IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

1 hour ago, Renmauzo said:

Oh wow, thanks for posting these! That's really cool; I thought the disc variants were exclusive to Magic Knight Rayearth. I just went and checked and it seems I have the Lunar disc on the  bottom left and the Dragon Force on the top right (damn, that bottom right version with the dragon is the coolest though) I feel like I learn something new every time I go into a thread around here, lol. Well, just like the NA days I suppose when I think about it.

You are indeed welcome!

I think some of the other Working Design games for the PS1 had variant art discs also - maybe the Lunars there too - never got into collecting variants for the PS1 - just one example of each.

The Dragon Force dragon disc is my favorite also.

Edited by Tabonga

10 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

I think some of the other Working Design games for the PS1 had variant art discs also - maybe the Lunars there too - never got into collecting variants for the PS1 - just one example of each.

The Dragon Force dragon disc is my favorite also.

I'm certain all the PS1 games had variant discs. I really thought they did a wonderful job with the Saturn game Albert Odyssey. Unfortunately the game was mostly forgetful, apart from the music. Holy heck, is the music awesome...

• Like 2

Picked up discs of Gears of War 2, Devil May Cry 4, and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Xbox 360.

Also went thrifting and got CIB copies of Dragon Age II and Halo Reach. I discovered after that Halo Reach had a disc for Halo 3 as well. Score!

4F5505BD-54DA-4BC1-BF38-56E5FFCAEDE0.jpeg

CA6D4C0B-DD95-4BB4-A5F2-3BFC0CED65C0.jpeg

AE947C3D-120E-4906-AC1B-60389BBCA40C.jpeg

E32732BB-924C-4187-BFA1-E95EDFC42A5F.jpeg

EDIT:

Just did a bit of research and it seems the Halo 3 disc is from the limited edition. Double score!

Edited by croagunk
  • Like 5

On 1/19/2021 at 9:58 PM, Tanooki said:

Take a lightest setting soldering iron over the ribbon where it touches into the LCD horizontally with pressure, see if you can get it to wake those lines up.  50/50 it'll work, if not it's probably a chip issue on that ribbon and it's finished.  Then just drop the $50-60 for a backlight LCD/pcb replacement and use it in the dark. 😄

I finally got around to fixing the screen. I'd never attempted this before, so it was a bit nerve wracking. It took a couple minutes but I was able to get all the lines working again at 200° C. I probably could have gone a little hotter but didn't want to melt anything. I never took a picture of the screen before but the far left 7/8 lines were out and here's the results.

IMG_20210204_145154689.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Aguy said:

I finally got around to fixing the screen. I'd never attempted this before, so it was a bit nerve wracking. It took a couple minutes but I was able to get all the lines working again at 200° C. I probably could have gone a little hotter but didn't want to melt anything. I never took a picture of the screen before but the far left 7/8 lines were out and here's the results.

Good job, and good stopping point on the heat, any warmer and that thin ribbon would look like some microwaved bacon....crispy, curly, and 100% fubar. 😄  Same happens way too much to morons trying to fix their Virtual Boy eye piece ribbons since the tools at Nintendo for once did a piss poor build GLUING not soldering them to the little PCB the LED sits on.  The old rule was low heat oven bake, then people tried to do the soldering iron, and in both cases over minimum heat they curl and split with the super thin copper traces spreading everywhere.  It should last for a while hopefully, I'd still suggest a new screen in there.  Shell doesn't look bad, grating needs a cleaning though and I think your lens maybe scuffed up but a nice $5 piece of glass would fix that permanently.

Massive haul today. EB Games put all these games on sale for $1. Blazing Angels: Squadron of WWII for Wii. Call of Juarez: The Cartel, Assassin’s Creed III, Halo Wars, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham Origins, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged, and Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360. The Chatpad was $0.45.

513FA0A9-F600-4C44-A2CB-AD64FF9A8C98.jpeg

• Like 5

So, I finally upgraded my GBA's screen and went ahead an got a new case for it as well to, essentially, remake it as if it were new.  Here's a picture of the original case and the upgraded GBA.  The new screen makes the system as different as night and day.  No more straining my eyes to play!  

NEGzTKY.jpg

And here are two multi carts for the SNES that I got.  280 games between the two carts...

4rMGQb7.jpg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I've never played any Sega CD, but I will say that the cases do look pretty cool, especially when you line em up like that @DoctorEncore.

