IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

18 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Mitchell fled the scene and texted the auto theft victim, “Why you got the police on me?” according to an affidavit.

Wow... wonder if he expected ice cream instead?

Car Stealing GIF

Edited by avatar!

Geico ordered to pay Missouri woman $5.2 million after she contracted STD in a car

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/09/us/geico-insurance-std-settlement-missouri/index.html

A Missouri woman was awarded $5.2 million in a settlement from insurance company GEICO after contracting a sexually transmitted disease from her partner in his vehicle, which was insured by the company, court documents show. The Missouri Court of Appeals upheld that award this week.

n February 2021, the woman -- anonymously identified in documents as M.O. -- submitted a petition to GEICO directly. She alleged that her sexual partner negligently caused or "contributed to cause to be infected with HPV by not taking proper precautions and neglecting to inform and/or disclose his diagnosis," according to court documents, and that his "insurance policy provided coverage for her injuries and losses."

I don't know if I'm missing something here... but this sounds like a load of pure bullshite!
If I were Geico I would appeal this to the Supreme Court of I needed to...

Nude woman steals CPD squad car, runs over officer’s leg, then crashes car, top cop says

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-nude-woman-steals-crashes-cpd-squad-car-20220613-yhuv4cuucvd27i6ht57snytm6e-story.html

She walked toward the officer, then walked past him and, with no or very little resistance, got into the driver’s seat of his SUV, the video shows. The officer grabbed hold of the woman’s arm as the driver’s side door remained open for a couple seconds, the video shows.

The woman then put the car in reverse, knocking the officer to the ground. The officer appeared to either get run over by the car or pushed by the car behind another vehicle that was in traffic, the video shows. The police SUV’s driver’s side door was damaged when it struck the back of that other vehicle, and the woman sped away from the scene.

According to a media alert, officers responded to a call of shots fired about 9:50 a.m. There they were “confronted” by a 34-year-old woman who took control of a squad car.

The officer was taken to a hospital where he was treated and released, the alert said.

The woman drove away from the area while hitting multiple vehicles, the alert said. She was eventually arrested and taken to Stroger Hospital in an unknown condition. Charges are pending.

Lauren Boebert Says the Romans Killed Jesus Because He Didn’t Have an AR-15

https://www.thewrap.com/lauren-boebert-says-the-romans-killed-jesus-because-he-didnt-have-an-ar-15-video/

“On Twitter, a lot of the little Twitter trolls, they like to say ‘Oh, Jesus didn’t need an AR-15, how many AR-15s do you think Jesus would have had?’ Well, he didn’t have enough to keep his government from killing him.”

Now, we aren’t theologians, and this writer isn’t even a Christian. But it’s pretty well known that the defining theological concept of Christianity is that Jesus, who if you’re a Christian you believe is also both God and the son of God at the same time, willingly allowed himself to be tortured and then executed by crucifixion as a sacrifice to atone for the sins of humanity. Suffice to say, Jesus going full Rambo on the Romans kind of achieves a different outcome.

But honestly? Sounds like one hell of a movie, uh, no pun intended.

• Eyeroll 1

Boebert is a mine field for comments, but that one, the headline is not what she said at all.  It's being taken out of context if you watch the entire commentary, same with the story about her wanting Biden to be killed, which she also did not say either before the AR comment.  Seems like the article is Oh the humanity equally of them peddling a narrative to her saying dumb crap that's easy to use as ammunition to make her look even more stupid.  There are no winners there, all losers, her and the writers.

10 hours ago, avatar! said:

Lauren Boebert Says the Romans Killed Jesus Because He Didn’t Have an AR-15

https://www.thewrap.com/lauren-boebert-says-the-romans-killed-jesus-because-he-didnt-have-an-ar-15-video/

“On Twitter, a lot of the little Twitter trolls, they like to say ‘Oh, Jesus didn’t need an AR-15, how many AR-15s do you think Jesus would have had?’ Well, he didn’t have enough to keep his government from killing him.”

