IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

I seriously doubt the jagoff perp in this case had anything so terribly pressing going on that a few minutes would impact it.  

Hopefully he goes to the crossbar hotel for a very long time -  in which case he won't be seeing any happy meals for awhile.*

(And he gets bonus points for extra stupidity - those places all have cameras on the drive thru areas.)

https://news.yahoo.com/drive-thru-florida-mcdonald-order-205235125.html

*Our guest contestant was found guilty in 2016 of running down a teen who had "disrespected" his sister - he gave the teen a brain injury and a broken back.  He got the not so severe punishment of 4 years in the hoosegow and 3 years probation.  Hopefully this time things will be taken more seriously.

Edited by Tabonga

Screenshot-from-2023-04-05-13-11-40.png

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/04/03/goat-slaughter-lawsuit/

Jessica Long's 9-year-old daughter brought the family's goat, Cedar, to the Shasta District Fair and Event Center in Anderson, Calif., 150 miles north of Sacramento, last year to sell him for slaughter. As the livestock auction was starting, she told her mom she couldn't bear to lose him. They took Cedar home.

Less than two weeks later, a detective with the Shasta County Sheriff's Office got a search warrant, drove hundreds of miles to seize the pet goat and returned him to Shasta County fair officials to be slaughtered.

Now, Long is suing the sheriff's office, the Shasta District Fair and Event Center and several employees with the organizations..."This is a textbook case of government gone rogue," said Vanessa Shakib, a lawyer with the nonprofit Advancing Law for Animals who is representing Long and her daughter...Ashbee, joined by Fernandez and fellow detective Jacob Duncan, drove at least 500 miles round-trip over the course of about 10 hours "to seize a young girl's beloved goat for slaughter," the suit states.

Their first stop: Bleating Hearts. But Cedar wasn't there, and never had been, according to Long's lawyers. Even though they didn't have a warrant to search a second location, Ashbee and company nevertheless traveled to an unspecified farm in neighboring Sonoma County where they found and seized the goat, the suit states. The sheriff's deputies then drove him back to Shasta County and allegedly delivered him to the county fairgrounds, even though the magistrate who granted the search warrant had ordered them to retain the goat as evidence "until the end of the criminal case against Plaintiff Long," according to the suit.

This is something that I feel should happen in some sort of comedy movie, where at the end everyone realizes how asinine the situation is, and returns the goat to the little girl, and the mother who promised to pay restitution does so and everyone is happy! But nope, welcome to 2023 where the government believes it has a right to take a pet from a little girl over a mere $900 (the winning bid on the goat) despite the fact that the owner said she would pay for any damages! Yup, good ol' 1984.

Edited by avatar!

City of Wichita settles fatal SWAT shooting for $5 million

https://apnews.com/article/swat-wichita-police-killing-settlement-8d48bc5c4db63afb97457d4080c02612

The settlement will go to the two children of 28-year-old Andrew Finch, who was shot by officer Justin Rapp as he stepped out of his house on Dec. 28, 2017, to see why it was surrounded by police.

Finch, who was unarmed, was shot by Rapp within 10 seconds of opening his door. Rapp has said that he thought Finch had a gun.

Finch’s death drew national attention to “swatting,” a form of retaliation in which someone reports a false emergency to get authorities, particularly a SWAT team, to respond to an address.

Rapp was not charged and was later promoted from officer to detective. The city was dropped from the lawsuit but was responsible for Rapp’s legal costs.

The city will pay $2 million from its self-insurance fund and $1.5 million from the city council’s reserve fund, with AIG insurance paying the remainder of the settlement.

It's pretty pathetic that someone without any self-control not gets away with killing an innocent man, he gets promoted! I promise you, if you had done the same you would absolutely be in jail this very moment.

On 4/16/2023 at 11:54 AM, Tabonga said:

To be perfectly fair, it's still far cheaper than fueling a car with an ICE 🙂
And I say that as someone that drives a car with an ICE. One day I hope to get a nice electric car which I can just plug and charge at home. One day...

