IGNORED

VGS Bingo: Submissions Thread

Gloves

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Spritely
(Very basic, I know, but I wanted these sprites to fit in with my platformer, and I figured if I were going to make a basic enemy for the game, the Chu-Chus would be a good choice. Mostly based on the Wind Waker and Minish Cap designs of them.)

(The Chu-Chu. Look at him, he's so happy. Just livin' his best life)

1f78f7a561ed512f4087d33560717c93.png

(Chu-Chu Jumping. Look at him go!)

743373c78f423e338977f8ede73b640f.png

(He's dead.)

8ed22db470e86756d93e3dc16df6e337.png

You realize I fully expect you to make a full-blown game now right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

You realize I fully expect you to make a full-blown game now right?

I absolutely would've implemented actual enemies, different screens, a boss and everything, I actually wanted to at first. But the tutorial series I watched only got so far in to the process 😞

Edited by ZeldaFreak

Added another square for, The Future is Now, Old Man.  This one took a while, but it was easy.  The game was alright too, it was worth a play through.  I was kinda excited because loads of people tell me it's the best best Tell Tale game, but it isn't.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3087-the-wolf-among-us/jicsan

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted

Particip ant
(It had to be Mappy didn't it. Just had to be. Of all the games...)

Supportive
(<--- Got the badge. All thanks to Jeevan buying that GBC game off of me! I won't be able to stay a supporter every month, but I'm glad to have at least been able to donate this one time 🙂 )

Taste the brew
(Pretty fun game actually, sucks that it's unfinished.)

Homebreviewer
(Decided to review the one homebrew game I've played in several years. This took way longer than I thought it would to write, but I'm glad to have it finished. I like writing reviews and stuff like this, it's pretty fun.)

Seriesous about collecting
(I honestly thought I'd be completely fucked for this challenge, but I completely forgot that I own all of the mainline Uncharted games! I haven't played my PS4 in several months, nor have I gotten around to playing the Uncharted games, so I'm not surprised I forgot about some of the games I have for it.)

5bf9eedcd54b399318d4ad675a22d925.png

Show off
(Easily one of my personal holy grail items. Very glad to be the owner of one of these)

The future is now, old man
(Yes, I know, I went the My Name is Mayo route. Listen, I don't own many PS4 games, and most of them would probably take well over a week to platinum, alright?! 😆 )

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5531-my-name-is-mayo/ZeldaFreak_NA

You scratch my back
(I don't recall if I've already mentioned this challenge before, so just in case, made a deal with Jeevan for a sealed Gameboy Color game, we've both already left feedback for each other, and the item is on it's way to his house.)

So, with that...

1485388505_VGSBingo2020.thumb.jpg.e10830e61ca7474f744588ba21a27364.jpg

I now have multiple bingos! 😄

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted

X Factor
(Beat the high score in Asteroids for the Gameboy, which in the Beat Every Gameboy thread, counts as beating it. This was originally the last challenge I was going to do tonight, but...)

With these hands
(I figured, eh, what the hell, might as well get another quick challenge out of the way. Decided to give Ducktales on Gameboy a spin, since I enjoyed Ducktales Remastered so much. Very good game, although I rushed through it as quick as possible just so I could beat this challenge.)

3cbc724d965eebd3d57f3dadd14ee2e1.jpg

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
8 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Is the NES Weekly Participant Charm still a thing that's being given out? Just asking because I don't see it under the list of Baubles and Charms. Would be nice to have a few more cool symbols under my name 😛

ask bea or guill they can do that for ya.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
16 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Jump, man
(Never in a million years thought I'd complete this challenge, but thanks to some tutorial videos that were very easy to follow, I got there in the end. It goes without saying that I didn't create the music or the chest sprite, however everything else is 100% original. I would've loved to have exported it and made it playable for everyone, but as Jeevan already mentioned, that isn't available on the trial version of GameMaker. I tried to loosely base the aesthetic of the... dungeon...? On the Palace of Winds from Minish Cap. And you can't really see it since he's so tiny, but I tried to make the sprite for link a combination of the retro and modern looks of Link. There's some enlarged images of the sprite below so you can see what I'm talking about.)

