IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

25 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

That's a little uncalled for.

Regarding your CNBC video. Because he said that white nationalists should be condemned, that makes him not racist? That's what you are saying? I just want to make sure exactly what you are trying to say here. 

Nooooo again, you sayng the huff po piece were unbiased becsuse its his own words. And how I had to stop reading it because it had 2-3 right off the bat that were flat out wrong.

You are dancing around it all now because yiu know you were being  hypocritical.

Im saying him being racist and using an example of charlottsville is wrong. The claim is he said their were good people among the neo nazi people there and thats not true. He said their were good people there wamting the statue to stay and condemned all the white nationalists there. They never play that part of the clip. 

But instead of just acknowledging that the huff po piece might be wrong you choose to go after a source when the source has nothing to do with what i wanted you to see, then you play dumb and act like a victim. 

Edited by Quest4Nes
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

That's a little uncalled for.

Regarding your CNBC video. Because he said that white nationalists should be condemned, that makes him not racist? That's what you are saying? I just want to make sure exactly what you are trying to say here. 

Yeah hes known for being trust worthy, take him at his word!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quest4Nes said:

Nooooo again, you sayng the huff po piece were unbiased becsuse its his own words. And how I had to stop reading it because it had 2-3 right off the bat that were flat out wrong.

You are dancing around it all now because yiu know you were wrong.

I'm not wrong, lol. I knew you'd discredit any source I could come up with regardless. I was hesitant to use an article in the first place.

Forget the HuffPo article. Forget your videos. Tell me again how Trump is not racist and don't have a problem with systemic racism in America. Honestly, in total sincerity, explain how you have come to that conclusion, in your own words. Because I still cannot comprehend it.

How do you prove someone else is not a racist? 

Dont you think the onus is on proving he is rather than proving hes not?

Has he said some things that are insensitive? Sure? Ive said hes an asshole(its why i kinda like him. He opens his mouth and says too much constantly.)(hes real, hes a person with faults, not a calculated political buttigieg robot) But racist is a strong word. Doesnt really hold the weight it used to like i said because your team throws it out after every single thing said. Just because your team repeats it every 10 seconds doesnt make it more true. I know you want it to be true so everything you see or hear is through that lens. 

Instead of holding an actual debate about an issue, it is much easier just to say racist and move on. I understand.

The things being labeled as racist have been twisted meanings/out of context/ very disengenuous takes on statements/ projecting pre conceived ideas of him and applying that with intent on his proposed legislation. You hear what you want to hear i guess.

Edited by Quest4Nes

25 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

You will find a way to discredit any proof I try to provide. I could send a video of him saying the n-word and you'd find a way to twist it in his favor.

26 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

its why i kinda like him. He opens his mouth and says too much constantly.

Yeah, this says a lot. Why anyone would want the leader of our country to have this kind of personality trait, I'll never understand. I'd rather have someone we can respect but to each his own.

26 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

I know you want it to be true

See, this is where you are wrong. I don't want our president to be racist! Like, seriously. I'm not sure what would lead you to believe I want a racist president. I literally want the opposite of that. It's a shame he is though.

28 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Instead of holding an actual debate about an issue, it is much easier just to say racist and move on.

Literally what we are doing is debating. I'm not sure what you're on about with this. I can still call out a racist while engaging in a debate. The two things are mutually exclusive.

31 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

The things being labeled as racist have been twisted meanings/out of context/ very disengenuous takes on statements/ projecting pre conceived ideas of him and applying that with intent on his proposed legislation. You hear what you want to hear i guess.

You can try to explain it away like this if you want. You hear what you want to hear I guess. 

30 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

How do you prove someone else is not a racist? 

Has he said some things that are insensitive? Sure? Ive said hes an asshole(its why i kinda like him. He opens his mouth and says too much constantly.)(hes real, hes a person with faults, not a calculated political buttigieg robot) But racist is a strong word. Doesnt really hold the weight it used to like i said because your team throws it out after every single thing said. Just because your team repeats it every 10 seconds doesnt make it more true. I know you want it to be true so everything you see or hear is through that lens. 

Instead of holding an actual debate about an issue, it is much easier just to say racist and move on. I understand.

It's very simple. He says racist things, he has racist policies, and he promotes white nationalism. 

If he is not a racist, he sure does act like one in every way possible.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, epiclotus said:

I mean, kids in cages.  That's really all anyone should have to say to make a judgment about Trump's presidency.  

kids in cages photo circulation were 2014 detention center photos which were then portrayed as new photos. So yeah....That wasnt a trump policy, and pretty much the definition of what some may call "fake news"

We have already hashed that discussion in this thread. Even californication said he got that one partially wrong. Ill take even the slightest contrition from that dude as a positive.

