IGNORED

The Metalhead Thread

Hammerfestus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Shmup said:

Just recently got into this awesome Japanese power metal band called Galneryus:

Man that was pretty good.  Will check out more.  Don’t think less of me if I say it total makes me think Dragon Ball intro music.  

My man Vintersorg is a primary school teacher

1 hour ago, Hammerfestus said:

Man that was pretty good.  Will check out more.  Don’t think less of me if I say it total makes me think Dragon Ball intro music.  

My man Vintersorg is a primary school teacher

Haha yeah it does a little now you mention it.

Hadn’t heard Vintersong before, they sound good. I like this thread, I’m discovering heaps of great bands.

On 4/30/2021 at 8:19 PM, Shmup said:

Haha yeah it does a little now you mention it.

Hadn’t heard Vintersong before, they sound good. I like this thread, I’m discovering heaps of great bands.

You just keep that sweet sweet power metal flowing.
I‘ve still got a few tricks up my sleeves

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
On 4/30/2021 at 8:19 PM, Shmup said:

I like this thread, I’m discovering heaps of great bands.

For sure. 

Alpha Wolf's latest album has been in my regular rotation ever since @Skorp mentioned them ages ago. And recently I've been listening to a lot of iwrestledabearonce. They're one of my favorite metalcore bands, although they aren't around anymore as far as I'm aware.

Also - I've been dipping my toes into some trap-metal with scarlxrd's album "Dxxm II". I generally don't like rap, but the hybrid screamo/trap sound here is pretty sick.

-CasualCart

23 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

I discovered Huntress on my Pandora recently. I'm really digging them by this song so far.

Pretty decent.  Reminds me of Sinergy.

Throw in some more sweepy guitar licks and you’re there.  

I see the singer died though.  That sucks.

Edited by Hammerfestus

@Hammerfestus

Funny you mention that, I waa actually listening to the Sinergy station when pandora found them for me. Loved those guys, I was pretty bummed when Alexi Laiho died.

The album To Hell and Back also had Marco Heitiella(sp) who would go on to kick ass in Nightwish. Sneaky good lineup right there.

9 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

@Hammerfestus

Funny you mention that, I waa actually listening to the Sinergy station when pandora found them for me. Loved those guys, I was pretty bummed when Alexi Laiho died.

The album To Hell and Back also had Marco Heitiella(sp) who would go on to kick ass in Nightwish. Sneaky good lineup right there.

I always really liked Sinergy.  Girl power. Laiho really got around.  You know he did an album with Impaled Nazarene?

Speaking of Marco, I saw he was leaving Nightwish.  I wonder if Tuomas will start doing vocals again 😉  
I mean The Carpenter was awesome

55 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

I always really liked Sinergy.  Girl power. Laiho really got around.  You know he did an album with Impaled Nazarene?

Speaking of Marco, I saw he was leaving Nightwish.  I wonder if Tuomas will start doing vocals again 😉  
I mean The Carpenter was awesome

Im sure Tuomas will sound just fine doing Phantom of the Opera and Dead to the World.🤮

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Shmup said:

Another band to add to my list

Hell yeah.  Just discovered them and very impressed. Darker Iced Earth kind of feel back when Iced Earth was good and not Nazis.

I’ve been doing a lot of discovering new bands lately which is something I haven’t done in years.  You guys will get harassed by my discoveries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 8:31 AM, Hammerfestus said:

Hell yeah.  Just discovered them and very impressed. Darker Iced Earth kind of feel back when Iced Earth was good and not Nazis.

I’ve been doing a lot of discovering new bands lately which is something I haven’t done in years.  You guys will get harassed by my discoveries.

I forgot dude was an insurrectionist lol

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...