IGNORED

The 2021 Backlog Challenge

Reed Rothchild

4 hours ago, Sumez said:

Guys. If you hold down shift when pressing enter you can make single-line line breaks instead of the double height ones. 😉 
There's also the "list" formatting button in the top of the editor which is useful for when listing stuff and you don't want to bother with those line breaks, or numbering stuff manually.

I do all of my posting from my phone. If I get a chance to reach over the 10 feet to my laptop, I’ll fix my post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@0xDEAFC0DE man you have quite the long list! I thought mine was long lol. I saw you have tingles rosy rupeeland on your list. That’s a solid DS game and far bigger than I thought it would be going into it. A fair warning, there is one part where you need to dig for stuff iirc and it’s virtually impossible to do it without an online guide. Other than that part, it was a fun game with a very neat payment mechanic that the game is centered around. 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 7:33 PM, Mr. CIB said:

1/1 Update

Going to test my setup to make sure everything is operational before I get rolling. May take a group photo of all the games and display them (keep them insight so I can follow through). Haven’t decided on what game yet. 

This is an awesome idea. I'll also try to get a pic 

• Like 1

NINTENDO SWITCH:
1. Dragon Quest XI S
2. Dragon Quest III
3. Dragon Quest I
4. Dragon Quest II

^ I am planning to play those in chronological order and not the order they debuted. I have originally beaten Dragon Quest I in 2020, but plan to do it again for the sake of this goal.

5. Final Fantasy VII
6. Grandia I
7. Grandia II
8. Sega Ages: Phantasy Star

^ I got these between the end of 2019 and the start of 2020. I am also hoping to add both Persona 5 Scramble and Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster to my library, but do not want to add those to this list.

PC (STEAM):
9. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Horizon (retired)
10. Dragon Quest Heroes (BEATEN: 6/18/21)
11. Chrono Trigger (retired)
12. Dragon Quest XI S

^ I am also thinking of adding Persona 4 Golden to my Steam library. But that is not a high priority right now. So I will figure out if that game, or another, will be my final game for the year.

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted
  • Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei (Suggestion from Reed and spacepup)

@ChickenTendas For the record I recommended the newer, refined titles 😅

But I'll be curious to see what you think of it

• The Tick (Reed seems to love recommending this one 

💀

• Heroes of Might and Magic

Hopefully you mean Heroes III.  Either way, I applaud your willingness to seek out gaming's roots.

18 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

^ I am also thinking of adding Persona 4 Golden to my Steam library. But that is not a high priority right now.

I vote to add it!

If you have never played persona 4 you have to play it and if you have played persona 4 then golden adds enough to make it interesting for a replay.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ChickenTendas said:

I just found out it has 44 levels. 44 levels in a beat-em-up. What the fuck. 😩

I made the mistake of committing myself to beating that game once. Never again. What an absolutely joyless slog. Be prepared to spend about 3.5 hours wishing you were doing just about anything else.

The first stage is called "Night of a Million Zillion Ninjas". They weren't kidding.

Edited by Webhead123

6 hours ago, Shmup said:

I vote to add it!

If you have never played persona 4 you have to play it and if you have played persona 4 then golden adds enough to make it interesting for a replay.

I ended up buying the "Digital Deluxe" version after I found out it was 30% off. All I can say is that the difference turned out to be $1.50 USD between this version and the regular version. 🙂

Now I have to figure out who here should be blamed if Kanji Tatsumi's beach scene traumatizes me. 😜

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, Shmup said:

First game down on my list. Just finished Final Fantasy Adventure.

Absolutely amazing game, loved everything about it, especially the soundtrack. It has inspired me to start exploring the gameboy library more. 9/10 for me.

Fuck yeah bro.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 hours ago, Murray said:

You double dippin’ bud?

yes.  commandos is time consuming but fun.  if u haven't played it look it up.  its a strategic game that takes forever.  or can if u haven't played it since 1998 lol.  20 missions and 3 down.  figure i would try a mission a day.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:
  • Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei (Suggestion from Reed and spacepup)

@ChickenTendas For the record I recommended the newer, refined titles 😅

But I'll be curious to see what you think of it

me too.

I beat the SNES remake of the NES games, Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei, about a year ago. It was alright but not much to write home about. Better than, say, Phantasy Star 1 as a Japanese autobattle-heavy first-person dungeon crawler (there’s an automap!) with both fantasy and sci-fi elements but Shin Megami Tensei on SNES took the second game’s basic concept and just did it way better.

Gave the first game on Famicom a brief try afterward but bounced pretty quickly. Good luck.

Edited by MagusSmurf

11 hours ago, Shmup said:

First game down on my list. Just finished Final Fantasy Adventure.

Absolutely amazing game, loved everything about it, especially the soundtrack. It has inspired me to start exploring the gameboy library more. 9/10 for me.

I really enjoyed that game, although one particular puzzle where you had to walk around a rock or a tree or something took me like ten hours to figure out.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2

Editorials Team · Posted
16 hours ago, Sumez said:

30 minutes is perfect for a beat'em up, 60 is seriously pushing it. 3.5 hours is ridiculous. 😆

17 hours ago, Webhead123 said:

I made the mistake of committing myself to beating that game once. Never again. What an absolutely joyless slog. Be prepared to spend about 3.5 hours wishing you were doing just about anything else.

The first stage is called "Night of a Million Zillion Ninjas". They weren't kidding.

16 hours ago, Sumez said:

30 minutes is perfect for a beat'em up, 60 is seriously pushing it. 3.5 hours is ridiculous. 😆

Sometimes my trolls pay off

http://snesrankings.com/games/700_676.html#693

@Jeevan Wait until you get to Commandos 1.5.  The difficulty really ratchets up.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I really enjoyed that game, although one particular puzzle where you had to walk around a rock or a tree or something took me like ten hours to figure out.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Haha yeah I have a rule these days for puzzles like that. If I can’t figure it out within 30mins then I look it up online. It’s cheating, but time is too precious to waste on vague puzzles.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Shmup said:

Haha yeah I have a rule these days for puzzles like that. If I can’t figure it out within 30mins then I look it up online. It’s cheating, but time is too precious to waste on vague puzzles.

I am the same way now and 99% of the time I realize the puzzle was poorly implemented anyways, so I don't even feel bad.

• Like 2