IGNORED

The Metalhead Thread

Hammerfestus

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Reed's Album of the Week #5:

Mercyful Fate - Melissa

Is this the greatest metal album of all time?  Is Evil the greatest metal song of all time?  Is that the greatest cover art of all time?  Maybe.

Such a classic.  Fantastic from start to finish.  I think I actually prefer Don’t Break the Oath though.  Legendary and foundational.

Editorials Team · Posted

Reed's Album of the Week #6:

Mastodon - Crack the Skye

Stop what you're doing and listen to the album.  The entire thing.  I don't care if you've heard it a thousand times.  I don't care if you think you don't like Mastodon.  Just do it.  You're welcome.

• Like 3

Editorials Team · Posted

Reed's Album of the Week #7

Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape

It's probably been at least a week since I professed my love on VGS for this album.  And I mean literal love.  I'd marry this album if it was socially acceptable.  Seriously.  You know those people who get hitched to rollercoasters, or Japanese body pillows, or whatever other insane shit?  That's me and this album.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It's probably been at least a week since I professed my love on VGS for this album.  And I mean literal love.  I'd marry this album if it was socially acceptable.  Seriously.  You know those people who get hitched to rollercoasters, or Japanese body pillows, or whatever other insane shit?  That's me and this album.

Never heard this before. Pretty remarkable! 

• Like 1

Haven’t listened to this album yet but I have been making my way through their albums since you introduced this awesome band to me at the start of this thread.

• Love 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Reed's Album of the Week #8

Kalmah - Swampsong

This @empire-approved selection features so many moments where it's impossible not to headbang: the opener, Doubtful About It All, Bird of I'll Omen...

And Moon of My Nights is my absolute #1 favorite metal song of all time.  Without a doubt.  Such an addictive groove.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, Shmup said:

We really need a metal sign in the range of reaction options so instead of like or agree we can do \m/ haha. Who do we need to bribe to get this to happen? @Gloves?

I've already got people complaining there's too many reactions, I dunno if I can make this one happen! 😧

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1