IGNORED

Upcoming Site Maintenance/Downtime

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

I've updated the notification color. The color might take a little bit to update, but I made the circle bright blue like the Sage's staff orb, and the color of the number a dark purple (#18183e). 

@CasualCartThat's... rough. How old is this phone? Can you let me know what version of Safari you're on?

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

It looks like this update might be the death-sentence for my ability to browse the site on my old-as-dirt phone. VGS has become a garbled mess in my Safari browser, and my phone is too old to update apps or OS. Is there anything that can be done about this? 

-CasualCart

76450951_VGSMobile03.thumb.PNG.1a090c12539c2c9d7d53cea818021a3b.PNG2061734631_VGSMobile02.thumb.PNG.8e21054595bc2ec84d4afbbdfb54e677.PNG201118183_VGSMobile01.thumb.PNG.b5af44b451882e134f494eb621c20731.PNG

Actually, this looks like completely borked, which is really really weird. 

Can you clear your cache on Safari? It may be that you have old css cached. 

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

Okay, so I found a button in Settings that said 'Clear History' and 'Clear Cookies and Data' for Safari. I clicked both and turned my phone off and back on again, but VGS is still messed up. I think I'm just doomed to no longer read the forums at lunchtime. This is upsetting : ( 

-CasualCart

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Okay, so I found a button in Settings that said 'Clear History' and 'Clear Cookies and Data' for Safari. I clicked both and turned my phone off and back on again, but VGS is still messed up. I think I'm just doomed to no longer read the forums at lunchtime. This is upsetting : ( 

-CasualCart

You're unable to download, say, chrome? 

If you can tell me what model phone and version of safari, I could test on my end. 

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Gloves said:

You're unable to download, say, chrome? 

If you can tell me what model phone and version of safari, I could test on my end. 

I tried downloading Chrome, but my phone said I need iOS 12 or something. I think my phone is an iPhone 4. Not sure how to figure out which version of Safari I've got, though.

-CasualCart

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, CasualCart said:

I tried downloading Chrome, but my phone said I need iOS 12 or something. I think my phone is an iPhone 4. Not sure how to figure out which version of Safari I've got, though.

-CasualCart

Bro that's 10 years old.

Can I like... buy you a new phone? Jesus.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

-CasualCart

It's all good bud. You can hang out with us here instead!

https://www.nintendoage.net/forum/

• Haha 4

Administrator · Posted
Just now, CasualCart said:

Haha I'm determined to keep this phone until it dies on me. (Unfortunately it's starting to look like that won't be long, now).

-CasualCart

As a software developer I lose sleep over the knowledge that people like you exist, while as someone who cares about the environment I am thankful for you. So consider me totally neutral when I say that it's about time to move on lol.

One thing I'd consider is to treat yoself, and DONATE the phone - an iphone 4 WOULD have value to certain people in certain situations. You, however, probably could stand to be a man of the present. 😉

• Like 3

Graphics Team · Posted

Haha you're all totally right. And the only reason I have an Apple phone is that I got it as a hand-me down and never bothered to switch or upgrade. Before that I had a bunch of flip-phones, and if my memory serves I broke most of them by falling on them. Long story short, cellphones and I have never gotten along.

-CasualCart

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Phones are ridiculously expensive. I would still have my Galaxy S4 if it didn't mysteriously die when around the time my wife wanted new phones. My S7 is now suffering from burn in. I think I've left my Discord open for too long lol.

You could get a new android phone off contract for like a hundo. Strictly speaking it'd be miles ahead of an iPhone 4.

But how on earth have I turned this into a talk about phones? Lol

• Haha 2