Edited by Quest4Nes

Just now, MrWunderful said:

Vox i'm just not going to click on principle. The other doesn't really give much of anything to prove Trump himself is racist, more so interested in poisoning the well by associating his supporters with White Supremacy. However it, and the study linked(which instantly makes it better sourced than Huffpo) do provide these:

“Our great African-American President hasn’t exactly had a positive impact on the
thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore.”

Not racist in and of itself. Seemingly used because it'd trip the people who think Thug=Black man, or otherwise read into it more than intended.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending people
that have lots of problems. ... They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re
rapists. And some,  assume, are good people

I would assume he's referring to the cartels, but it's so poorly worded that there's room for interpretation.

Honestly just feels like a reach to call him racist, instead of, well, stupid, especially now that we're approaching Year 4 of his presidency, having seen it first hand.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PineappleLawnchair said:

Vox i'm just not going to click on principle. The other doesn't really give much of anything to prove Trump himself is racist, more so interested in poisoning the well by associating his supporters with White Supremacy. However it, and the study linked(which instantly makes it better sourced than Huffpo) do provide these:

Not racist in and of itself. Seemingly used because it'd trip the people who think Thug=Black man, or otherwise read into it more than intended.

I would assume he's referring to the cartels, but it's so poorly worded that there's room for interpretation.

Honestly just feels like a reach to call him racist, instead of, well, stupid, especially now that we're approaching Year 4 of his presidency, having seen it first hand.

So not going to dispute or prove any of it wrong, just not going to read it? At least you are honest. But if you arent going to back anything up with evidence, and just not read, its pointless anyways. 

Heres some more for anyone that cares:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/588067/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/15/opinion/leonhardt-trump-racist.html

hand.

• Like 1

I think the Dems need to consider a new dark horse candiates since they are now acting like a pack of sharks  turning on each other in a feeding frenzy.  Can't bode well.  

Perhaps this fine fellow can be at last persuaded to throw his hat in the ring.  I know he was touted as a real contender in some quarters when he was thinking about it originally.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/04/avenatti-announces-that-he-will-not-run-for-president-in-2020-1043388

4 minutes ago, PineappleLawnchair said:

You wanted to know my thoughts on the news articles, and you got exactly that. Vox is not worth reading, double so considering i just went through Huffpo.

Cool. I gave a few more in case you wanted to dispute any of the evidence that Trump in fact is a racist. 

Unless you are just going to tell me that those arent worth reading as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

I think the Dems need to consider a new dark horse candiates since they are now acting like a pack of sharks  turning on each other in a feeding frenzy.  Can't bode well.  

Perhaps this fine fellow can be at last persuaded to throw his hat in the ring.  I know he was touted as a real contender in some quarters when he was thinking about it originally.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/04/avenatti-announces-that-he-will-not-run-for-president-in-2020-1043388

They're not all real candidates.  Let's take a check.  Any democrats in here think Bloomberg is a real democratic candidate?  Anyone in here even willing to consider voting for him?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rooster said:

They're not all real candidates.  Let's take a check.  Any democrats in here think Bloomberg is a real democratic candidate?  Anyone in here even willing to consider voting for him?

Atleast as much as I despise bloomberg, he is spending his own money spending like a maniac.

Bernie Sanders is promising everyone under the sun. Hes basically trying to buy the oval office with tax payer money.

51 minutes ago, Rooster said:

It is possible that he siphons off enough votes to affect the winner of some primaries/caucuses (if they are very close) - and maybe skew things a bit at the convention.

4 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

Doesnt really hold the weight it used to like i said because your team throws it out after every single thing said. Just because your team repeats it every 10 seconds doesnt make it more true.

Is that really how you view everything? In terms of teams? And your "side" has to win?

No wonder we're in what we're in.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Atleast as much as I despise bloomberg, he is spending his own money spending like a maniac.

Bernie Sanders is promising everyone under the sun. Hes basically trying to buy the oval office with tax payer money.

It is baffling how you can accuse the candidate with the largest base of buying the election while giving props to the guy with unlimited funds who can outspend everyone else combined without breaking a sweat. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

It is baffling how you can accuse the candidate with the largest base of buying the election while giving props to the guy with unlimited funds who can outspend everyone else combined without breaking a sweat. 

? lol wut 

re read the statement one more time. Or Im not sure what point you are trying to prove

Edited by Quest4Nes