IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

Screenshot-from-2022-12-29-13-51-37.png

The robber has since been identified as 30-year-old Luis Sajbocho-Ordonez. Police said that Sajbocho and the employee were fighting when another employee exited the building, spooking Sajbochoz, who fired his gun and ran.

The bullet didn’t hit anyone, but Sajbocho wasn’t so lucky. As he tried to run away, Sajbocho-Ordonez slipped on a patch of ice and hit his head on the ground. Witnesses were able to wrestle two guns away from him as he lay on the ground injured.

Police took Sajbocho into custody and emergency crews were able to treat his injuries on the scene. He was taken to jail, where he was charged with armed robbery and aggravated assault.

“Like a scene from Home Alone,” Gainesville police wrote. “Fortunately, no serious injuries occurred and the perp went to jail.”

Social Team · Posted
4 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Well DUH!   Don't people understand even the most simplistic things about  batteries???

https://news.yahoo.com/brother-sister-had-stop-6-090000489.html

Dude, that road trip was 1,229 miles!  Of course you need to stop.  In fact they averaged 204 miles per stop.  If they are speeding at 80mph then that means they'll drive for 2.5 hours.  This very much lines up with my winter Tesla road trip too.  But funny thing is my stops averaged 10-20 mins in length and always felt over quickly because I'd be busy taking a restroom break or just play a quick game of solitaire on the monitor.  At the end of the trip I felt great because I had taken "frequent" breaks.  

In fact they recommend at least a 15min break every 2 hours of driving (https://www.theroadtripexpert.com/how-frequently-should-you-take-breaks-when-driving-long-distances/) As someone who grew up taking 4 hour drives with stops only to fill up and filling like shit when I got to the destination I understand why they recommend frequent stops with short breaks.  It really does make you feel much better during the trip and once you get to your destination.

1 hour ago, FireHazard51 said:

Dude, that road trip was 1,229 miles!  Of course you need to stop.  In fact they averaged 204 miles per stop.  If they are speeding at 80mph then that means they'll drive for 2.5 hours.  This very much lines up with my winter Tesla road trip too.  But funny thing is my stops averaged 10-20 mins in length and always felt over quickly because I'd be busy taking a restroom break or just play a quick game of solitaire on the monitor.  At the end of the trip I felt great because I had taken "frequent" breaks.  

In fact they recommend at least a 15min break every 2 hours of driving (https://www.theroadtripexpert.com/how-frequently-should-you-take-breaks-when-driving-long-distances/) As someone who grew up taking 4 hour drives with stops only to fill up and filling like shit when I got to the destination I understand why they recommend frequent stops with short breaks.  It really does make you feel much better during the trip and once you get to your destination.

Nowhere the model of efficiency they cracked up to be.  Yeah - it was cold weather but cold weather happens - which is why they had to stop so often.  And who drives 80 mph at any time (especially if you likely to encounter slick conditions) - pretty much illegal anyway last time I checked. * 

And they said they had to stop 6 times in one day - not that they only took 1 day on their trip.  So the average is gonna be well below 200 miles per charge or so  if they took 2 days (the article is not super clear).  

All this assumes no wait time to even initiate charging at what is best a patchy charging network.  Likely due to the cold increasing as they went on their journey,  The other factor is heat - you get that essentially free in most internal combustion engines - where do you think it comes from in a Tesla?  I have driven vehicles in that sort of weather with minimal heating (air cooled engines) and it ain't fun so you pretty much got to run heat if you have it.

I tell you what - lets drive from Denver to Minneapolis on the same route and speed in a cold front hovering around zero with clear roads.  I will take my my 4 banger RAV 4 and you can take a Tesla.  Who will get there first do you think.  I can tank up pretty quickly and be on my way.  Let's assume a one night break of the same length.  I hope you will have the equivalent of a trickle charger - I know I won't need one.

---------------------------------------

And then we can talk about how well each vehicle would do under temperatures in excess of 100 degress Fahrenheit. It ain't pretty for electric vehicles there either.

----------------------------------------------------

The electic pickups fare even worse if actually using them for a work vehicle.  And that is under ideal conditions let alone cold/hot weather.  

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/ford-f150-lightning-electric-truck-towing-test/

*A couple of other factors not really addressed in the article - how cold was it - some of the better models of Tesla experience a 17% battery capacity drop at freezing - who knows how much that drop actually was during the recent cold snap much of the country had -so when they took the trip is important also.  And what were the road conditions like - if at all icy in spots the speed would have gone up and down - which kills mileage in any sort of vehicle.  And of course how much mileage they actually got and if it was a 2 day trip or not.   The final analysis is how much time they actually spent from point A to point B (including for charging times and excluding any breaks overnight or whatnot).   

Edited by Tabonga

Social Team · Posted
23 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Nowhere the model of efficiency they cracked up to be.  Yeah - it was cold weather but cold weather happens - which is why they had to stop so often.  And who drives 80 mph at any time (especially if you likely to encounter slick conditions) - pretty much illegal anyway last time I checked.  

And they said they had to stop 6 times in one day - not that they only took 1 day on their trip.  So the average is gonna be well below 200 miles per charge or so  if they took 2 days (the article is not super clear).  