Screenshot-from-2023-04-17-13-53-25.png

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/04/17/propagandist-donbas-devushka-sarah-bils-unmasked/

To her devoted followers, “Donbas Devushka” – or Donbas Girl – is a Russian Jew from the occupied Ukrainian city of Luhansk, who has faithfully broadcast Kremlin propaganda for months.

But in reality, she is Sarah Bils, a 37-year-old divorcee from New Jersey and a US Navy veteran who served as an aviation electronics technician at Whitby Island in Washington State.

She built up a sizeable social media following on Twitter, Telegram and YouTube, emerging as the face of Russian propaganda, raising money and selling merchandise for the Russian cause.

Ms Bils has been unmasked by the North Atlantic Fella Organisation –  NAFO –  which devotes itself to raising funds for Ukraine and combating disinformation.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the Donbas Devushka Telegram account played a key role in the dissemination of intelligence documents allegedly leaked by Airman First Class Jack Teixeira, by reposting them onto an array of obscure online chat rooms. However, Ms Bils denied being personally involved.

“I obviously know the gravity of top-secret classified materials. We didn’t leak them," she said.

Bet she's shitting bricks right now and is looking for somewhere to flee. Clearly, she's a war profiteer of the worst kind. A traitor.

• 2 weeks later...

Utah author of book on grieving death charged with murder

https://news.yahoo.com/utah-author-book-grieving-death-003214404.html

After her husband died last year, she wrote a children’s book on grief. Now she’s charged with his murder.

Prosecutors allege that Richins called authorities in the middle of the night in March 2022 to report that her husband, Eric Richins, was “cold to the touch.” The mother of three told officers that she had made her husband a mixed vodka drink to celebrate him selling a home and then went to soothe one of their children to sleep in their bedroom. She later returned and upon finding her husband unresponsive, called 911.

A medical examiner later found five times the lethal dosage of fentanyl in his system. In addition to the murder charge, Richins also faces charges involving the alleged possession of GHB — a narcolepsy drug frequently used in recreational settings, including at dance clubs.

irony GIF

• 2 weeks later...

LADOT did something special - they created such a complete waste of time and money that basically everyone on the political spectrum agrees this is an abject failure - nice job LADOT 👍

Los Angeles ridiculed for 'life-changing' female shade poles

The $10,000 shade poles could be the most pointless council architecture in the world

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/05/23/los-angeles-ridiculed-female-shade-poles-sombrita/

The so-called Sombrita, which cost $10,000, is essentially a pole with a lip that provides some shade, or a solar-powered light at night-time. It has been mooted as potentially the most pointless piece of civic architecture in the world, rivalling anything produced by Britain’s councils.

“The lack of essential amenities like shade and lighting isn't just a simple inconvenience. For women and gender minorities — half of our population — it can change the trajectory of their lives,” said Chelina Odbert, founding principal of the Kounkuey Design Initiative, which developed the structures with input from female transit riders.

The Sombrita is around 18 inches wide and barely provides enough shade for two people even when the sun is at the right angle. According to images posted online, the light at night also leaves the pavement below almost pitch-black, illuminating only the upper portion of the pole.

“The wildest part about La Sombrita is that they held a full-on press conference,” said Alec Stapp, co-founder of the Institute for Progress think tank. “If my bus stop shade/light thing cost $10,000 and provided neither shade during the day nor light at night, I would simply not talk about it.”

11 hours ago, avatar! said:

LADOT did something special - they created such a complete waste of time and money that basically everyone on the political spectrum agrees this is an abject failure - nice job LADOT 👍

Los Angeles ridiculed for 'life-changing' female shade poles

The $10,000 shade poles could be the most pointless council architecture in the world

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/05/23/los-angeles-ridiculed-female-shade-poles-sombrita/

The so-called Sombrita, which cost $10,000, is essentially a pole with a lip that provides some shade, or a solar-powered light at night-time. It has been mooted as potentially the most pointless piece of civic architecture in the world, rivalling anything produced by Britain’s councils.

