IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

3 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Why would you jump into a river known to have crocodiles in it?

https://news.yahoo.com/costa-rica-soccer-player-eaten-120044430.html

I'm honestly a bit sad they killed the crocodile. I mean, it was just doing what nature intended it to do, namely eat any prey that gets in its way, and this moron jumped in knowing that the river has numerous crocodiles... at the end of the day, nature once again gets destroyed by stupid humans 😠

Edited by avatar!
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, avatar! said:

I'm honestly a bit sad they killed the crocodile. I mean, it was just doing what nature intended it to do, namely eat any prey that gets in its way, and this moron jumped in knowing that the river has numerous crocodiles... at the end of the day, nature once again gets destroyed by stupid humans 😠

I'm with you 100% on this. I'd love to ask the wife how she thinks the crocodile must be feeling.

A dog hit the pedal on a golf cart and ran over a 4-year-old, who was uninjured

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/07/us/dog-golf-cart-child-accident/index.html

Bella, an arson dog, jumped down from the seat of a golf cart and landed on the accelerator pedal, sending the cart toward people attending a Friday night festival, the Westland Fire and Rescue Department said in news release. Firefighters attempted to gain control of the cart and steer it away from people attending the event. Before they were able to control the vehicle it struck a 4-year-old girl, running over her left leg, the fire department said. Paramedics assessed the child and found no visible injuries. Her mother refused further treatment and an emergency room visit, according to the news release. Ten minutes after the accident, the 4-year-old girl resumed eating her popcorn and jumping in a bounce house, the news release said.

Bella will be returning to the cart “with extra precautions in place,” according to the fire department.

driving french bulldog GIF by Rover.com

I'll up @Tabonga one 🙂

Screenshot-from-2023-08-08-20-48-05.png

https://wjactv.com/news/local/psp-lewistown-man-charged-after-crashing-into-second-story-of-house-claiming-he-saw-demons

According to a police criminal complaint, Evan Thomas Miller, Henrietta Street, crashed his grandmother’s Toyota Corolla into the second story of a house along Alfarata Road in Decatur Township Sunday.

He has been charged with first-degree felony aggravated assault, third-degree felony criminal mischief, second-degree misdemeanor recklessly endangering another person and five summary offenses.

This is not funny... BUT...

Atlanta police seek information about death of man who was murdered in cemetery

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/atlanta-police-seek-information-about-man-who-was-murdered-cemetery/4GMJ7SGDJRFFRBVA6B3CCOWR7E/

On July 26, officers responded to Metropolitan Parkway SW to a call about a man’s body lying in a cemetery.

Sarcastic Not Funny GIF

3 hours ago, avatar! said:

This is not funny... BUT...

Atlanta police seek information about death of man who was murdered in cemetery

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/atlanta-police-seek-information-about-man-who-was-murdered-cemetery/4GMJ7SGDJRFFRBVA6B3CCOWR7E/

On July 26, officers responded to Metropolitan Parkway SW to a call about a man’s body lying in a cemetery.

Sarcastic Not Funny GIF

A grave situation indeed.......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tabonga said:

How horrible... I feel sorry for that poor vendor just trying to make a decent living and working so hard! Fortunately -

Bakersfield woman arrested after attacking taco stand employee in Los Angeles

36-year-old Renee Latrice Hines was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.

Now the question is, since this is Cali, how long will it be before she's released. My guess, she's already released...

Video shows suspects steal $300,000 worth of designer goods in 'flash mob burglary'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/08/10/video-flash-mob-burglary-glendale-california-the-americana/70569606007/

At least 30 suspects "flooded" the Yves Saint Laurent store in The Americana at Brand Tuesday afternoon and stole clothing and other merchandise before fleeing on foot and leaving the location in numerous vehicles, said police in a statement. An investigation into the incident is underway. The total loss is estimated to be approximately $300,000.

“This type of criminal activity will not be tolerated in Glendale," said Glendale Police Chief Manuel Cid in a statement, promising that the department will "pursue all leads and utilize every available resource to apprehend those responsible and bring them to justice."

I've read a lot of articles that say this is a direct result of Prop 47 where if you still $950 or less you get a misdemeanor. Of course, some disagree.

8 minutes ago, avatar! said:

How horrible... I feel sorry for that poor vendor just trying to make a decent living and working so hard! Fortunately -

Bakersfield woman arrested after attacking taco stand employee in Los Angeles

36-year-old Renee Latrice Hines was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.

Now the question is, since this is Cali, how long will it be before she's released. My guess, she's already released...

And she likely doesn't have pot to piss in so civil damages are probably meaningless.   Ugly car too.....

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, avatar! said:

Video shows suspects steal $300,000 worth of designer goods in 'flash mob burglary'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/08/10/video-flash-mob-burglary-glendale-california-the-americana/70569606007/

At least 30 suspects "flooded" the Yves Saint Laurent store in The Americana at Brand Tuesday afternoon and stole clothing and other merchandise before fleeing on foot and leaving the location in numerous vehicles, said police in a statement. An investigation into the incident is underway. The total loss is estimated to be approximately $300,000.

“This type of criminal activity will not be tolerated in Glendale," said Glendale Police Chief Manuel Cid in a statement, promising that the department will "pursue all leads and utilize every available resource to apprehend those responsible and bring them to justice."

I've read a lot of articles that say this is a direct result of Prop 47 where if you still $950 or less you get a misdemeanor. Of course, some disagree.

The total each miscreant took probably exceeds that amount - but that is meaningless if the DA doesn't pursue it or pleads it down.  And of course they still have to track some of them down and prove it.

• Agree 1

Just not the brightest of people...

Man wanted in Georgia arrested after applying to be a cop in another state

https://www.walb.com/2023/08/17/man-wanted-georgia-arrested-after-applying-be-cop-another-state/

According to the Monticello Police Department in Arkansas, 24-year-old Justin Carter applied for an open position with their department as a patrolman through an online form. Police said when he went from Atlanta to the police department for the physical fitness test on Aug. 15, officials noticed there were some discrepancies in his physical appearance from his background check, which led to the discovery of his actual identity and a warrant for him out of Georgia.

Monticello PD said they allowed Carter to perform the physical test for pre-employment and then took him into custody immediately afterward.

Carter is currently awaiting extradition back to Georgia to face the charges against him, police said.