Yeah, that's one thing I didn't expect to like so much when I started on this set. The really colorful front art combined with the blue stripe looks really clean. Sadly, the spines don't display nearly as well due to the non-uniformity of the "Sega CD" labeling. The gray logo looks especially ugly. I'll definitely post a pic when I get the set filled out.

• Like 3

Massive haul today as well. These Xbox 360 games were $1 each. Brutal Legend, Medal of Honor, Conflict: Denied Ops, Nat Geo TV, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Too Human, Halo 3 ODST, Mass Effect 3, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (with bonus Endwar sneak peek disc), Velvet Assassin, Dragon’s Dogma, Resident Evil 5, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, Call of Juarez, and Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. The Aly & AJ Adventure for DS was $1 as well. Also picked up a new copy of SNK 40th Anniversary Collection for the Switch for $20.

1CAFC711-A819-4779-AF64-7BC96D79B648.jpeg

55E7DD21-A92A-4F2B-8058-5A8C9EE38E88.jpeg

568DE10D-47C9-400B-A0CB-EF9D20D41682.jpeg

96DF1F3A-1359-4827-81AB-C534485AE070.jpeg

24BBCD81-6D29-4E47-8B54-7ADD52359A7C.jpeg

063D5FEC-95DB-4165-9D96-0EA21D516520.jpeg

E56018C2-C494-4DF3-8B6F-549D87917E2F.jpeg

89E20D09-5412-4D55-9214-3DB09E96C20F.jpeg

695F584A-9A0D-4914-8F1A-B8B174986115.jpeg

A4FBEF8B-8700-4F21-94D4-94FEF67FA71D.jpeg

E23306E8-7105-4BAC-B884-9D8C9E686EB0.jpeg

DB715158-13EA-43B6-AF54-57C7E467FE4B.jpeg

• Like 7

Late night pickups post!

Saw an opportunity to pickup a sealed Shantae:HGH bundle for a great price after I had sold off a CIB one before, along with another game I didn't already have... chipping away at the Wii U library, begrudgingly 🙂 also, my haul from the latest Red Art Games warehouse sale came in. I don't know if I will keep a couple of these but I'm at least happy to have Vectronom finally. 

spacer.png

Some various finds, all at good prices... Fairy Tail was a FB Marketplace deal for $67.50 but I haven't decided what to do with it... will probably end up swapping it for something I really want. Kirby's Dream Land 2 was... a long story. It's in worse condition than what I was hoping for but after looking for this for soooo long and finally finding it for just $120 I'm mostly relieved. 

spacer.png

Picked up this Ubisoft plush that was meant to promote their online Petz game but also their DS games. 

spacer.png

Completed my Pokemon Power set with a bundle find: 

spacer.png

A few pickups... Pokemon XD is missing the booklets but the price was great, now I'm just hunting those down. The other GameCube games were all from one game store. The two Wii games were a couple sealed finds in a private deal. 

spacer.png

First and last time I will use Ship to Shore Phono Co, happy to have these albums but the two 12" albums are both damaged in one corner: 

spacer.png

Got these toys in a local deal, eventually I will find time to enjoy them: 

spacer.png

Finally have a sealed Captain Toad and a couple other games I needed. Pac-Man even comes with the bonus poster: 

spacer.png

More nice finds: 

spacer.png

And I also picked this up, it's also missing manuals, but for the price it was good: 

spacer.png

That's all for now!

• Like 11

No new video game stuff. As of right now I am holding off until I either complete my Dragon Quest goals or abandon that just to get what I already have graded. But I did get these last Monday.

WPS1-2.jpg.47d0a519b91b2cd1e20194b197eb8dcf.jpg

Detective Conan: Police Academy Arc - Wild Police Story (complete)

I am big fan of Detective Conan despite the fact I never got into the games. But the manga? Way too much to collect. So I decided to get these since I also like the side-story content. And this one is the latest (of three) that was supervised by Gosho Aoyama (the creator).

TRPG-1.jpg.719a84059f1f9a661adfc34557cfdbfe.jpg

KonoSuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! TRPG

I wanted to revise my TRPG collecting days but could not figure out which one is a good fit for me. This won me over because it has a good system, character creation looks to be fun, and Tappei Nagatsuki (Re:Zero − Starting Life in Another World) was one of the players in the game play scenario.

Between the fact it has MMORPG-like elements, and is an isekai-themed series, I wonder who here would want to do a Video Game Sage crossover. 🤔

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Like 3