IGNORED

Foods people either love or hate

phart010

Moderator · Posted
1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

That is the nastiest stuff I’ve ever been around in my life, and I’ve been around a lot of nasty food, especially while traveling in China. Just the smell made 10/16 people at a camping trip throw up. 2 were able to eat it, with 1/2 actually keeping it down and even drinking some of the juice. The one guy had to shave his beard to get the smell away from him! It’s hard to explain how bad of a smell it is compared to everything else on earth unless you’ve been around it. 

9 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Pumpkin Pie

I hated it as a kid, but I've grown to like it if it's served with whipped cream. Not too much of it, though.

Pecan Pie I can't get past.

And anything mixing savory flavors with sweet flavors I'm not big on, either.

Others:

Raw sliced or whole tomatoes, including cherry tomatoes. Texture puts me off. I'm fine with diced tomatoes mixed with other stuff (a la Pico de Gallo or Salsa) or in sauces.

Bananas. Again, texture. Though I'm not hugely in love with the flavor.

Broccoli. Flavor for me here, because I'm okay with cauliflower and that's basically the same plant.

Asparagus. Nope.

Edited by Tulpa

The ones I have the biggest reactions too in this thread are anchovies (delicious in moderation!). And Creme Soda (awful!).

Two more I can think of are black pudding and Chicago deep dish pizza, a literal crime against pizzanity. It's like a child tried to make a pizza without a recipe and messed up the quantity and order of every single ingredient. I'm sorry, I ordered a pizza, not tomato soup in a bread bowl.

tZiwHpU.jpg

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Haha 2

Moderator · Posted
2 hours ago, jonebone said:

Some of the candy mentions are good ones. What about these

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Cream Soda

Pumpkin Pie

Too many to keep up with in this thread, but I'll start with saying I LOVE all 3 of those (pumpkin anything really). I also like Moxie and hate Root Beer. I love mushrooms on my pizza, and black and white pudding in an Irish breakfast is soooo good I usually save it for my birthday when I want to really treat myself.

I dislike most cheeses (but have my exceptions like pizza and cheesecake), I HATE eggplant and raisins. I like brussels sprouts and beets.

Editorials Team · Posted
14 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

The ones I have the biggest reactions too in this thread are anchovies (delicious in moderation!). And Creme Soda (awful!).

Two more I can think of are black pudding and Chicago deep dish pizza, a literal crime against pizzanity. It's like a child tried to make a pizza without a recipe and messed up the quantity and order of every single ingredient. I'm sorry, I ordered a pizza, not tomato soup in a bread bowl.

Candy Pop! ⋆ Spam ¹ - ben wyatt, human disaster - Wattpad

2 hours ago, doner24 said:

That is the nastiest stuff I’ve ever been around in my life, and I’ve been around a lot of nasty food, especially while traveling in China. Just the smell made 10/16 people at a camping trip throw up. 2 were able to eat it, with 1/2 actually keeping it down and even drinking some of the juice. The one guy had to shave his beard to get the smell away from him! It’s hard to explain how bad of a smell it is compared to everything else on earth unless you’ve been around it. 

Honestly I've tried or would be willing to try just about anything mentioned so far but this thing might be too much. Are you supposed to eat it like that out of the can? Perhaps with some cream cheese it might be somewhat passable.

Moderator · Posted
10 minutes ago, Abelardo said:

Honestly I've tried or would be willing to try just about anything mentioned so far but this thing might be too much. Are you supposed to eat it like that out of the can? Perhaps with some cream cheese it might be somewhat passable.

Yeah, you eat it right like that out of the can like a sardine. Honestly, I don’t think there’s anything in the world you could eat with it to make it passable to eat. The stench is just way too powerful. 

• Like 1

Moderator · Posted
26 minutes ago, Abelardo said:

Here’s a partial video of our experience. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, doner24 said:

Yeah, you eat it right like that out of the can like a sardine. Honestly, I don’t think there’s anything in the world you could eat with it to make it passable to eat. The stench is just way too powerful. 

It's also apparently extremely salty. Never personally tried it (are you crazy?), but I had it described in excruciating detail.