IGNORED

What happened to nintendoage?

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Ferris shared a link, it's live:Β https://thisroomisanillusion.com/?v=893f26889d1e

Whether making a purchase will lead to a game coming to your door I can't say, but the site does exist and is still up on the internet, seemingly with the ability to make purchases.

He's got 13k positive feedback on eBay it looks like. Someone sweet talk him to coming over to VGS.

Screenshot_20230202_220927_eBay.thumb.jpg.402cebaeb0840de6c379552d8c44e96c.jpg

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

@Johnnyboy113Β I actually have this as well boxed so maybe it was that! I think it was this and something else that I wanted? Maybe Black Box Challenge? Fucking I spent months looking for one and then got one and damn Jeff W did a re-release on Kickstarter. I bought one of those too lol

Nice! Yeah I hear ya man, that’s why I never did re-releases on my black box games. I didn’t want the whole black box crew to come after me with pitchforks and torches πŸ˜‚

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

He's got 13k positive feedback on eBay it looks like. Someone sweet talk him to coming over to VGS.

Screenshot_20230202_220927_eBay.thumb.jpg.402cebaeb0840de6c379552d8c44e96c.jpg

I still have that version of transformers sealed and I think the Mario remix I have is numbered on the inside top flap. He did a fantastic job on that box art. If anyone wants to try and find him besides the eBay route his name is John Miller . I’d love to see him on here with all of usΒ 

Edited by Johnnyboy113

3 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

If you registered back then, I was already a mod on NA and can verify you wouldn't have been banned solely for arguing about something.

If you kept trying to get back in, I think I actually remember your old username.Β  Β Did it start with a D?

Also, if you had more than one account that would have gotten you banned (and I believe AtariAge has the same policy).

Probably something Transformers related, maybe Mirage or Reflector. They're both characters from the cartoon. From there it went to Hydra, gamer78, some others and eventually ended with bootload which is still active. Oddly enough I felt like it was my proper use of grammar that made me stand out the most.

I posted about the Princess Rescue debacle where the owners over at Atari Age did a limited run of the boxed version of the game so I bought one to support new developers making games for such an old console. Then after I bought it I found out it wasn't a new game at all, it was just Super Mario Bros. on the Atari 2600 but there was no mention of that, I felt like I got swindled. Then I learned that the first run of 100 boxes they had made for the game had a defect so they had a new run made and shipped those out to buyers instead. After that finished, they decided they would go ahead and sell 100 more boxed copies with the defect boxes at a lower price...........that's 200 boxed copies of a definitive 100 limited print run. I called him out on Atari Age and Nintendo Age, the next day I was banned.

I felt like the guy should have seen consequences for doing that but literally nobody else cared which I thought was odd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

For some reason I thought he was Macedonian and raged on people about repros or something. Maybe thats another guy.

The Macedonian guy only got banned once, IIRC. He was mostly normal at first, but would either go on about how hard it was living in (what is now North) Macedonia, or how us Westerners didn't understand how things worked over there.

He wanted a repro label for some game (Final Fight Guy, I think) and got really pissy that no one would give it to him. Then he got banhammered.

Siyah Beyaz was the Turkish guy. Pretty sure half of what he posted was lost in Google translation, but I think he'd be annoying in any language.

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

That guy was on Famicom World too, and I told the guys not to take him seriously.

I don't think anyone (on NA at least) ever took him seriously, but he was a holy terror with the thread spamming on NA.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tulpa said:

The Macedonian guy only got banned once, IIRC. He was mostly normal at first, but would either go on about how hard it was living in (what is now North) Macedonia, or how us Westerners didn't understand how things worked over there.

He wanted a repro label for some game (Final Fight Guy, I think) and got really pissy that no one would give it to him. Then he got banhammered.

Siyah Beyaz wast the Turkish guy. Pretty sure half of what he posted was lost in Google translation, but I think he'd be annoying in any language.

I don't think anyone (on NA at least) ever took him seriously, but he was a holy terror with the thread spamming on NA.

Wait till he makes his comeback in 2026 lolΒ 

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

Probably something Transformers related, maybe Mirage or Reflector. They're both characters from the cartoon. From there it went to Hydra, gamer78, some others and eventually ended with bootload which is still active. Oddly enough I felt like it was my proper use of grammar that made me stand out the most.

I posted about the Princess Rescue debacle where the owners over at Atari Age did a limited run of the boxed version of the game so I bought one to support new developers making games for such an old console. Then after I bought it I found out it wasn't a new game at all, it was just Super Mario Bros. on the Atari 2600 but there was no mention of that, I felt like I got swindled. Then I learned that the first run of 100 boxes they had made for the game had a defect so they had a new run made and shipped those out to buyers instead. After that finished, they decided they would go ahead and sell 100 more boxed copies with the defect boxes at a lower price...........that's 200 boxed copies of a definitive 100 limited print run. I called him out on Atari Age and Nintendo Age, the next day I was banned.

