IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

For what it is worth during the Siege of Paris (1870-71) during the Franco-Prussian War the French trapped in Paris would launch manned  balloons to communicate with the rest of France and the balloons would also carry out homing pigeons so communications could be returned.  The Prussians in turn deployed hawks to try to catch the returning pigeons - the French thought this was very barbaric.    

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

For what it is worth during the Siege of Paris (1870-71) during the Franco-Prussian War the French trapped in Paris would launch manned  balloons to communicate with the rest of France and the balloons would also carry out homing pigeons so communications could be returned.  The Prussians in turn deployed hawks to try to catch the returning pigeons - the French thought this was very barbaric.    

It's true pigeons and other animals have long been used by militaries. However, I always find it hilarious when it sounds like they blame the pigeon...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-52843846

Screenshot from 2020-05-29 13-58-49.png

They had been hired to carry out a client's fantasy of being tied up in his underwear and stroked with a broom.

The judge concluded that "the facts of the case are unusual".

I think the judge made a good call...

Edited by avatar!
  • Haha 2

On 5/28/2020 at 3:46 AM, Tulpa said:

these countries bicker over a worthless glacier, to the point that they both have stationed armed soldiers around it.

Are you referring to Siachen, by any chance?  If so, that glacier is actually the single largest source of fresh water on the Indian subcontinent.  So not exactly worthless....lol

2 hours ago, Tenjikuronin said:

Are you referring to Siachen, by any chance?  If so, that glacier is actually the single largest source of fresh water on the Indian subcontinent.  So not exactly worthless....lol

Fair enough, but we know the real reason is an international dick swinging contest.

One thing I remember learning as a kid, was that there's a sucker born every minute. The old adage is true...

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/05/5g-conspiracy-theorists-sell-350-usb-stick-to-fight-electric-fog/

Believers of 5G conspiracy theories have apparently been buying a $350 anti-5G USB key that—not surprisingly—appears to just be a regular USB stick with only 128MB of storage..."The 5GBioShield makes it possible, thanks to a uniquely applied process of quantum nano-layer technology, to balance the imbalanced electric oscillations arising from all electric fog induced by all devices such as: laptops, cordless phones, wlan, tablets, etc.," the company says, adding that the USB stick "brings balance into the field at the atomic and cellular level restoring balanced effects to all harmful (ionized and non-ionized) radiation."

Wow... that company sure threw a bunch of nonsense together that if you don't think about it or know science, sure sounds like science... but it's utter bullshit. 

One person who does take 5GBioShield claims seriously is Toby Hall, one of the members of the Glastonbury Town Council's 5G Advisory Committee. Hall told the BBC that he "felt a 'calmer' feel to the home" when using 5GBioShield. Hall said "he had no regrets about buying it and since plugging it in had felt beneficial effects, including being able to sleep through the night and having more dreams," the BBC wrote.

Okeydokey fruitcake...

Screenshot from 2020-05-29 20-03-45.png

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/eve-hewitson-cross-best-friend-stabbing-preston-170630451.html

Screenshot from 2020-06-13 15-12-33.png

Eve Hewitson-Cross, 19, suffered a punctured lung and the blade narrowly missed her spine when she was attacked in Levensgarth Park, Fulwood, Preston. She was only 17 when she was knifed twice on 1 March last year. Eve’s attacker, who cannot be named for legal reasons, walked free from court this week when the judge gave her a lenient sentence due to her age and the current COVID-19 pandemic...The defedant will also be subject to police surveillance, 25 hours supervision per week and must complete a knife crime programme.

It's good to hear the would-be murderer has to complete a "knife crime programme" - so next time she will know how to get the job done 😕 Good work, you worthless judge!! I seriously do wonder, if the crime had been committed by a young man, would he have gotten off so easily? If the defendant was just a few years older (18), how does that make any real difference? [rhetorical question]  LAW = BROKEN

ps You have to "love" these search engines - I read an article on someone getting knifed, and to the right there's an advertisement for a kitchen knife... SIGH 

Edited by avatar!

