypocrisy in anything that I have said or done, or have ever done or said with regard to things of this nature.

Repros are illegal, I do not support them, I will report them if I come across them. It's THAT simple.

• Like 5

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Honestly, not at all. 

Then again I'd reckon some of the guys here would lock up a man for stealing a load of bread.

You're really conflating a whole lot here. You're acting like we're saying this person needs to be jailed or executed. Reaction befitting the crime, dude, how are you this dense about it?

She is posting illegal stuff that breaks ebays rules. So I reported it. At worst, they have their related accounts suspended or altogether deleted, and that PERFECTLY fits the "crime" going on here. 

You're really reaching.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Honestly, not at all. 

Then again I'd reckon some of the guys here would lock up a man for stealing a load of bread.

So doing something against ebays terms of service, and something that can be potentially damaging to the community you're a part of is really ok because theres a possibility they might need a few extra dollars because or they wont be able to provide for their family.  

ASTOUNDING.  Like this will cripple their entire life.  Good lord.  Consequences have repercussions.  They made their bed now they have to lie in it.  Take some accountability in your life.

• Like 1