IGNORED

Upcoming Site Maintenance/Downtime

Gloves

Homebrew Team · Posted
2 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

I noticed this too. It used to let you change this behavior in the stream options. 

Clicking on the circle or star to the left of the title will take you to the new post. But it would be nice to get the option to default to this. 

I sent gloves a video of it happening and he got it to work for me.  You must be using a custom activity stream like I was.  You need to change "show me" to all items

unknown-4.png.49d22cc3817c399f9e86f56d2ac125d7.png

45 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

I sent gloves a video of it happening and he got it to work for me.  You must be using a custom activity stream like I was.  You need to change "show me" to all items

unknown-4.png.49d22cc3817c399f9e86f56d2ac125d7.png

Hmm, setting that does fix the problem. But, it wasn't letting me select that when my read status is set to only show unread threads. Is there a way to have both? 

Edit: Also the show me all option shows all the comments from a thread instead of just the latest one.

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE

OK, so I'm browsing on desktop for the first time since the change and I noticed something. Before I go deep into things, I have an IPS monitor and I used to do graphic design so I pay attention to colors more than most people would normally have to.

The main theme for the forum is a purple color. But there is a ton of hidden green in the forum. Mainly, it's the main blocks that make the sites content up.

But I've pinpointed what's bugging me and it seems to be an easy fix. In the site's CSS you have a clashing color in :root.

There are 12 instances of 243, 246, 244

I can't believe my screen is able to reproduce color so accurately that a discrepancy that minor is actually annoying. But since you're doing purple I tried various colors and I found this to be the most pleasing color 245, 248, 252

Administrator · Posted
31 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Here's a little before and after....it's subtle but on my monitor it's night and day.

Untitled-3.jpg.768b25200eee267cde0c29e45e9a9aff.jpg

I see what you mean, and will definitely change it. There's a lot of subtle little things that got overwritten like this that aren't immediately apparent so thanks for pointing this out. I know something felt off but wasn't sure what, and I think this is it! 

• Like 1

@Gloves Sorry if I missed these details in another post.  I did look but I didn't see it, but I have two questions.

1. Where did the "Search for post of this user within this thread" button go?  I think it use to be by the quote/multi-quote button?

2. Huh... under my I icon I now have two reps.  One for likes/emojis and one saying "Members solved count".  How did I get that second rep?

Again, I apologize if either of these have been addressed.  I didn't see it. 😕  But thanks for the help.

Edited by RH

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, RH said:

@Gloves Sorry if I missed these details in another post.  I did look but I didn't see it, but I have two questions.

1. Where did the "Search for post of this user within this thread" button go?  I think it use to be by the quote/multi-quote button?

2. Huh... under my I icon I now have two reps.  One for likes/emojis and one saying "Members solved count".  How did I get that second rep?

Again, I apologize if either of these have been addressed.  I didn't see it. 😕  But thanks for the help.

No worries.

1. I need to add back the "posts by this user in this thread" plugin. When I tried earlier it didn't appear, so I may need to contact the creator to troubleshoot.
  2. The solved count is for "Questions" solved, which is a feature we're no longer using, wherein we had questions that could be "solved" by the person who posed the question "accepting" an answer from another poster. You must have solved one such question in the past. I plan to remove this counter.
    1. To answer your next question, "Why was it removed?", simply nobody was using it properly. Folks are used to using the forum in a certain way and I don't want to confuse things by having sections that don't differentiate themselves behaving differently.
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Hmmm some people have an error with Charms while others do not. Beddy intadesting.

Just a guess, but it looks like those of us with no charms are having "template errors".  I guess you have to just give us all those sage veggie charms again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted
Just now, RH said:

Just a guess, but it looks like those of us with no charms are having "template errors".  I guess you have to just give us all those sage veggie charms again. 

That does SEEM to be the case, but I gave Phleo one and it didn't resolve. I'm gonna look into it, but for now disable while I do so.

Homebrew Team · Posted
On 9/6/2020 at 10:01 PM, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Hmm, setting that does fix the problem. But, it wasn't letting me select that when my read status is set to only show unread threads. Is there a way to have both? 

Edit: Also the show me all option shows all the comments from a thread instead of just the latest one.

Click the star next to the thread title instead.  It will take you to the first unread post.