IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

On 11/5/2019 at 6:23 PM, empire said:

Exactly, like how can you even reveal a child's gender until they're at least 12 and old enough to decide what they wanna be?

Well anything they wanna be...they got to know math! 😄 

If you wanna be transgender...or bi-curious...a pansexual...if you wanna be gender-fluid...you got to know math first! 😄 

‘They meow rather than answer a question’: The school children now identifying as animals

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/06/19/school-children-identifying-as-animals-furries/

Difficult as it may be to believe, children at a school in East Sussex were reprimanded last week for refusing to accept a classmate’s decision to self-identify as a cat. The Year 8 pupils were told they would be reported to a senior leader after their teacher said they had “really upset” the fellow pupil by telling them: “You’re a girl.”

Stories about children self-identifying as animals – sometimes referred to as “furries” – have been circulating for some time. Some of them, such as tales of schools providing litter trays to cater for children identifying as cats, have turned out to be hoaxes, which has made it all too easy to assume that the problem is either a myth or is wildly exaggerated.

But it is not difficult to find genuine examples of children in UK schools insisting on being addressed as animals, raising two important questions: why is it happening, and how should teachers respond?

When the pupils told their classmate: “How can you identify as a cat when you’re a girl?” the teacher reprimanded them for “questioning [the child’s] identity”. In this instance, the teacher in charge of the class appears to have bracketed a child’s desire to be treated as a cat with other children’s desire to be treated as another gender, or genderless. The school, which does not dispute that the incident happened, said it was committed to inclusive education, but would be “reviewing our processes to ensure such events do not take place in the future”.

Tracy Shaw, of the grassroots Safe Schools Alliance, said children coming to school and insisting on being addressed as an animal should sound loud alarm bells, and teachers already have all the tools they need to deal with the issue, if they would stop conflating it with gender diversity. “Teachers should be dealing with this under existing safeguarding frameworks,” she says. “If a child is coming to school identifying as a cat or a horse, that should immediately raise red flags. The teacher should be asking themselves, what are these children looking at online? What forums are they on? What is going on in the home? What is happening in that child’s life and who else is involved?"

When I was in school, if I were to tell my teacher I was a dragon or cat or whatever, I'm sure they would have smiled and said "okay, but in my class you're a human" and that would have been that! Common sense just isn't common apparently.

Screenshot-from-2023-06-22-15-37-57.png

https://theautowire.com/articles/man-seemed-shocked-police-chased-him-across-state-lines/

While it’s not always clear-cut, typically neighboring states have an understanding that they can chase suspects across the state line an apprehend them. Call it a common courtesy, but they of course need to let the local law enforcement agencies they’re in the area and why. But that doesn’t mean if you don’t want to get a speeding ticket and you’re near another state, you can just haul across that line and you’re off the hook.

Dukes Of Hazzard Monday GIF

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 6:45 PM, avatar! said:

‘They meow rather than answer a question’: The school children now identifying as animals

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/06/19/school-children-identifying-as-animals-furries/

Difficult as it may be to believe, children at a school in East Sussex were reprimanded last week for refusing to accept a classmate’s decision to self-identify as a cat. The Year 8 pupils were told they would be reported to a senior leader after their teacher said they had “really upset” the fellow pupil by telling them: “You’re a girl.”

Stories about children self-identifying as animals – sometimes referred to as “furries” – have been circulating for some time. Some of them, such as tales of schools providing litter trays to cater for children identifying as cats, have turned out to be hoaxes, which has made it all too easy to assume that the problem is either a myth or is wildly exaggerated.

But it is not difficult to find genuine examples of children in UK schools insisting on being addressed as animals, raising two important questions: why is it happening, and how should teachers respond?

When the pupils told their classmate: “How can you identify as a cat when you’re a girl?” the teacher reprimanded them for “questioning [the child’s] identity”. In this instance, the teacher in charge of the class appears to have bracketed a child’s desire to be treated as a cat with other children’s desire to be treated as another gender, or genderless. The school, which does not dispute that the incident happened, said it was committed to inclusive education, but would be “reviewing our processes to ensure such events do not take place in the future”.

Tracy Shaw, of the grassroots Safe Schools Alliance, said children coming to school and insisting on being addressed as an animal should sound loud alarm bells, and teachers already have all the tools they need to deal with the issue, if they would stop conflating it with gender diversity. “Teachers should be dealing with this under existing safeguarding frameworks,” she says. “If a child is coming to school identifying as a cat or a horse, that should immediately raise red flags. The teacher should be asking themselves, what are these children looking at online? What forums are they on? What is going on in the home? What is happening in that child’s life and who else is involved?"

When I was in school, if I were to tell my teacher I was a dragon or cat or whatever, I'm sure they would have smiled and said "okay, but in my class you're a human" and that would have been that! Common sense just isn't common apparently.

Aww c'mon, this isn't anything new...

On 6/22/2023 at 2:40 PM, avatar! said:

Screenshot-from-2023-06-22-15-37-57.png

https://theautowire.com/articles/man-seemed-shocked-police-chased-him-across-state-lines/

While it’s not always clear-cut, typically neighboring states have an understanding that they can chase suspects across the state line an apprehend them. Call it a common courtesy, but they of course need to let the local law enforcement agencies they’re in the area and why. But that doesn’t mean if you don’t want to get a speeding ticket and you’re near another state, you can just haul across that line and you’re off the hook.

Dukes Of Hazzard Monday GIF

Two words, HOT PURSUIT!  Kee-kew!!  I'm lovin' it!!

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

I read that, and one of the strangest parts is that after she started texting the robber who stole $100 at gunpoint, she says "I can tell you’re sweet, times just get rough. I know that." Seriously? I just don't get it 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I read that, and one of the strangest parts is that after she started texting the robber who stole $100 at gunpoint, she says "I can tell you’re sweet, times just get rough. I know that." Seriously? I just don't get it 🤷‍♂️

I am guessing she was setting him up to get popped.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, you'd have to be waaaay past stupid and beyond nuts to cross into the shittiest of all shithole countries!  As the AVGN would say, what was he thinking!?!?

https://www.foxnews.com/world/north-korea-detains-us-national-who-crossed-military-demarcation-line

I mean I don't recall anyone ever risking life and limb to get over the Berlin Wall into the east side!!

Edited by Estil
  • Agree 1

On 7/24/2023 at 12:13 PM, Tabonga said:

It wasn't their vehicle though!  The stole the ATM (or at least tried to) with a stolen utility truck!  Back in my UK days (the university, not the country) I did several times see the ATMs burned in an attempt (I'm guessing unsuccessful) to rob them.  And that was 20 years ago...I imagine they're even harder to rob now.

On 7/19/2023 at 2:54 PM, Estil said:

But were there soldiers in West Berlin shooting to kill anyone trying to get over the Berlin Wall into East Berlin?

No, but I don't think anyone from South Korea was trying to kill that guy who went over to North Korea, either.

• 2 weeks later...