IGNORED

Limes

Hammerfestus

7 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

PIckle / preserve them. All you need is some Kosher salt, and throw in some cloves too if you have them

What do I do with pickled limes?  I just eat them?  

I’d been thinking along the lines of carne asada.  Or I guess I could go get a bottle of tequila.  Is it hard to make Key lime Pie?  Probably too much effort for me.

13 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

That's my vote.  Key limes are different but you could probably substitute regular ones for pie.  No idea on the difficulty. 

That’s what I thought.  How different can they really be?  I’m sure I’ll look up a recipe, see the amount of work and decide to go the tequila route.  Ooh.  Thought coming in now. I wonder how much of a pain in the butt it’ll be to find Cachaça.

• Haha 1

1. Have a shot of Tequila with lime one.

2. Put a couple limes in the garbage disposal.

3. Make some all purpose cleaner with a bunch of limes.

4. Have another shor of tequila.

5. Make some ceviche and tacos.

6. Have another shot of tequila. 

7. Keep one lime on you in case you have to Jack Bauer someone into telling you were the bomb is located.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

What do I do with pickled limes?  I just eat them?  

I’d been thinking along the lines of carne asada.  Or I guess I could go get a bottle of tequila.  Is it hard to make Key lime Pie?  Probably too much effort for me.

No, you either cook with them or use the rinds as garnish or chopped into things like salad dressings or sauces. You've never made preserved lemons before? Great for middle eastern type cooking

Edited by Daniel_Doyce
spelling