“The lack of essential amenities like shade and lighting isn't just a simple inconvenience. For women and gender minorities — half of our population — it can change the trajectory of their lives,” said Chelina Odbert, founding principal of the Kounkuey Design Initiative, which developed the structures with input from female transit riders.

The Sombrita is around 18 inches wide and barely provides enough shade for two people even when the sun is at the right angle. According to images posted online, the light at night also leaves the pavement below almost pitch-black, illuminating only the upper portion of the pole.

“The wildest part about La Sombrita is that they held a full-on press conference,” said Alec Stapp, co-founder of the Institute for Progress think tank. “If my bus stop shade/light thing cost $10,000 and provided neither shade during the day nor light at night, I would simply not talk about it.”

It does have tha advantage that the homeless likely won't be taking them over.....

Edited by Tabonga

California goats grazing to prevent wildfires could lose their jobs due to state labor law

https://thehill.com/homenews/4025803-goats-grazing-to-prevent-wildfires-could-lose-their-jobs-due-to-california-labor-law/

Targeted grazing is part of California’s strategy to reduce wildfire risk because goats can eat a wide variety of vegetation and graze in steep, rocky terrain that’s hard to access. Backers say they’re an eco-friendly alternative to chemical herbicides or weed-whacking machines that are make noise and pollution.

But new state labor regulations are making it more expensive to provide goat-grazing services, and herding companies say the rules threaten to put them out of business. The changes could raise the monthly salary of herders from about $3,730 to $14,000, according to the California Farm Bureau.

"We fully support increasing wages for herders, but $14,000 a month is not realistic. So we need to address that in order to allow these goat-grazing operations to exist," said Brian Shobe, deputy policy director for the California Climate and Agriculture Network.

"I can’t pay $14,000 a month to an employee starting Jan. 1. There’s just not enough money. The cities can’t absorb that kind of cost," Arrowsmith said. "What’s at stake for the public is your house could burn up because we can’t fire-mitigate."

No kidding 🙃

9 minutes ago, avatar! said:

California goats grazing to prevent wildfires could lose their jobs due to state labor law

https://thehill.com/homenews/4025803-goats-grazing-to-prevent-wildfires-could-lose-their-jobs-due-to-california-labor-law/

Targeted grazing is part of California’s strategy to reduce wildfire risk because goats can eat a wide variety of vegetation and graze in steep, rocky terrain that’s hard to access. Backers say they’re an eco-friendly alternative to chemical herbicides or weed-whacking machines that are make noise and pollution.

But new state labor regulations are making it more expensive to provide goat-grazing services, and herding companies say the rules threaten to put them out of business. The changes could raise the monthly salary of herders from about $3,730 to $14,000, according to the California Farm Bureau.

"We fully support increasing wages for herders, but $14,000 a month is not realistic. So we need to address that in order to allow these goat-grazing operations to exist," said Brian Shobe, deputy policy director for the California Climate and Agriculture Network.

"I can’t pay $14,000 a month to an employee starting Jan. 1. There’s just not enough money. The cities can’t absorb that kind of cost," Arrowsmith said. "What’s at stake for the public is your house could burn up because we can’t fire-mitigate."

No kidding 🙃

First thing I thought of when I saw this was Lorena Gonzalez. Sure enough, she's involved. Dumbass imposed AB 5 aimed at rideshare companies. They wiggled out of it, but it hit everyone else.

• Like 1

Sigh Clownifornia at it again.  I mean somewhere deep down I miss the state, but largely I just don't, and I don't even want to even visit there unless necessary at this rate.  The test bed of stupid ideas just keeps compounding where it just isn't smart to live there, barely smart enough to visit at this rate you never know what will happen given what's allowed now.

22 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Wow, that really sounds like a mental health issue - I know that is used too often as an excuse by criminals, but in this case it really sounds like she needs help.

23 hours ago, avatar! said:

Wow, that really sounds like a mental health issue - I know that is used too often as an excuse by criminals, but in this case it really sounds like she needs help.

She sure pissed a lot of people off! 😄