I felt like the guy should have seen consequences for doing that but literally nobody else cared which I thought was odd.

So, you were upset that the game was a de-make of another game, or that it was supposed to be a 100-copy run?Β  BTW, I'm pretty sure you can still buy one if you just send Al a PM.Β  Dunno about the box.

1 minute ago, wongojack said:

So, you were upset that the game was a de-make of another game, or that it was supposed to be a 100-copy run?Β  BTW, I'm pretty sure you can still buy one if you just send Al a PM.Β  Dunno about the box.

Initially I was upset they didn't disclose it was just a copy of another game, I had no idea that was quite a common thing when people make games. It seemed bizarre, like if I made a Switch game, sold it and it was just Frogger.

I didn't get banned until I voiced my displeasure at the additional copies being sold.

I still have my sealed copy, they ended up being quite valuable.

Administrator Β· Posted
6 hours ago, wongojack said:

Who knows.Β  Β The AtariAge thread isn't too hard to find if you want to give yourself a headache.

The boxed run was supposed to be limited to 100, but he sent off the order with incorrect die dimensions and was worried the boxes would be jacked up, so he ordered 100 more with the correct pattern.Β  Β When the first ones ended up coming in and folded fine, rather than dump them in the trash, he offered them for sale.

Best part was that Albert offered refunds to anybody that was offended by the /100 run becoming a /200 run.Β  Even specifically Deemar/Code Monkey (who swore up and down he paid twice what the retail cost was), who retorted that he'd rather run over the thing with his car.

And they got a C&D from Nintendo over it, so while you can find the ROM for it no way he'll sell you a cart of it these days.

Β 

6 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Initially I was upset they didn't disclose it was just a copy of another game, I had no idea that was quite a common thing when people make games. It seemed bizarre, like if I made a Switch game, sold it and it was just Frogger.

I didn't get banned until I voiced my displeasure at the additional copies being sold.

I still have my sealed copy, they ended up being quite valuable.

It wasn't so much that you voiced your displeasure, it was the repetition and increased asininity of each reply that got you the boot from that thread.Β  Β And it looks like Albert gave you the muzzle from that particular thread, not a site ban.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Β 

It wasn't so much that you voiced your displeasure, it was the repetition and increased asininity of each reply that got you the boot from that thread.Β  Β And it looks like Albert gave you the muzzle from that particular thread, not a site ban.

Β 

Why let details get in the way of a good victim rant?Β 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

You should have seen the chain of PMs I got from AlexElectric on his way out.

Omg I can imagine. He had pmed me one time sayin I just have a few questions about your current release (can’t remember which one) and proceeded to ask 50 questions in 50 pms and by questions I mean paragraphs. πŸ˜‚

3 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Who knows.Β  Β The AtariAge thread isn't too hard to find if you want to give yourself a headache.

The boxed run was supposed to be limited to 100, but he sent off the order with incorrect die dimensions and was worried the boxes would be jacked up, so he ordered 100 more with the correct pattern.Β  Β When the first ones ended up coming in and folded fine, rather than dump them in the trash, he offered them for sale.

Best part was that Albert offered refunds to anybody that was offended by the /100 run becoming a /200 run.Β  Even specifically Deemar/Code Monkey (who swore up and down he paid twice what the retail cost was), who retorted that he'd rather run over the thing with his car.

And they got a C&D from Nintendo over it, so while you can find the ROM for it no way he'll sell you a cart of it these days.

Β 

Β 

Β 

You're correct, it did begin with a D, I remember now. And Albert was correct and I was wrong about the price I paid, I bought so many I misremembered that.

I was trying to get Albert to do the right thing for the people, not just for me and then when I turned around the people weren't there so I was fighting for nobody. I thought for sure people would rally and demand the right thing be done.

Administrator Β· Posted
9 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

You're correct, it did begin with a D, I remember now. And Albert was correct and I was wrong about the price I paid, I bought so many I misremembered that.

I was trying to get Albert to do the right thing for the people, not just for me and then when I turned around the people weren't there so I was fighting for nobody. I thought for sure people would rally and demand the right thing be done.

"The right thing" can be pretty subjective a lot of the time.

32 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Wasn’t he the one that went from making like 1000 posts in a month to leaving to pump iron and bang chicks?

I kept running into his Instagram stuff via FB groups for a while.Β  After he was out of NA, he would periodically post to his Instagram about how he had just started collecting NES stuff, then slowly take photos of stuff he already had and would slowly fill up the same shelf over time, then say he was out and sold it all and show the shelf empty.Β  Then, start up a new Instagram account named slightly differently, and start doing the same type of posts, repeating the cycle over and over.Β  I want to say I saw it happen at least half a dozen times before I either left the group they kept showing up in or he got booted from there too, don't recall which, lol!

Edited by darkchylde28
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 6