IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - 2020 Tournament - Alien Syndrome

BeaIank

18 hours ago, Richardhead said:

And done. Bea will be very disappointed in my score though. Lots of points left out there. Just wanted to be the first to beat it with 1 life.😂

Busy work week for me, probably only have a few more hours to play. Problem is the spot I get lots of points, is a spot I die at regularly. So most likely I won’t have a score update after this. 
Also hoping the scoreboard gets updated before someone beats my score. Be kind of nice to be in the lead for a bit.

You should go for a million points next!

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Travelled skinny style and just got the nes hooked up. Will be alternating between casual runs of alien syndrome, mimosas, and watching my lions in their yearly superbowl. @Bearcat-Dougyou should be doing the same. 

I am watching the Lions. They remind me of the Bengals.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I don't think I can even come close to beating stage 4 and I've tried and tried.

Im getting there, but it is crazy hard. Posting this now to push myself to get over the edge. Does anyone know how lives are accumulated? Sometimes I get to 9 lives and others Im at 8 with the same score.  I thought at first I may be missing a death somehow, but I really dont think I am after playing over and over.  Didnt get pic before it went down to 7 so I am including one where I was still alive with 8. 

20201127_180613.jpg

20201127_180003.jpg

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
54 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Im getting there, but it is crazy hard. Posting this now to push myself to get over the edge. Does anyone know how lives are accumulated? Sometimes I get to 9 lives and others Im at 8 with the same score.  I thought at first I may be missing a death somehow, but I really dont think I am after playing over and over.  Didnt get pic before it went down to 7 so I am including one where I was still alive with 8. 

20201127_180613.jpg

20201127_180003.jpg

Im not sure how it works honestly.....Doing good tho. by the looks of it 🤨

I will leave up the last post because I am still curious about how lives are accumulated. Finally got through level 4 on 1 life. Hadnt practiced level 5 at all and it didnt last long. Pretty excited to have gotten past 4 though. Hopefully not done, but time will be really hard to come by this weekend so this may very well be it.

20201127_204202.jpg

12 hours ago, mbd39 said:

For people who think this game is "too easy", wow. I don't think I can even come close to beating stage 4 and I've tried and tried.

Maybe I should try to play through this one day. I haven't gotten past stage 3, but I'm pretty sure that I've only played the game twice. 

I'm starting to get sick of this challenge. Whenever I have a good run I get hit somewhere in level 4. And that one time I made it past level 4 I immediately got hit in level 5. At least I can now beat this game consistently on one continue, but just one life is still too hard. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow, but for today I'm done and fine with my score of around 700k.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

I'm starting to get sick of this challenge. Whenever I have a good run I get hit somewhere in level 4. And that one time I made it past level 4 I immediately got hit in level 5. At least I can now beat this game consistently on one continue, but just one life is still too hard. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow, but for today I'm done and fine with my score of around 700k.

I've gotten really good at the first three levels. Level 4 is a nightmare.

Score updated.

I was so close I was right fucking there about to head into the stage 4 boss for the first time and I got cocky and was going to try point pressing. 

Stage 3 boss still giving me issues. I Prefer the flame thrower but imma have to try something else I guess.fucker takes so long. 

Might have one more run in me. We'll see. 

Edited by SuperJimtendo

I did it! I finally did it! I beat the game on a single life and earned 1.1 million points! Score updated above.

This was so intense and it took me a lot of tries, but I feel so relieved right now! Also wanted to say that this game has been growing on me. Beating it with one life is very stressful, but it's still a fun game (even if a bit frustrating in later levels)

@SuperJimtendo For me personally the third boss was the easiest with the laser, because the boss constantly spawns small enemies and the laser shoots right through them killing them all while also hitting the boss. The flame thrower on the other hand hits just one enemy and then you have to fire again. Therefore beating that boss with the flame thrower takes more time.

Edited by Gaia Gensouki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

I did it! I finally did it! I beat the game on a single life and earned 1.1 million points! Score updated above.

This was so intense and it took me a lot of tries, but I feel so relieved right now! Also wanted to say that this game has been growing on me. Beating it with one life is very stressful, but it's still a fun game (even if a bit frustrating in later levels)

@SuperJimtendo For me personally the third boss was the easiest with the laser, because the boss constantly spawns small enemies and the laser shoots right through them killing them all while also hitting the boss. The flame thrower on the other hand hits just one enemy and then you have to fire again. Therefore beating that boss with the flame thrower takes more time.

Congratulations on breaking the million point mark! Great job!