I can't believe I watched the whole video only to learn that the chest couldn't be opened. I want my 87 seconds back sir!

• Haha 3

Events Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

I can't believe I watched the whole video only to learn that the chest couldn't be opened. I want my 87 seconds back sir!

I'm sorry man, only so much I could do with the tutorial vids I had 😆

Edited by ZeldaFreak
  • Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

By the way, now that you're here @guillavoie, would it be possible for me to get the NES Weekly Participant charm since I submitted that Mappy score? Figured I'd ask. Good timing with you showing up, me and Jeeves were just talking about that 😛

Your wish has been granted son, now you can go on with your journey, and open that damn chest!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've managed to complete a few more tiles:

Racing fan desu  I've watched Redline and enjoyed it quite a bit. The most striking features of this movie are definitely the visuals and the animation, which are absolutely gorgeous and stunning. Those deep black lines combined with the bright colors gave it not just a unique look within anime, but also made the action clear to understand. Compared to some cheaper anime (mostly TV series), I never had to stop and ask myself what just happened.

Also, It's so over the top that even a sport like racing has me existed. Usually, when I watch broadcasts of real life racing events I tend to fall asleep out of boredom, but this had me really invested in the action. The only negative thing I could mention would be that some of the later stuff seems a bit too out there (they almost went full Akira) and I didn't quite understand why they had to introduce all these political factions and many side characters, most of whom had only a minor role in the course of the movie. But I feel like this movie mostly lives on its spectacle rather than an intriguing plot or deep characters. If I had to rate it I would probably give it something around a 9 out of 10.

The future is now, old man  I beat and completed Spyro 1 on the PS4 remastered edition. While I think that the remaster is done very well I can't help but feel that I've grown out of the collect-a-thon platformers. It felt like mere busy work with its tens of thousands of collectibles. Also, it was very tiresome having to go through a level over and over again just to find some random jewel(s) that I've missed somewhere. The racing sequences to retrieve one of the dragon eggs or gainst the final boss were equally underwhelming. I don't know why, but I used to really like Spyro 2 or Banjo Kazooie back in the day. However, nowadays it seems like they don't really appeal to me anymore.

Plastic Prison  I acquired a graded Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. Totally worth it!

Game master  I've managed to get max score/money in Vegas Stakes on the NES. Nothing special, but it should get the job done.

PS: I've got my first bingo!

The Future Is Now.jpg

Plastic Prison.jpg

Game Master.jpg

Bingo.jpg

Edited by Gaia Gensouki
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

More submissions for me!

Early Days

image0.jpg

Final Fantasy I on GBA

The Future is Now, Old Man

Rayman Origins Platinum on PS Vita. Link to PSNP that shows completed game for proof:
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1317-rayman-origins/Adorabears

Plastic Prison

image1.jpg

With these three and my last post, I think I should have a bingo. If there is anything wrong with any of my submissions, please let me know!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Your's is nice too.  😉  I'd looked at them before when you mentioned you used to hunt trophies, and had the MGS4 platinum.  You knocked out some big ones for sure.

What OMG'd me about @Adorabear's list is that they are all S or A ranks.

Mine is fat with a ton of zero percenters.

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, Jicsan said:

Your's is nice too.  😉  I'd looked at them before when you mentioned you used to hunt trophies, and had the MGS4 platinum.  You knocked out some big ones for sure.

What OMG'd me about @Adorabear's list is that they are all S or A ranks.

Mine is fat with a ton of zero percenters.

I mean YEAH we could ALL have all S and A's if we only PLAYED 30 GAMES!!!

I kid @Adorabear, love ya. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1