IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

Why is the media ignoring the fact that one of the guys Kyle Rittenhouse injured had a pistol? Answer, because they want you to think it was cold blooded calculated murder. They don't want you to think at all that he could've acted in self defense. Ignore the gun, ignore him turning himself into police, ignore the people attacking him. Just focus on him shooting people and that he supported Trump and cops. Seriously, f*ck the media and their deliberate omission of facts to sway a story. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rhino said:

Why is the media ignoring the fact that one of the guys Kyle Rittenhouse injured had a pistol? Answer, because they want you to think it was cold blooded calculated murder. They don't want you to think at all that he could've acted in self defense. Ignore the gun, ignore him turning himself into police, ignore the people attacking him. Just focus on him shooting people and that he supported Trump and cops. Seriously, f*ck the media and their deliberate omission of facts to sway a story. 

You got a copy of Way of the Samurai on PS2 for sale ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhino said:

Tell me more about that. Where does it say he had a gun?

2 hours ago, Rhino said:

I don't understand why republicans always think they know a secret that nobody else is understands. Lol. 

7 hours ago, Californication said:

It sounds like after the kid killed the first person he ran away two people tried to stop him and he shot them. One of the guys that tried to stop him had a gun, I believe it was holstered.

Hmmm. I was looking for some actual proof. 

I don't understand why republicans always think they know a secret that nobody else is understands. Lol. 

Did you miss the hourly meeting where all media organizations decide what to post together to hurt Trump? Same guys controlling hollywood and Biden from the shadows. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Did you miss the hourly meeting where all media organizations decide what to post together to hurt Trump? Same guys controlling hollywood and Biden from the shadows. 

Really. The republican answers to why things happen really feels like tv show writing. The show twists and turns to resolve whatever happened in 30 min or an hour.

The republicans, act like we can't be wrong so what would make us right.

180,000 dead Americans because corona virus? Obama stopped testing during his administration.

17 year old travels with AR-15, to defend property in an area where he knows no one and owns no property and murders people. Self defense because people generally go and attack someone holdiing an AR-15.

Police shoot black man 7 times in the back while going to his car. Cop was afraid for his life or man was going for cops gun.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MrWunderful said:
  11 hours ago, Californication said:

It sounds like after the kid killed the first person he ran away two people tried to stop him and he shot them. One of the guys that tried to stop him had a gun, I believe it was holstered.

Hmmm. I was looking for some actual proof. 

11 hours ago, Californication said:

Proof is in the videos. The guy who was shot in the arm had a pistol, and illegally as he's a felon. Also, I don't think "stop" is the right term here, they were trying to kill him. Hence the skateboard attack to the head and the armed felon rushing, with gun in hand, not holstered. And this armed felon has not been charged with anything, which is unreal. (Good video link here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8674391/Third-injured-Kenosha-shooting-victim-social-justice-activist.html)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2RJ-iv2VyQ

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/us/kyle-rittenhouse-kenosha-shooting-video.html

It's 100% self-defense. He fled from each confrontation before being forced to defend himself. He even stopped to try and give medical aid to the first guy he shot, before the other crowd started chasing again with intent to greatly harm/kill him.

Edited by Silent Hill

14 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Proof is in the videos. The guy who was shot in the arm had a pistol, and illegally as he's a felon.

Kid from IL that killed people took a rifle across state lines illegally as he's a minor...

There is no reasonable justification for the dimwitted kid to have put himself in the situation where he needs to plead "self defense" in the first place.

And in a world of these things being a matter of perception to the parties involved -- it gets tough to square who things they were defending themselves from the other (in terms of the group trying to disarm the minor that was shooting people with a firearm that he couldn't legally possess in that situation)

Edited by arch_8ngel
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

Kid from IL that killed people took a rifle across state lines illegally as he's a minor...

There is no reasonable justification for the dimwitted kid to have put himself in the situation where he needs to plead "self defense" in the first place.

And in a world of these things being a matter of perception to the parties involved -- it gets tough to square who things they were defending themselves from the other (in terms of the group trying to disarm the minor that was shooting people with a firearm that he couldn't legally possess in that situation)

Listen to his Lawyer, the gun never traveled across state lines, and the WI law covers a 17 y.o. for that type of gun, so he was legally carrying. (unlike the felon who he shot in the arm) 

Even if that weren't the case, it doesn't result in murder charges. 

Going to be hard to claim that the people he shot were defending themselves as they were chasing him, with clear intent to do great harm/kill. 

He had just as much of a right to be in Kenosha as anyone else (the three people he shot apparently traveled further than he did to Kenosha, if it matters to you), and he was armed because obviously other people were. Why would you not be armed in that environment? You may say that being armed shows intent to kill, but it shows intent to defend one's self just as much, even more so in this scenario where he only discharged in self-defense. 

