IGNORED

How to dispense with things when you're gone...

Moderator · Posted
2 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

That's long gone man.  I traded that over a decade ago.  Got what I considered at the time to be a good trade, though considering what I could get nowadays I don't thing Chip & Dale 2, the Dungeon Magic strategy guide and $100 US was really enough.

I think that’s still fine. @Nintendopower4ever has one on eBay for $600 which isn’t too far from what you got for yours. 

Just now, the_wizard_666 said:

Maybe, but you would likely not be at the funeral lol

I intend to stand off at some distance, alone, wearing a black brimmed hat, and carrying a mysterious briefcase. As the rain starts to pour down and the priest and rest of the mourners disperse, I will slowly stride towards your grave, black umbrella held aloft. Once I am upon your final resting place, I will check that I remain unobserved before placing a single red rose on your gravestone along with an unmarked envelope. The note inside the envelope comprises three words:

"Morby did it."

RIP in peace, friend. 😢

• Haha 5

On 1/8/2024 at 2:32 AM, OptOut said:

I intend to stand off at some distance, alone, wearing a black brimmed hat, and carrying a mysterious briefcase. As the rain starts to pour down and the priest and rest of the mourners disperse, I will slowly stride towards your grave, black umbrella held aloft. Once I am upon your final resting place, I will check that I remain unobserved before placing a single red rose on your gravestone along with an unmarked envelope. The note inside the envelope comprises three words:

"Morby did it."

RIP in peace, friend. 😢

He does have a bunch of really rare NES guides that I dream about at night... just saying... 🤔

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
21 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I don't have time now, I have to go to work but I'm going to send you a message tonight.

Hey man just a heads up every time you do this it looks a bit shady. 

I dunno if you intend to send him advice, but if so it'd be nice to share with the rest of the class. It's a forum, so kinda the whole point is that we're out here sharing info with each other on topics like this. 

On the flip, and based on your past similar posts, one has to assume you're gonna message him with something like "I'll buy everything you've got" or worse yet "I want specifically your rare things". 

The vagueness of your post leaves it to personal interpretation and every time you make a post like this in a thread where someone is asking for advice (and not saying "hey who wants to buy my stuff?") at least a few people I imagine roll their eyes and go "this fuckin guy again". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

I would say trim down the collection now while you are still feeling somewhat better.  Put the money in a trust for your nieces.  With these interest rates it will grow quite nicely until they are ready to use/need the money.  Of course keep the sentimental stuff and Everdrives still so you can play the games you want.  Just my two cents.

Edited by tbone3969
  • Agree 1

If I had no one that shared the interest but had family who would likely have to sell my shit, I’d probably just take the time to document how to come up with a valuation per game or just what I think the current value of the stuff is and have them add a couple points per year since it was created or update it regularly. What we know isn’t really rocket science no matter how smart we think we are. I’d leave a contact for them on here with my username and password so they can seek advice. I’d let them know they aren’t going to get 100% of value no matter how they shake it out and should sell in one go if possible for 50-60% of retail value. I’d did the same thing with our finances and printed it out for my wife just in case the worst happens to me. Take the time to write stuff down and share it! 

My contact for them would be @MrWunderful cause he is a cool dude and bang bang niner fan for life. @Reed Rothchild is too busy making lists lmao. @skinnygrinny would be a close second cause he is the only person in Florida I’d trust hahaha

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gloves said:

I dunno if you intend to send him advice, but if so it'd be nice to share with the rest of the class. It's a forum, so kinda the whole point is that we're out here sharing info with each other on topics like this. 

On the flip, and based on your past similar posts, one has to assume you're gonna message him with something like "I'll buy everything you've got" or worse yet "I want specifically your rare things". 

The vagueness of your post leaves it to personal interpretation and every time you make a post like this in a thread where someone is asking for advice (and not saying "hey who wants to buy my stuff?") at least a few people I imagine roll their eyes and go "this fuckin guy again". 

It's cool man.  He's actually local to me, we've met in person.  Hell, I dumped his Tengen chips for him.  Whether he's testing the waters for some of the rarities I own or offering advice, I'm okay with anything he might come at me with.  Besides, posting threads like this is bound to get the vultures circling.  It comes with the territory 😆 

• Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

It's cool man.  He's actually local to me, we've met in person.  Hell, I dumped his Tengen chips for him.  Whether he's testing the waters for some of the rarities I own or offering advice, I'm okay with anything he might come at me with.  Besides, posting threads like this is bound to get the vultures circling.  It comes with the territory 😆 

In this instance that may well be the case, but I just wanted to share with him cuz he's said before he cares about how he's presenting himself, and it's not the first time he's come into a thread where someone is like "does anyone know what I have here?" and he's like "pmed". Just genuinely looking out, not policing it in this case. 

2 hours ago, Gloves said:

Nailed it!

26 minutes ago, Gloves said:

In this instance that may well be the case, but I just wanted to share with him cuz he's said before he cares about how he's presenting himself, and it's not the first time he's come into a thread where someone is like "does anyone know what I have here?" and he's like "pmed". Just genuinely looking out, not policing it in this case. 

In fairness, I more or less know the value of my stuff.  I don't 100% know what all I have, but on the off chance I part with anything, I ain't giving shit away for pennies lol

18 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

So here's a thought...

Why not give a portion of the games to the girls now, when they have the time and desire to enjoy them?  Ten, twenty years from now, the opportunity may already have passed.

Cause they would pawn it off for makeup, the beauty shop, lululemon, huge metal cups, or whatever else girls are into these days 😂