IGNORED

The President of the US has been impeached

CodysGameRoom

1 hour ago, NES CONNOISSEUR said:

Trust me ,I can substantiate my position on so many levels ..Liberal ideology contradicts itself everywhere ,trust me I make it one of my passions to refute liberalism ..

Ok I trust you. 

Hit me with some substantiation! I want to hear that passion. But please use citations from reputable sources. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2019 at 11:29 AM, m308gunner said:

As for your characterization of "the majority of his followers", how are you measuring that exactly? 

I suppose I refer to, what I perceive as the majority of rhetoric written and spoken by politicians and citizens alike. Maybe they are a vocal minority, but this is driving things that happen in our political sphere. One might say I was 

group[ing] together certain ideologies [that] tend to come to the forefront and gain the most attention. 

I am not on Trump's "team", but I will confess that I find him amusing on occasion and frustrating on others. He is, however,  a direct reaction to the left's years of overzealous activism. In a very real sense they created him. 

Would you say that is a backlash? Perhaps he is here to help cancel the left? 

Is it not possible Birther Trump was created by the Tea Party’s reaction to the Jeremiah Wright “scandal”? 

Anyway thank you for your reply. I will continue to disagree that we shouldn’t <strikethrough> judge </strikethrough> have opinions about actions and public statements because we don’t know private thoughts. Things don’t exist in a vacuum. 

Edited by Link
  • Like 3

I'll give you this, you love to ask big questions. Even the question "what do you really believe"... a forum like this is too small to fully explore that idea, even when constrained to the issue at hand, because it is so multifaceted. Politics dips it's tentacles into pretty much every facet of modern life (to all our ill I would say) so I'll try to keep things constrained, but prepare for a waist high wall of text regardless. And I'm not sure how one come's to any opinion of worth apart from the input of others, considering how finite and constrained our own experiences are, but I digress.

I guess I like to know what I’m contending with when we’re in contention, as it were. It helps to know through what lens a person views things. I seek to understand a person I’m talking with, and I had some trouble doing that with you. I would guess you had a similar reason for asking where people get their news from, which, tangentially, I don’t recall you answering yourself. Therefore the audience at large may hardly be blamed for finding similarities in your statements and those put forth by Fox News or Breitbart,  a point which might stand even if you don’t come to them by that path, which I did not mean to imply.

I agree that just about everything can be touched by politics, and that opinions are affected by input from others. Or at least, they should be. The Donald seems to lack that latter capacity. I’m not reading his mind. I simply can see that when questioned, he doubles down or denies or resorts to verbal attack, or fires the person if he can. 

Edited by Link

7 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

So what is the general feeling about Trump pardoning a psychopath war criminal?

Well he’s a psychopath* and, y’know, birds of a feather. He also pardoned Sheriff Joe, and Rod Blagojevich**, and Scooter Libby. 

* per the DSM, psychopathy symptoms include:

• Exudes a sense of superiority or arrogance.
  • Impulsive and prone to taking risks or engaging in dangerous behavior with little regard to how it may affect others.
  • Lack of empathy or feelings towards others or a situation.
  • May display hostile, aggressive behavior, or become violent.
  • Being dishonest or lying to people.
  • No regard or care for what is right or wrong.
  • Being irresponsible.
  • Inability to maintain healthy relationships.
  • Lack of regard for rules or societal norms.

I hope I don’t have to claim psychic abilities to say that he exhibits such behavior. 

** oh, a Democrat, he’s so fair and non-partisan, lol. Check what Blago was jailed for. Also, the hair.

6 hours ago, Link said:

Well he’s a psychopath* and, y’know, birds of a feather. He also pardoned Sheriff Joe, and Rod Blagojevich**, and Scooter Libby. 

The only good part of him pardoning that piece of shit, Sheriff Joe, was that accepting a presidential pardon effectively implies you have stated you are guilty of the crimes in order for the pardon to be possible, basically blocking Arpaio from being able to be competitive as a sheriff candidate again versus if he had gone to trial and managed to get an acquittal.