Now, we aren’t theologians, and this writer isn’t even a Christian. But it’s pretty well known that the defining theological concept of Christianity is that Jesus, who if you’re a Christian you believe is also both God and the son of God at the same time, willingly allowed himself to be tortured and then executed by crucifixion as a sacrifice to atone for the sins of humanity. Suffice to say, Jesus going full Rambo on the Romans kind of achieves a different outcome.

But honestly? Sounds like one hell of a movie, uh, no pun intended.

This is why I don't get the whole Judas being a synonym for "traitor".  IIRC didn't Jesus right after calling him out at the Last Supper as the traitor tell him to "go do what you have to do"?  IOW, to go do what Judas had to do to set things in motion so Jesus could fulfill His destiny/mission.

19 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Boebert is a mine field for comments, but that one, the headline is not what she said at all.  It's being taken out of context if you watch the entire commentary, same with the story about her wanting Biden to be killed, which she also did not say either before the AR comment.  Seems like the article is Oh the humanity equally of them peddling a narrative to her saying dumb crap that's easy to use as ammunition to make her look even more stupid.  There are no winners there, all losers, her and the writers.

I watched the video, she absolutely said "On Twitter, a lot of the little Twitter trolls, they like to say ‘Oh, Jesus didn’t need an AR-15, how many AR-15s do you think Jesus would have had?’ Well, he didn’t have enough to keep his government from killing him.”

I also do not think anything is being taken out of context. No one assumes that she thinks guns were around back then. Clearly, she is a huge supporter of assault rifles and is mixing religion into politics which is dangerous and stupid. This country was built on the enlightened idea of "separation of church and state" - and I'm not saying there should be zero religion at all - clearly that has never been the case. Nevertheless, the Founding Fathers believed that you should mix the two as little as possible and you have to be careful.

I do it's utter sarcasm, people acting like she actually meant it.  She sucks, and sucks at trolling trolls, but it seems to me there's badly done intent at humor and people acting like she's a nut who thinks he would have one, use one, and the rest and it's stupid.  And I have no issue with the AR given it has other guns on the market with the same capability that seemingly don't get raked by the media which seems a bit choosy, but I do agree there is a separation of church and state and I'm pretty fed up when it gets blurred.  Sharia law or Christian morality law, neither of it belongs in government as an edict of do it or else.

2 hours ago, Tabonga said:

I am beginning to think fast food employees deserve combat pay - there are lots of stories like this which tragically sometimes result in people getting killed.  WTF is wrong with people?

https://news.yahoo.com/lehigh-acres-woman-angry-over-174851181.html

Who raised them? 😞  Remember, like Mr Miyagi would say, no such thing as bad kid, only bad parent!  Parent say, child do.  Parent do, child do. 

Edited by Estil
  • Agree 1

On 6/27/2022 at 3:04 PM, Tabonga said:

I am beginning to think fast food employees deserve combat pay - there are lots of stories like this which tragically sometimes result in people getting killed.  WTF is wrong with people?

Looks like they are taking this seriously!

https://www.news-press.com/story/news/crime/2022/06/27/lehigh-acres-woman-faces-multiple-charges-wendys-fast-food-rampage/7740164001/

On 6/27/2022 at 5:04 PM, Tabonga said:

Sadly, you are correct 😞

Man fatally shot Atlanta Subway restaurant worker after sub had 'too much mayo,' police say

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/06/27/atlanta-subway-worker-shot-dead-sandwich-too-much-mayo/7746951001/

A Subway employee was fatally shot and another worker was critically injured after an argument with a customer "about too much mayo" on his sandwich, police said. 

The man, a 36-year-old Atlanta resident, was arrested in connection to the double shooting, Hampton said. As of Monday, police had not released his name.

How much do you want to bet this guy has a lengthy criminal history and should never have been out of jail...