IGNORED

Stock Analysis and Trades Thread

Daniel_Doyce

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strongly suggest you guys check out NBAC. They're a SPAC merging with Nuvve which is an electric vehicle charging company. The merge will happen in Q1 of 2021. This is almost the exact same thing that has happened with SBE. SBE is a SPAC, they merged with EV charging company chargepoint and SBEs stock went from $10 to $27. NBAC is currently sitting at $10.45 after hours.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nuvve-corporation-and-lion-electric-announce-vehicle-to-grid-v2g-collaboration-301177245.html

Another true believer on GME -- unlike the other guy with a ton of call options, this guy is in for over 0.1% of the entire company in SHARES.

(full disclosure -- at some point in this chaos, the hype and big players have me convinced that it is worth at least a *small* gamble on an eventual short squeeze, so I'm hoping to make a little speculative money here, but none of this YOLO nonsense 😛)

7 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

To each his own, but I'm not personally interested in messing with Chinese holding companies.

They're merging with an American EV charging company in Q1 of 2021

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nuvve-corporation-and-lion-electric-announce-vehicle-to-grid-v2g-collaboration-301177245.html

Edited by Makar

3 hours ago, Makar said:

So it will be a Chinese company that owns an American company in an SPAC.

Maybe it will work out for you, but I don't want to invest in a company whose financials I can't review and is entering as a competitor in a very high risk industry that already has some major players.

Let us know when it goes through so we can keep an eye on it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Maybe it will work out for you, but I don't want to invest in a company whose financials I can't review and is entering as a competitor in a very high risk industry that already has some major players.

Yeah... I'm sure there are people that are going to make some short-term money on this, but I don't really want to accept the uncertainty of whether the company owners offend the CCP, or otherwise simply engage in the type of book-cooking that is rampant in China.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

There are risks for sure with any Chinese company but right now EV stocks are hot. This one is already up over 20% since I bought it and the merger hasn't even happened yet. NIO is a Chinese EV company too and they're over $50 a share now. I think Nuvve will do fine over the next 5-10 years. Lots of EV interest and they have a lot going for them. 

On 11/23/2020 at 5:50 PM, Makar said:

Anyone get NBAC before the end of today?

I picked up some at open on Monday just cause. The gains are pretty incredible right now, I have to say. I'll probably cash out with near double at the end of the day, not sure how long I want to hold on to this.

Thanks for the tip!

So, what do you guys think about investing in Nintendo?  I mean, this is a gaming forum.  At a glance and being a fan for so long, I'd say they might be a moderately decent long term investment.  They've played this game long enough, they know how to generate stable profits.  As a fan, I can be quite annoyed at how risk-averse they are, but as an investor, that's a solid move for longevity.

General thoughts on it?  I'm mostly curious what you guys think about there stock because you're not only investors but I imagine many of you actually like (if not love) their company and products.  So, how does Nintendo stack up as a stock purchase?

15 minutes ago, RH said:

So, what do you guys think about investing in Nintendo?  I mean, this is a gaming forum.  At a glance and being a fan for so long, I'd say they might be a moderately decent long term investment.  They've played this game long enough, they know how to generate stable profits.  As a fan, I can be quite annoyed at how risk-averse they are, but as an investor, that's a solid move for longevity.

General thoughts on it?  I'm mostly curious what you guys think about there stock because you're not only investors but I imagine many of you actually like (if not love) their company and products.  So, how does Nintendo stack up as a stock purchase?

Not directly invested, but apparently I own some by extension of having some investments in ARK.

17 minutes ago, RH said:

I mean, they are doing fashion apparel collabs now with puma and champion, they were opening theme parks in japan pre covid, they are just having lots of things going on to make some real fucking money. They are diversifying using their characters and up before our eyes becoming much more than just a video game company.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

@jonebone- now that you're back in the green on GME, curious to know your exit plans.

Do you think the squeeze is actually going to happen? Or are you planning on a different cue to exit at this point?

Well I went from down almost 5 figures to up by the same amount.  I knew the stock would surge on the next gen, just didn't expect it to get so beaten down during the summer and COVID.  Strongly considering taking some profits here but the problem with gap ups is that you never know where the peak will be.  It could easily come down from here or add another dollar or two.  Just wait and see but do plan to reduce my exposure and lock in some profits.

Just now, jonebone said:

Well I went from down almost 5 figures to up by the same amount.  I knew the stock would surge on the next gen, just didn't expect it to get so beaten down during the summer and COVID.  Strongly considering taking some profits here but the problem with gap ups is that you never know where the peak will be.  It could easily come down from here or add another dollar or two.  Just wait and see but do plan to reduce my exposure and lock in some profits.

So no real hopes for the squeeze? (in that you seem to be implying that you're just expecting the typical seasonal/release-quarter swing)

8 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

So no real hopes for the squeeze? (in that you seem to be implying that you're just expecting the typical seasonal/release-quarter swing)

The shorts should have already been squeezed out mostly.  You don't get in this stock below $5 and just now decide to get squeezed out when the stock is above $18.

Just now, jonebone said:

The shorts should have already been squeezed out mostly.  You don't get in this stock below $5 and just now decide to get squeezed out when the stock is above $18.

Evidently a lot of groups paying big interest on a daily basis, still.  Though quite possible that they're big enough players to negotiate not getting margin called without adequate warning.

But given the recent run of absurdity, I'll be content to have nearly doubled my money on it and see if it provides another entry point if interest.

Edited by arch_8ngel

Just now, jonebone said:

Dumped 445 of my oldest shares that were cost averaged around $12.50 today at 18.96.  Still got about 900 left and I'll see what the future brings.  Too scared of December 8th earnings to let it all ride.  It's a 50/50 coin flip whether they beat or lag and what the stock will do then.

I would think that odds don't favor them beating expectations for the quarter they're reporting on -- but whether that leads to selling or not, at this point, with the holiday selling season and console releases, that is definitely a coin toss.

Anyway, congrats on having held this one through the turn-around.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Hypothetically, If I knew a certain company was coming out with a product that might make a certain stock go up quite a bit, is it unethical/illegal to buy said stock?

From the SEC's perspective, whatever you THINK you know, you almost certainly aren't really in a position to have what would officially be considered material non-public information.  (loads of people have asymmetric information, though, that doesn't rise to that level)

You are almost certainly better informed than the layman -- but unless their lawyers felt the need to have you sign SEC disclosures, you definitely don't know enough to worry the SEC.  (though you may signed a non-disclosure agreement that would prevent you from SHARING that information -- completely separate from whether you choose to trade on it or not)

Edited by arch_8ngel
  • Like 1