Just now, MrWunderful said:

It’s obvious he did it because he thinks it’s going to score him points with his base. I don’t think he even considered the repercussions or the optics (per usual) SAD!

Clearly he would have no other motivation beyond scoring points with his base on this one.

I'm just curious to hear how supporters would choose to spin it, given the guy was clearly a repeat-offender murderer as reported by those around him.

14 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Ok I trust you. 

Hit me with some substantiation! I want to hear that passion. But please use citations from reputable sources. 

Lol ..It does not take a “rocket scientist “to refute Liberal Ideology ,all of the Liberal politicians I have heard speak with the intelligence  of a 5 year old ...BTW:Your comment “But please use citations from reputable sources “is both Subjective ,as well as a little self-serving ..Because what you consider “reputable “others might not  share  your opinion of what is reputable ,and what isn’t reputable ..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

As opposed to Trump who has been assessed to speak at the level of an 8 or 9-year-old, right?

Ok ..The same man that has made the job economy many times better in comparison to the last administration..The same man who is trying to restore this country to some sort of Christian morality,once again in comparison to the last administration..The same man that has built an empire..What great feat has Obama done ?Hmm let’s see ..He signed an Executive Order to mandate all 50 states to recognize so-called “same sex marriage “,which man CAN NOT “re-define”something he did not define to begin with ..Let’s see the so-called “Obama Care”is broken even by Obama’s own admission,which the above mentioned so-called “healthcare “was forced on religious institutions that “Obama Care “directly violates ..And the fact Obama tried to remove the Cabinet during his 1st term spoke volumes about the man’s intentions for this country ..The list goes on and on ..And please don’t get me started with Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders ..

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, NES CONNOISSEUR said:

Lol ..It does not take a “rocket scientist “to refute Liberal Ideology ,all of the Liberal politicians I have heard speak with the intelligence  of a 5 year old ...BTW:Your comment “But please use citations from reputable sources “is both Subjective ,as well as a little self-serving ..Because what you consider “reputable “others might not  share  your opinion of what is reputable ,and what isn’t reputable ..

See...this is where I want to address intellectual dishonesty.  If you disagree with policies, or liberal platforms, ok sure, that is absolutely your prerogative and I don't even have the time nor want to argue with it.

For example - hate Obama all you want, but I don't think most people can legitimately and reasonably actually argue that he isn't intelligent.  He is well-traveled, well-educated, a graduate of Columbia and Harvard Law, elected to multiple local offices and elected and served not once, but twice as President of the US.

If people disagree with his platform, ideology, motivations, or even sincerity - ok, sure, that is up to each individual and what they believe and perceive.  But let's at least have the decency to be honest and fair.  I would never say something like "all conservative politicians speak with the intelligence of a 5-year old," because it would be ludicrous, wildly inaccurate, and painting with a broad and generalized brush.  

There are "good guys" and "bad guys" on both ends of the political spectrum.  Let's please not deceive ourselves and others into thinking that one end is perfect and the other is trash. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, NES CONNOISSEUR said:

Facts arent subjective. Just site your sources, and everyone can decide for themselves. 

Im not asking for rocket science, just fact based arguments. 

40 minutes ago, NES CONNOISSEUR said:

Ok ..The same man that has made the job economy many times better in comparison to the last administration..The same man who is trying to restore this country to some sort of Christian morality,once again in comparison to the last administration..The same man that has built an empire..What great feat has Obama done ?Hmm let’s see ..He signed an Executive Order to mandate all 50 states to recognize so-called “same sex marriage “,which man CAN NOT “re-define”something he did not define to begin with ..Let’s see the so-called “Obama Care”is broken even by Obama’s own admission,which the above mentioned so-called “healthcare “was forced on religious institutions that “Obama Care “directly violates ..And the fact Obama tried to remove the Cabinet during his 1st term spoke volumes about the man’s intentions for this country ..The list goes on and on ..And please don’t get me started with Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders ..