2 hours ago, avatar! said:

You have to "love" these search engines - I read an article on someone getting knifed, and to the right there's an advertisement for a kitchen knife... SIGH 

You have to get your knives from somewhere.

I wonder if they are still besties??  And will she (the victim) continue to steal boyfriends??

Some people are just evil.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/disturbing-video-shows-random-attack-hydrant-head-smash-of-92-year-old-woman-in-manhattan/2466659/

Screenshot from 2020-06-16 21-27-02.png

A senior law enforcement official tells News 4 Brimmage is a recidivist with 100 prior arrests who has gotten a desk appearance ticket for his most recent ones because of bail reform...He’s been arrested three times since February for alleged assaults. On March 9, he allegedly punched a 29-year-old man in an unprovoked attack at a pizza shop in Manhattan. A few weeks before that, Brimmage allegedly punched a 39-year-old female at a Dunkin’ Donuts in the Bronx. On Feb. 4 he allegedly punched a 39-year-old man in the face at that same Dunkin' Donuts. In the latter two cases, he received desk appearance tickets. Brimmage is currently a suspect in a grand larceny that happened on Feb.19 at the 116th St. train station in which a woman had $120 stolen from her purse, the senior law enforcement official said. He's also a transit sex crime recidivist.

This is just utter bull-SHIT. 100 prior arrests, violent person, needs mental assistance and a danger to society - and just roaming the streets. Oh, and what the hell is a desk appearance ticket?? Apparently a NYC thing 😕

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desk_appearance_ticket

Well, sure appears to be working well in this case, eh. I wonder how many other recidivists have numerous desk tickets and couldn't care less...

Edited by avatar!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-police-officer-crying-in-that-viral-egg-mcmuffin-video-wants-you-to-know-shes-sick-of-people-being-mean-2020-06-19

“And I’m waiting. And I’m waiting. And I’m waiting,” she says. She was told to pull over to the side, and an employee eventually came over and gave her a coffee. But Talbert’s order was supposed to include an Egg McMuffin and a hash brown, as well. “That’s all she hands me is the coffee,” she says, breaking down into tears. “I said, ‘Don’t bother with the food because right now I’m too nervous to take it!’ It doesn’t matter how many hours I’ve been up. It doesn’t matter what I’ve done for anyone. Right now, I’m too nervous to take a meal from McDonald’s because I can’t see it being made!” She didn’t clarify her suggestion that the McDonald’s staff was tampering with her food, telling BuzzFeed on Thursday that, “I am telling you I have no idea of that, and I didn’t take it to find out.” ...“I’m not bitching. I think that s---’s funny,” she said. “‘Cop Karen’ — whoever did that, that’s funny. ‘Molly McMuffin,’ someone called me. That’s funny! I’d make money if I was that funny.”

I do have to agree mean people suck 🙂

But on the other hand, I have to wonder if crying over an Egg McMuffin is because there is something far more "serious" happening in her life? 

Screenshot from 2020-06-19 17-15-01.png

The "catchy" (pun intended) phrase on a woman's shirt got her popped for arson - so not as amusing (for her at any rate) as she thought it was:

164da42f1e969068c871474f229d4aec.thumb.jpg.2dce7b23b99bb5238c5c3e7a040327bd.jpg

Lore-Elisabeth Blumenthal was charged with the arson of two Philadelphia police vehicles after agents tracked her down using only a tattoo on her forearm and a t-shirt she bought on Etsy.

She had left feedback at Etsy under a user name and the FBI used that to track down a social media account with her name on it.  While the perpetrator in the video of the festivities when this occurred was wearing a mask and goggles her arm is heavily tattooed.  Which just happens to match those on Ms. Blumenthal's arm.

She is in jail on a Federal beef and faces up to eighty years* in the hoosegow - where she might be able to get some more tattoos

Lesson to be learned here - if you decide to participate in a riot you should wear a long sleeve generic t shirt looted at Target.  No online or paper trail that way.