All this assumes no wait time to even initiate charging at what is best a patchy charging network.  Likely due to the cold increasing as they went on their journey,  The other factor is heat - you get that essentially free in most internal combustion engines - where do you think it comes from in a Tesla?  I have driven vehicles in that sort of weather with minimal heating (air cooled engines) and it ain't fun so you pretty much got to run heat if you have it.

I tell you what - lets drive from Denver to Minneapolis on the same route and speed in a cold front hovering around zero with clear roads.  I will take my my 4 banger RAV 4 and you can take a Tesla.  Who will get there first do you think.  I can tank up pretty quickly and be on my way.  Let's assume a one night break of the same length.  I hope you will have the equivalent of a trickle charger - I know I won't need one.

---------------------------------------

And then we can talk about how well each vehicle would do under temperatures in excess of 100 degress Fahrenheit. It ain't pretty for electric vehicles there either.

----------------------------------------------------

The electic pickups fare even worse if actually using them for a work vehicle.  And that is under ideal conditions let alone cold/hot weather.  

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/ford-f150-lightning-electric-truck-towing-test/

Hey man if you got places to be and can't spare the couple hours for easy and comfort then that's fine.  I mean if you want to create challenges that are impossible to match then how about driving on regular highway with no hands.  Your RAV4 vs the Tesla.  I'm not here to shit people's cars but providing my own experience with my car and how it compares to the story.  I take it you got beef with electric cars for some reason.  I have no interest in changing your mind on the subject.  I have both a ICE and electric car and I prefer the electric for my own uses and needs.

1 minute ago, FireHazard51 said:

Hey man if you got places to be and can spare the couple hours for easy and comfort then that's fine.  I mean if you want to create challenges that are impossible to match then how about driving on regular highway with no hands.  You're RAV4 vs the Tesla.  I'm not here to shit people's cars but providing my own experience with my car and how it compares to the story.  I take it you got beef with electric cars for some reason.  I have no interest in changing your mind on the subject.  I have both a ICE and electric car and I prefer the electric for my own uses and needs.

Not shitting anyone's cars (only really mentioning Tesla since they seem to be the most noted EV and that was the vehicle in the article) - just pointing out that evs are not the universal panacea that everyone thinks they are - they certainly have limitations that people often want to overlook and can't totally  take the place of  more proven technologies.  They work well enough in certain situations.

Some of my most memorable driving experiences were between Denver and Yankton SD going across I70 in a 1961 Econoline station wagon leaving Denver at midnight in late August and getting to watch the Perseids through that marvelous windshield.   It was far from a comfortable journey since that thing wasn't a comfort vehicle (no AC and an underpowered six overhead valve engine).  So it wasn't about speed (although the only place I have ever driven through that was more boring than Nebraska in the day time were the Dakotas and Montana) at that point in my life - but it was pleasurable in an odd way, 

9 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Sounds like it is a blanket proscription.   They do seem somewhat hypocritical though - they want to ban them for their behaviour but on the other hand they claim to want to protect them from being beaten by non-white  criminally inclined troglodytes that apparenly comprise their racially acceptable patrons (it is actually on the bar to deal with anyone that is physically aggressive).  A pox upon their house and may they live interesting times..........

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 1

A Guy Says He Had a Heart Attack and Went to Hell in 2016

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/a42593462/near-death-experience-story-priest-went-to-hell-tiktok/

• A priest says he briefly went to hell in 2016.
  • He saw men walking like dogs and heard demons singing Rihanna songs.

Haha! well, that's amusing - but apparently near-death experiences cause strange hallucinations. I'm going to guess he's read too much about fire and brimstone and his brain invoked those fears during his NDE... but Rihanna?

Welcome To Hell Swerk GIF

NYPD officers caught having sex in car after residents hear screams: report

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nypd-officers-caught-having-sex-203755748.html

Two New York City police officers were reportedly caught having loud sex in a car parked outside a Brooklyn precinct after neighbors overheard a woman screaming.

The New York Post reported that the off-duty officers were found naked in the car after a concerned caller heard "hot and heavy" cries and called the police.

The officers are reportedly partners on the job who have had an ongoing affair that became common knowledge in the precinct after the male officer’s wife found out and "created havoc" at the station last summer.

"She showed up to the precinct to confront the girlfriend," the source told the Post. "Shortly after in the rear of the precinct, with bosses and cops present, the two cops got into a huge altercation because of the wife. Nothing was done.

"Then someone had the bright idea to have them partnered up, riding in the same sector."

It is not known if the cops, who both denied having sex, were disciplined.

I'm sure there was lots of... "disciplining" 🤣

spank GIF

5 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Why haven't people grown up - not only criminal but stupid beyond belief -  like the worker had anything to do with the overextended credit card,

https://news.yahoo.com/angry-customer-hurls-scalding-soup-131416075.html

Pathetic that she was charged with simple assault which is a misdemeanor. She could have blinded the innocent worker! Hope the family sues her into oblivion...

• Agree 1

🤣

Screenshot-from-2023-01-27-18-31-20.png

Even Ralphie's advocates admit they don't have many nice things to say about him. They concede that he's a jerk, a terror, a demon. They caution that anyone choosing to engage with him should do so at their own risk. Given that stipulation, his supporters have just one request: Will you please welcome him into your life forever?

"He's a whole jerk- not even half. Everything belongs to him. If you dare test his ability to possess THE things, wrath will ensue. If you show a moment of weakness, prepare to be exploited. Sounds fun, huh?"

Edited by avatar!
  • Like 1