IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - 2020 Tournament - Alien Syndrome

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, it is TIME!

Time for some fast paced action that will leave you all glued to your seats.
Today, our 15 heroes start to compete to see who will prevail!
5 of them will FALL in disgrace and dishonour this week.

Be prepared, for they will tackle a CLASSIC, Alien Syndrome!
Here's the rules they will have to follow to secure their scores... and their survival!

• Play 1 player mode
  • You can play with either character
  • 1 life only
  • Pause the game as soon as you die and take your picture
  • If you beat the game, you have a very short time to take your picture at the score tally screen. Be prepared 
  • Highest score wins

Best of luck to our challengers. They will need it.

The contest ends Sunday, 11/29/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• Like 3

Events Team · Posted
1st Gaia Gensouki 1,108,500
2nd Richardhead 981,800
3rd bertsampson 800,900
4th Tablew/chairs 793,700
5th NESfiend 586,000
6th 0xDEAFC0DE 545,700
7th 8bitdontquit 500,900
8th mbd39 441,700
9th Jeevan 395,600
10th ninjistar 383,800
11th Ausden 359,100
12th skinnygrinny 322,100
13th SuperJimtendo 320,900
13th SuperJimtendo 320,900
15th JamesRobot 263,900
15th JamesRobot 263,900
17th TWarwick07 No score
  • Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

Never played this, should be interesting......Good luck to all!!!!  Hopefully I can last past first round 😉  

Also, good luck everyone but @ninjistar 😏.

JK buddy, u will do well im sure of it 🤣.

I started this competition with you, seems fitting we should end it together buddy!!

• Like 1

And done. Bea will be very disappointed in my score though. Lots of points left out there. Just wanted to be the first to beat it with 1 life.😂

Busy work week for me, probably only have a few more hours to play. Problem is the spot I get lots of points, is a spot I die at regularly. So most likely I won’t have a score update after this. 
Also hoping the scoreboard gets updated before someone beats my score. Be kind of nice to be in the lead for a bit.

Edited by Richardhead
  • Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

Very nice score @Richardhead You got me beat Im sure lol.  Not sure I have enough knack to sit there and poke dem floor vag for that long 

Or however you did it.......but ya, this actually is a fun little game I have never played.  Pretty good experience with it thus far.

5 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Well I am glad to see someone say something other than I beat the game. I only got to play a little Sunday night, but had trouble with level 2 boss. 

The first three levels have much harder bosses than enemies. Level 4 is where the regular enemies start to get hard. They shoot really fast.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
3 hours ago, mbd39 said:

The first three levels have much harder bosses than enemies. Level 4 is where the regular enemies start to get hard. They shoot really fast.

This right here is true for sure.  Level 4 is my stopping point right now.  Gonna fire it up again tonight tho.