IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

It is February 12th here in New Zealand, so that means Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury has released! Today's my day off so could not have been released on a better day. I didn't preorder it, but when I went to EB Games to get it I was also given the steelbook. The photo doesn't really do it justice, it looks amazing in person. The dotted background behind the characters is shiny. 

I also got Everybody's Golf: World Tour for the PS3. Golf games are a weird guilty pleasure and this is the last one I needed for the PS3. It's eluded me for a few years and one finally popped up for a price I was happy with. I don't know if it's rare but it's definitely uncommon. 

0ECCA9DF-ABA9-4E85-B420-5842B3893153.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

13 minutes ago, NZCollector said:

It is February 12th here in New Zealand, so that means Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury has released! Today's my day off so could not have been released on a better day. I didn't preorder it, but when I went to EB Games to get it I was also given the steelbook. The photo doesn't really do it justice, it looks amazing in person. The dotted background behind the characters is shiny. 

I also got Everybody's Golf: World Tour for the PS3. Golf games are a weird guilty pleasure and this is the last one I needed for the PS3. It's eluded me for a few years and one finally popped up for a price I was happy with. I don't know if it's rare but it's definitely uncommon. 

Enjoy. I’m glad they re released this one because it is an amazing game and definitely one of the best Mario’s ever released imo. I’m going to grab it at some point to replay it and also check out the added content.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Shmup said:

Enjoy. I’m glad they re released this one because it is an amazing game and definitely one of the best Mario’s ever released imo. I’m going to grab it at some point to replay it and also check out the added content.

It's definitely up there for me too. It'd be amazing if Nintendo put 3D Land onto the Switch too, but that's unlikely. 

Having finished the first world I can say it's better than the WiiU version. The visuals look crisper, and the controls feel more refined. 

Edited by NZCollector
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NZCollector said:

It's definitely up there for me too. It'd be amazing if Nintendo put 3D Land onto the Switch too, but that's unlikely. 

Having finished the first world I can say it's better than the WiiU version. The visuals look crisper, and the controls feel more refined. 

I actually ended up buying it after seeing your post. Can’t wait to re visit it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Yeah they were bundled in issues 111-116 but nowadays they are almost always missing from those issues so I had to go hunting for them separately 

The full run is just 7 issues? I know I have a few of them. I wonder how close I am to a full set. Would have hooked you up w/ any you had missing that I had, had I known you were looking for them.

5 minutes ago, noiseredux said:

The full run is just 7 issues? I know I have a few of them. I wonder how close I am to a full set. Would have hooked you up w/ any you had missing that I had, had I known you were looking for them.

6 not 7. And I wasn’t really looking for them. It was just a deal I couldn’t pass up.

Got a few more CIB Master System games:
fSxLyysh.jpg

Got more CIB Mega Drive/Genesis games: 
On the second pic there's 16 cardboard games. There's a total of 19 of them and I'm missing only one.
MgUG1bRh.jpg

rPsjMd4h.jpg

Finally found a CIB Brazilian copy of Pokémon Yellow and a CIB Super Star Wars for Super Famicom.
ghW7abch.jpg

And found a very good looking SNES DKC set. It's missing the manuals for the console and for the game but it's not hard to find them.
The serial number of the box matches the one on the console.

DCGXx8Mh.jpg dQlQFrvh.jpg 7937iyKh.jpg 9oGCIc4h.jpg

Edited by Galdius
  • Like 4
  • Wow! 3

On 2/11/2021 at 6:25 PM, NZCollector said:

I think 3D Land will be locked to the 3DS only bc the 3D in that game is outstanding and completely necessary. Anyone who plays that game with the 3D off is missing at least half of the experience. 

I wish the would've added post game content to 3D World like they did in 3D Land. Remixed levels, a minus world, a bonus world are all things that have been left behind from 3D Land that were really defining features of the gameplay experience. I remember shidding when the entire game opened back up with remixed and brand new levels, for all 8 world. 

• Like 2

Finally have some good imagery to share, enjoy.  The first image was my first take from yahoo japan auctions using an excellent broker.  I know a fair few of those are not legible both with size and well language.  The bottom row is why, specially the center 2 (Miracle Adventure of Esparks and Money Idol Exchanger) is why I went on it, the rest, gravy.  May keep that R-Type haven't decided, rest I'll drop to recoup the expense some.

Image below, that happened today.  GBC is entirely complete on most inserts but the actual manual, came with the games there too for $100.  Seems some old lady bought it for her grandkids, barely used it, almost spotless other than a few light marks on the lens.  I'm going to make that mine, new screen and glass lens coming up.

The Quake II box, was $10 at a goodwill at first, they didn't bother to see the game was snaked, they let me have it for a dollar (I already had the CD anyway so yay! on that.)

And finally for $10 at a half price, anyone remember NA's @thesubcon3 three working on that book enough of us here helped contribute a little to? I see he's with us here, happy to get that book, it's unused too so it'll be a fun browse.

jp-imports-feb12zenmarket1.JPG.4d6b4edfbc5d6c4890ccf205dabdb805.JPGgbcboxed-games-etc-feb13.JPG.5cc26c76d1093281024b9094279e2104.JPG

• Like 5

My first Switch import, the Aleste Collection. I don't have any particular fondness for Aleste, but I wanted to complete my Game Gear Micro collection. The family's finally all together! I also grabbed the new SMB Amiibo and Super Mario 3D World which I've always wanted to play.

tuDvTcM.jpg

iukJRmA.jpg

x5E2u74.jpg

And of course more Sega CD, 32X, and Genesis stuff. Big thanks to @final fight cd.

ggpm4bH.jpg

Kjts7a1.jpg

U8ePlWW.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

My first Switch import, the Aleste Collection. I don't have any particular fondness for Aleste, but I wanted to complete my Game Gear Micro collection. The family's finally all together! I also grabbed the new SMB Amiibo and Super Mario 3D World which I've always wanted to play.

tuDvTcM.jpg

iukJRmA.jpg

x5E2u74.jpg

And of course more Sega CD, 32X, and Genesis stuff. Big thanks to @final fight cd.

ggpm4bH.jpg

Kjts7a1.jpg

U8ePlWW.jpg

Nice! Robo and Android are great Sega cd exclusives.  It seems like silpheed gets a lot of love, but I think it’s by far the weakest shmup on the system.   It’s actually pretty hard too. One of the few shmups I could never beat.  But might have more to do with the fact the game could not hold my attention to learn it. 

• Like 2

On 2/11/2021 at 3:23 PM, NZCollector said:

What's the book about?