Drop the "whataboutism".  Obama isn't the president right now and he isn't the one being impeached.

But to suggest that Trump is "trying to restore this country to some sort of Christian morality" is absolutely grotesque.

He is probably one of the least fit people on earth to claim any kind of moral authority, and the evangelical "leaders" praising him as one have sold their souls to do so.

Though also worth noting that your objection to same-sex marriage (which provides rather important insurance, tax, and inheritance benefits) seems to completely misunderstand the founding values of a separation of church and state.

That particular point, in no way, represents any kind of moral erosion.  Rather it represents a more fair and equitable application of the legal system to couples that previously had no legal status while materially being in the same living/relationship situation as heterosexual couples.

Edited by arch_8ngel
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Ok ..The same man that has made the job economy many times better in comparison to the last administration..

Nothing he's done has drastically improved the economy. He's riding a trend that continued past the end of the Obama administration.

https://www.businessinsider.com/9-charts-comparing-trump-economy-to-obama-bush-administrations-2019-9#trade-is-one-of-trumps-signature-issues-despite-his-aggressive-trade-moves-the-total-monthly-trade-deficit-in-goods-and-services-that-is-the-value-of-goods-and-services-exported-by-the-us-minus-the-value-of-imports-has-gotten-larger-in-the-last-couple-years-9

The only thing you can say is that he hasn't fucked it up (yet.)

The same man who is trying to restore this country to some sort of Christian morality,once again in comparison to the last administration..

Is that why there are divisions forming in the evangelical community over him? Or why younger people are dropping organized Christian churches like a load of bad asphalt?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-religion/christianity-todays-split-with-trump-highlights-deeper-issue-in-white-evangelical-america-idUSKBN1YX09N

BTW, I've heard the same thing about Bush bringing back Christian morality. From my view, "Morality", however you define it, isn't really something that's a presidential issue.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

But to suggest that Trump is "trying to restore this country to some sort of Christian morality" is absolutely grotesque.

Hey, the Spanish Inquisition was representative of "Christian morality" of a certain era, so you can't say he's just making it up as he goes, right?  😜

Editorials Team · Posted

None of this matters anyways.  Look at our Christian friend here as proof.  While his base further entrenches with every new incident, Trump just has to continue moving key needles on the economy and demonizing the evil liberal boogeymans and he'll have 2020 in the bag.

Christian morality

God doesn't exist. Provide factual evidence showing otherwise. Also, please review Separation of Church and State.

same sex marriage “,which man CAN NOT “re-define”something he did not define to begin with

Man did define marriage... marriage is a lawful union created by man...

Obama

Nothing worse than people who bring up former presidents when discussing the shortcomings of current ones. 

speak with the intelligence  of a 5 year old

I hope your own spelling and grammar on this forum is not indicative of your own speech patterns.

Sigh, I don't even know why I'm replying to what is clearly a troll.

I think because the thread went so long without a troll, we got into the habit of thinking people were coming from a genuine place of wanting to have an intelligent discussion based on facts and reason.

1 hour ago, arch_8ngel said:

Drop the "whataboutism".  Obama isn't the president right now and he isn't the one being impeached.

He is probably one of the least fit people on earth to claim any kind of moral authority, and the evangelical "leaders" praising him as one have sold their souls to do so.

Though also worth noting that your objection to same-sex marriage (which provides rather important insurance, tax, and inheritance benefits) seems to completely misunderstand the founding values of a separation of church and state.

That particular point, in no way, represents any kind of moral erosion.  Rather it represents a more fair and equitable application of the legal system to couples that previously had no legal status while materially being in the same living/relationship situation as heterosexual couples.

I first found the post to which you replied to be disgusting and was going to just leave it alone.  Then I thought I wanted to say something.  Then I scrolled down and saw you already had 🙂  So thanks for articulating that response and saving me the time and emotional energy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1