IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot-from-2023-09-06-13-35-58.png

https://jalopnik.com/maryland-cop-suspended-for-kissing-a-woman-getting-in-1850808049

Office Francesco Marlett is in hot water after he footage of Marlett smooching on a woman, then getting into the back seat of his patrol crossover with her where he spent around 40 minutes, was posted to TikTok Tuesday.

“It was concerning because there’s kids around,” he said. “It just seemed off because this is the person that you’re supposed to call for suspicious activity doing the suspicious activity, you know.”

The amorous officer had previously been suspended after an indictment for child abuse and assault...Did Marlett knock the kid unconscious? All we know is that he spanked the boy, and then he hit his head hard enough to lose consciousness. Could have been a coincidence. But regardless, officer Marlett is back on the force serving and protecting the good people of Prince George County, and also smooching on the woman in the video and “kinetically ascertaining her immediate posterior region.”

6 hours ago, Tulpa said:

This whole story is bonkers.

https://www.npr.org/2023/09/07/1198252469/coast-guard-hamster-wheel-reza-baluchi-atlantic-ocean

Coast Guard arrests a man trying to run a giant hamster wheel across the Atlantic

It is a pretty cool little toy. I bet if one marketed it well it would be popular in ponds and small lakes 🙂

Screenshot-from-2023-09-08-14-47-57.png

7 hours ago, Tulpa said:

This whole story is bonkers.

https://www.npr.org/2023/09/07/1198252469/coast-guard-hamster-wheel-reza-baluchi-atlantic-ocean

Coast Guard arrests a man trying to run a giant hamster wheel across the Atlantic

Heh - I don't know which is crazier.  

https://97x.com/indiana-man-arrested-waving-at-passing-cars-while-fully-nude/

"jeep jeep" to you too!

I wouldn't call this "stupid" per se, but certainly... unusual --

Screenshot-from-2023-09-19-15-26-36.png

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/09/19/marina-abramovic-royal-academy-nude-naked-performers/

Being sandwiched between two unfamiliar bodies is an experience those on the morning commute will be all too familiar with. For the same privilege, the Royal Academy of Arts is asking for a £25 fee, with the difference being that those two bodies will be naked. Visitors to the upcoming Marina Abramović exhibition will have to squeeze themselves past two nude performance artists, a man and a woman, standing face-to-face in the doorway. The performance, called Imponderabilia, forces a “confrontation between nakedness, and the gender, the sexuality, the desire,” said Andrea Tarsia, the Royal Academy’s head of exhibitions. There is a separate entrance for the prudish.

I honestly don't think wanting to NOT squeeze past naked people you have never met before can be called "prudish". Usually when I want to see "nearly naked" people do impressive art I just go to Cirque du Soleil. Also, curious if there's any sense of "arousal" in the "performers" and if so, how do they deal with it? Is that safe? And... what about chaffing?

Body Wash Healthy Skin GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Poor woman, I hope she recovers.

A woman hopping inside a Dodge Charger for a cigarette sparked an explosion that destroyed the car, burned down a significant portion of her home and left her with third-degree burns. How could a cigarette cause so much destruction while sitting in a driveway? A propane tank was being stored in the back seat with the windows rolled up.

3a2c0b282794da96ef600ecfa5b49858.webp

• 3 weeks later...

‘Parasites’: Mother wins court case to evict two sons in their 40s

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/27/europe/mum-evicts-sons-court-italy-intl-scli/index.html

The two sons, described in court papers by their mother as “parasites,” had been living in the family apartment without contributing financially or helping around the house, according to the complaint filed by the woman, who has not been named, in a the Tribunal of Pavia district court. Both men are employed, the court documents state.

Judge Simona Caterbi sided with the retired mother, who is separated from the men’s father and whose pension went entirely on food and maintenance of the home, ruling that the two “bamboccioni,” or big babies, have until December 18 to vacate the premises, according to Tuesday’s court ruling, seen by CNN.

I think the real lesson here is that Italian pejoratives sound fabulous! I have to remember bamboccioni 😁

11 hours ago, Tabonga said:

This one sounds really hinky to me.

https://news.yahoo.com/california-ritz-carlton-sued-woman-003201179.html

A first blush (as it were) it comes off (again as it were) as a shakedown to me,

But if I am wrong I guess the situation would be kinky rather than hinky.

Either they're telling the truth in which case the hotel is going to be paying them big bucks, and deservedly so. Or they're lying. However, the fact that the hotel refused to give them the bottles of water sounds very suspicious. That said, don't they already have the "tainted water"? It's all rather strange...

16 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Either they're telling the truth in which case the hotel is going to be paying them big bucks, and deservedly so. Or they're lying. However, the fact that the hotel refused to give them the bottles of water sounds very suspicious. That said, don't they already have the "tainted water"? It's all rather strange...

Not really - the hotel gives them the bottle the hotel loses the chain of custody of that evidence (which is already somewhat compromised)..

I remember a case locally where a woman thought the waiters at a restaurant were acting goofy around her and for some reason she thought they had jizzed on her salad.  So she took the salad to a radio guy who was "the troubleshooter" and he sent it off to a lab for testing,  Nothing on it  but house dressing - in this case  I don't think the woman was after money but just had a hyperactive imagination.

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Not really - the hotel gives them the bottle the hotel loses the chain of custody of that evidence (which is already somewhat compromised)..

I remember a case locally where a woman thought the waiters at a restaurant were acting goofy around her and for some reason she thought they had jizzed on her salad.  So she took the salad to a radio guy who was "the troubleshooter" and he sent it off to a lab for testing,  Nothing on it  but house dressing - in this case  I don't think the woman was after money but just had a hyperactive imagination.

I was thinking, if they do test the water and find semen in it, then today it's really easy to do a DNA test and find out from whom it came - whether it's a hotel employee or not.

3 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I was thinking, if they do test the water and find semen in it, then today it's really easy to do a DNA test and find out from whom it came - whether it's a hotel employee or not.

Not if the donor was a complete stranger and the DNA profile isn't on an accessible (or any) database.

There was a case several years ago where a pair of cousins (who were travelers with a long history of scams) sued one of the major hotel chains because they claimed the woman had been beaten and raped due to lax security.  It turned out the woman went to a bar and picked up a complete stranger and afterwards her cousin beat the f out of her.  Back then DNA was less testable so that would have been an even blinder end back then.

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

Not if the donor was a complete stranger and the DNA profile isn't on an accessible (or any) database.

There was a case several years ago where a pair of cousins (who were travelers with a long history of scams) sued one of the major hotel chains because they claimed the woman had been beaten and raped due to lax security.  It turned out the woman went to a bar and picked up a complete stranger and afterwards her cousin beat the f out of her.  Back then DNA was less testable so that would have been an even blinder end back then.

I certainly don't know the legal details, but in my mind if I suspected something was off -- if I drank some water at a hotel and got sick etc, I would keep the bottle and have it tested. Actually that brings up a question -- how exactly did they know it was (supposedly) sperm? As opposed to one of numerous other "things" it could have been? Secondly, if it was bodily fluid, supposedly from a hotel employee, could they force the employees working to provide a DNA sample? That would easily show that either the employees are telling the truth, or lying. And same for the couple.