52 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Listen to his Lawyer, the gun never traveled across state lines, and the WI law covers a 17 y.o. for that type of gun, so he was legally carrying. (unlike the felon who he shot in the arm) 

Even if that weren't the case, it doesn't result in murder charges. 

Going to be hard to claim that the people he shot were defending themselves as they were chasing him, with clear intent to do great harm/kill. 

He had just as much of a right to be in Kenosha as anyone else (the three people he shot apparently traveled further than he did to Kenosha, if it matters to you), and he was armed because obviously other people were. Why would you not be armed in that environment? You may say that being armed shows intent to kill, but it shows intent to defend one's self just as much, even more so in this scenario where he only discharged in self-defense. 

You're right that apparently he claims he got the gun from a friend in WI, rather than bringing it with him. But the exception in WI for 16 and 17 year olds with rifles and shotguns is for hunting purposes, so I think his defense is bogus, but we'll see.

Whether the murder charges stick around, or not, the kid is a total idiot with a clear lack of judgment to put himself in that situation.

And it is totally piss-poor parenting to let your 17 year old go open-carry a rifle at a protest.

So no, a 17 year old from another state should NOT have been there in the first place. 

Edited by arch_8ngel

52 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

he was armed because obviously other people were. Why would you not be armed in that environment? You may say that being armed shows intent to kill, but it shows intent to defend one's self just as much, even more so in this scenario where he only discharged in self-defense. 

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

You're right that apparently he claims he got the gun from a friend in WI, rather than bringing it with him. But the exception in WI for 16 and 17 year olds with rifles and shotguns is for hunting purposes, so I think his defense is bogus, but we'll see.

Whether the murder charges stick around, or not, the kid is a total idiot with a clear lack of judgment to put himself in that situation.

And it is totally piss-poor parenting to let your 17 year old go open-carry a rifle at a protest.

So no, a 17 year old from another state should NOT have been there in the first place. 

I believe there is an additional section that either negates or clouds the "hunting" stipulation, but we'll see how it plays out. Again, even if he shouldn't have had the weapon, it doesn't override the self-defense claim, and definitely doesn't automate a murder charge. 

I agree that it was no place for a 17 y.o. and that his parents are more than questionable. That said, we're talking months away from being 18, so I don't think it's incredibly relevant.

Lastly, why do people keep harping on him coming from another state? It's like a 20 min drive and he works in Kenosha. Most people commute farther than that for work every day. It's irrelevant. 

Edited by Silent Hill

16 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:
1 hour ago, Silent Hill said:

he was armed because obviously other people were. Why would you not be armed in that environment? You may say that being armed shows intent to kill, but it shows intent to defend one's self just as much, even more so in this scenario where he only discharged in self-defense. 

spacer.png

Solid rebuttal.

2 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

Proof is in the videos. The guy who was shot in the arm had a pistol, and illegally as he's a felon. Also, I don't think "stop" is the right term here, they were trying to kill him. Hence the skateboard attack to the head and the armed felon rushing, with gun in hand, not holstered. And this armed felon has not been charged with anything, which is unreal. (Good video link here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8674391/Third-injured-Kenosha-shooting-victim-social-justice-activist.html)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2RJ-iv2VyQ

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/us/kyle-rittenhouse-kenosha-shooting-video.html

It's 100% self-defense. He fled from each confrontation before being forced to defend himself. He even stopped to try and give medical aid to the first guy he shot, before the other crowd started chasing again with intent to greatly harm/kill him.

The guy with the pistol was defending himself Too, is what it looks like to me. 

We will see!

18 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Solid rebuttal.

20 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

I believe there is an additional section that either negates or clouds the "hunting" stipulation, but we'll see how it plays out. Again, even if he shouldn't have had the weapon, it doesn't override the self-defense claim, and definitely doesn't automate a murder charge. 

I agree that it was no place for a 17 y.o. and that his parents are more than questionable. That said, we're talking months away from being 18, so I don't think it's incredibly relevant.

Lastly, why do people keep harping on him coming from another state? It's like a 20 min drive and he works in Kenosha. Most people commute farther than that for work every day. It's irrelevant. 

Homeboy was there to be a good little Trumper and pop some antifa liberals. 

What property of his was he there defending again?

12 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

The guy with the pistol was defending himself Too, is what it looks like to me. 

We will see!

Tough to claim defense when you're rushing someone who's on the ground with pistol in hand (illegally as well, since the shooter's legal ability to carry is in such question) after chasing them down. (you know, instead of fleeing)