IGNORED

The Metalhead Thread

Hammerfestus

16 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

Been digging Motorhead a ton lately. They absolutely deserve their spot as a titan of NWOBHM next to the likes of Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.

My relationship with Motorhead never made it past every song sounding like the Ace of Spades. Always loved Lemmy‘s Ricks though.  Used to have a 4003 at my local Guitar Center.  They definitely believed that 16 year old me wanted to test it because I was in the market.

• 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

Hey, what's another way I can drive my views on a weekly basis?  In someone else's thread no less?

Reed's Album of the Week #1:

Cynic - Focus

The Florida Death offshoot's landmark debut album, this fusion of technical metal, jazz, and...uh, vocoders, is one of the 90s' best metal albums.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Hey, what's another way I can drive my views on a weekly basis?  In someone else's thread no less?

Cynic - Focus

The Florida Death offshoot's landmark debut album, this fusion of technical metal, jazz, and...uh, vocoders, is one of the 90s' best metal albums.

It is indeed. It's probably still in my personal top 10 somewhere.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:11 AM, Reed Rothchild said:

Cynic - Focus

I’ve know for years what a fantastic album this is supposed to be but I’ve never actually gotten around to checking it out.

Edited by Hammerfestus

Editorials Team · Posted

Reed's Album of the Week #2

Protest the Hero - Fortress

Canadia's prodigal sons gave us two of the 2000s' best metal albums.  Best described as metalcore mathcore progressive metal ????? metal, their 2nd album Fortress to this day remains their high point.  Come for the Bloodmeat.  Stay for the Bone Marrow.  And be blown away by Spoils.

Editorials Team · Posted

Reed's Album of the Week #4

Soilwork - The Living Infinite

How many artists release their best work 9 albums and almost 20 years after their formation?  Is it zero.  It's zero, isn't it?

Enter Soilwork, with the best MDM album of the 2010s... or is this even an MDM album?  What genre even is this?  Who can say.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Reed's Album of the Week #4

Soilwork - The Living Infinite

How many artists release their best work 9 albums and almost 20 years after their formation?  Is it zero.  It's zero, isn't it?

Enter Soilwork, with the best MDM album of the 2010s... or is this even an MDM album?  What genre even is this?  Who can say.

The thing I love about soilwork is they just put out great albums. I can go ages without listening to them and then jump back in and they’re still as great as I remember them. Same goes with Dark Tranquility, although some don’t agree so much with that one.

Editorials Team · Posted
14 hours ago, Shmup said:

The thing I love about soilwork is they just put out great albums. I can go ages without listening to them and then jump back in and they’re still as great as I remember them. Same goes with Dark Tranquility, although some don’t agree so much with that one.

I prefer DT, but that's a story for another week.  Favorite Soilwork album?  I love Chainheart and will always have a soft spot for Divide.  People adore Chaos, but I was always a bit meh on that one

Editorials Team · Posted

...also, I was supposed to see Soilwork with Nevermore and Symphony X.

Then someone on Soilwork got hurt and they pulled out.  And then Nevermore broke up.  Right before the show...

It was almost as bad as that time I was gonna see As I Lay Dying, right before Tim hired a hitman 🤦🏾‍♂️

48 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I prefer DT, but that's a story for another week.  Favorite Soilwork album?  I love Chainheart and will always have a soft spot for Divide.  People adore Chaos, but I was always a bit meh on that one

I am unfortunately going to be predictable and say Natural Born Chaos is my favourite, maybe because it was the first album I heard of there's so maybe some nostalgia thrown in. I prefer DT too, probably my favourite MDM band.