IGNORED

"I am shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here....."

Tabonga

What are your favorite lines from movies?   The movie doesn't have to be famous - just has an interesting line(s) of dialogue that you liked. Please give the character's (or characters) name, movie title and year of movie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"At the first sight of an Indian camp what you think is I see the dump, where's the camp?" -  Jack Crabb - Little Big Man (1970).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The title of the thread was spoken by Captain Renault from Casablanca (1942).)

Edited by Wandering Tellurian

Homebrew Team · Posted
5 hours ago, Wandering Tellurian said:

The title of the thread was spoken by Captain Renault from Casablanca

So laughing at the "Truman Show" moment of this.  I was just rewatching Casablanca last night.

"Listen up, ladies and gentlemen. Our fugitive has been on the run for 90 minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground, barring injuries, is 4 miles-an-hour. That gives us a radius of six miles. What I want out of each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive’s name is Dr. Richard Kimble. Go get him." - Deputy Gerard, The Fugitive

• Like 1

"Oh you crafty little man,  you!  You're quick, very quick.  Never seen a man beat the snake before.  Who are you?  Reflexes, that's what you've got.  Me I've got brains.

A fella - a quick fella might have a weapon under there.  I'd have to pin his head to the panel.  "

The Gyro Captain - The Road Warrior 1981.

I am still trying to figure out how the Gyro Captain buried himself under the sand without leaving a visible patch on the surface.

Edited by Wandering Tellurian
  • Like 1

Leaving Las Vegas, 1995

Starring Nicholas Cage as Ben Sanderson and Elizabeth Shue as Sera

Two lines I've always felt were quite strong and deep, and could be interpreted in many ways and in regards to many personal issues and problems and how we choose to overcome them, or to not overcome them. 

[Ben] I don't know if I started drinking 'cause my wife left me or my wife left me 'cause I started drinking.

and

[Sera] Is drinking a way of killing yourself?
    [Ben] Or, is killing myself a way of drinking?

• Like 1

"When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer! "   - Beer Pitchman - Highway To Hell (1991)

This is a really odd movie - pretty obscure and looks like it would have been more comfortable in the early seventies with the likes of Zachariah, Gas-s-s-s or Wild in the Streets.   If you like your movies with more than a twist of the strange and obtuse this might be worth checking out.