*Unfortunately I don't think deportation is an option although it might really be "fitting" (again pun intended) in this case.

Edited by Tabonga

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/06/20/corona-caught-on-camera-hit-and-run/

A Corona man was arrested on Saturday for felony hit-and-run after a wild crash caught on camera showed a driver speeding with a motorcycle wrapped around the vehicle’s bumper...The motorcyclist, Chain Arunritthirot, said he landed some 200 feet away from the collision in the middle of the freeway, confused about what had happened. The driver continued on the freeway with Arunritthirot’s motorcycle still attached to the vehicle before eventually crashing into a fence and fleeing on foot into a drainage wash, where witnesses tried to stop him before losing sight of the suspect, according to CHP.

Screenshot from 2020-06-21 13-07-34.png

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/06/20/corona-caught-on-camera-hit-and-run/

A Corona man was arrested on Saturday for felony hit-and-run after a wild crash caught on camera showed a driver speeding with a motorcycle wrapped around the vehicle’s bumper...The motorcyclist, Chain Arunritthirot, said he landed some 200 feet away from the collision in the middle of the freeway, confused about what had happened. The driver continued on the freeway with Arunritthirot’s motorcycle still attached to the vehicle before eventually crashing into a fence and fleeing on foot into a drainage wash, where witnesses tried to stop him before losing sight of the suspect, according to CHP.

Screenshot from 2020-06-21 13-07-34.png

That reminds me of this very tragic case where a woman struck a pedestrian hard enough that he got embedded in her windshield.  She parked in her garage and left him there for a day or so until he died.  Really  a sick case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Gregory_Glenn_Biggs

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2020/jun/22/experts-call-for-regulation-after-latest-botched-art-restoration-in-spain

Experts call for regulation after latest botched art restoration in Spain

Copy of Immaculate Conception painting by Murillo reportedly cleaned by furniture restorer

Before = Left, After = Right 😮 

Get your games and priceless paintings repaired by someone that KNOWS what they're doing!

EbJCaGcXsAAchsl.jpeg

Bartolomé_Esteban_Perez_Murillo_021-e1592946143684.jpg

Edited by avatar!

10 hours ago, Tulpa said:

"Folks … please don’t flush your drugs m’kay ... our sewer guys take great pride in releasing water that is cleaner than what is in the creek, but they are not really prepared for meth," the post read. "Ducks, Geese, and other fowl frequent our treatment ponds and we shudder to think what one all hyped up on meth would do."

CorruptDrearyAffenpinscher-max-1mb.gif

On 6/21/2020 at 1:14 PM, Tabonga said:

That reminds me of this very tragic case where a woman struck a pedestrian hard enough that he got embedded in her windshield.  She parked in her garage and left him there for a day or so until he died.  Really  a sick case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Gregory_Glenn_Biggs

I've never heard that story before.  I wonder if it inspired a portion of Fargo season 2 at all.  

Edit:  Yep, it sure did.  

Edited by TDIRunner

6 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I've never heard that story before.  I wonder if it inspired a portion of Fargo season 2 at all.  

Edit:  Yep, it sure did.  

The woodchipper scene in the original Fargo movie was loosely based on a real case.  

(There is a fourth season for the series in the works that has been delayed due to the corona virus.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

The woodchipper scene in the original Fargo movie was loosely based on a real case.  

I remember reading about that one.  I've known for a long time that the "This is a true story" part is BS, but many parts are loosely based off real stuff.

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

(There is a fourth season for the series in the works that has been delayed due to the corona virus.)

Very much looking forward to that.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TDIRunner said:

I remember reading about that one.  I've known for a long time that the "This is a true story" part is BS, but many parts are loosely based off real stuff.

Very much looking forward to that.  

For what it is worth I grew up in Eden Prairie in Minnesota.

One odd thing about Fargo is that just about everyone I know who has moved from Minnesota finds the movie to be hysterical whilst those who still live there don't see the humor - don't cha know!

• Like 1