IGNORED

The Metalhead Thread

Hammerfestus

2 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

I guess I saw it coming after The Glorious Burden. When it came out, I tried to decide if it was a post 9/11 tribute album, or a crazy patriot album. Either way, it was so mediocre I never gave it a second thought and just wanted my $13 back.

I was a big fan through Horrorshow.  Stopped listening after Glorious Burden.  Gave the album when Barlow came back a listen and it was dull.   Never went back.  I had no idea he had amped up the right winger thing so much since.

Oh snap -- I just found out that Marko has now also left Nightwish .. so their original drummer Jukka, their original singer, and now their 2nd bassist are all gone... just leaves Emmpu and Toumas as the original members still there

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=40726

Glad I got to see them perform a couple times when they had the original lineup at least..

ah well.. I guess it's just as well that I haven't been a fan of the musical direction of the band in a while, so ... eh

8 hours ago, Pendragonx said:

Oh snap -- I just found out that Marko has now also left Nightwish .. so their original drummer Jukka, their original singer, and now their 2nd bassist are all gone... just leaves Emmpu and Toumas as the original members still there

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=40726

Glad I got to see them perform a couple times when they had the original lineup at least..

ah well.. I guess it's just as well that I haven't been a fan of the musical direction of the band in a while, so ... eh

I agree. Though Floor is an incredible singer herself, I do not care for all their 20 minute epics that they made since Tarjas departure. They were at their peak with lyrics based on mythology. Although all the breakup songs for a relationship that never existed between Tarjas and Tuomas were really good. 

• Like 1

I saw that announcement the other day.  Maybe they’ll give us some more of those awesome Tuomas vocals ala the Carpenter 😂 

Seriously though, I haven’t been interested in anything since Once anyway.  Wishmaster was a damn masterpiece and Bless the Child wasn’t far behind.  Dark Passion play had some jams on it but it definitely wasn’t the Nightwish I fell in love with.  RIP.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

Seriously though, I haven’t been interested in anything since Once anyway.  Wishmaster was a damn masterpiece and Bless the Child wasn’t far behind.  Dark Passion play had some jams on it but it definitely wasn’t the Nightwish I fell in love with.  RIP.

Yeah, their whole era when Toumas was emulating Stratovarious was epic!  I went to their 2nd concert ever in north america back in the day and Jens Johansson from Strat was there and did a guest appearance on keyboards.. it was awesome

55 minutes ago, Pendragonx said:

Yeah, their whole era when Toumas was emulating Stratovarious was epic!  I went to their 2nd concert ever in north america back in the day and Jens Johansson from Strat was there and did a guest appearance on keyboards.. it was awesome

I remember that tour.  Big concert regret of mine.  I was in college at the time and I think they played here over winter break or something.  I stayed in town and forgot to organize a ride with someone.  Missed out.  

• Like 1