IGNORED

The 2024 Backlog Challenge

Reed Rothchild

Editorials Team · Posted

I completely agree, and had that epiphany several years ago.

The perfect example is Project X Zone.  I have it in my collection because I found it cheap, it's an interesting little curioso, and it's in a sharp-looking compact package that goes nice on the shelf with the other matching 3DS spines.  It's planned to be a permanent piece of the collection.

BUT, I'm also perfectly aware that it's (allegedly) mediocre at best, and rather lengthy, and the odds are super long that I'd love it.  Simply put, I would be a fool to waste time on it.  40 hours spent there would be 40 hours that could go towards Tears of the Kingdom, or Persona 5, or some other game where there is a 10000% better chance I have a lovely time. 

So for that reason I will never play it, never include it on the backlog, and never give it another thought.  The spreadsheet I maintain even color codes games that fit this use case.

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
52 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I need to add a new tag to my collection site - "Shelf Candy". xD

My xls columns at the moment are:

• Completed (any amount of beaten)
  • Abandoned (this could mean a lot of things)
  • Elsewhere (ie beat the remastered Shadow Man on Switch = N64 cart is off the hook)
  • Candidate (for one of the imminent future backlog challenge lists)
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

The perfect example is Project X Zone...

Heeeey! It's an RPG I've played! Let's see if I can sway you one way or another:

Even though the 60ish-man roster of playable characters is full of a bunch of big names and perinneal favorites, dialogue bounces from character to character so that none of them are left out. However, this also means no one really gets a whole bunch of screentime. It's similar to when a tv show has a crossover episode and characters from both universes are finishing each others' sentences to ensure everyone gets some spotlight.

Also, because they're weaving so many universes together, I found the story to be somewhat milquetoast. However, that may be because lots of lore and story were established in the PS2 game, Namco X Capcom, which never saw an English release. There are those out there who disagree and say the lore and story are great, but I'm not a "story" or a "lore" guy.

Battle-wise, I really enjoyed the enemy juggling mechanic. It really made the battles engaging; the better you did, the more damage you did. Each character's attacks also have different timing, so you had to really be familiar with the roster to keep juggling the enemy as long as possible. I liked the depth it added, and it made it stand out amongst more standard tactical RPGs. However, because of the massive roster size, maps and stages balloon in size. Towards the end, they can easily take an hour to clear.

If any that sounds somewhat interesting, give it a try. One or two battles will give you a good indication of what the entire game will be like. If you like the battle system but want a smaller roster and more focused story, Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier's battle system is similar, but you only have 7 main characters (if I'm remembering correctly). IMO, the story is also better and a little more cohesive in Endless Frontier.

I beat the game close to ten years ago, so my memory might be a bit fuzzy. Based on my feelings and memories towards it, I'd probably give it somewhere between a 7-8, but I think you're a harsher grader than I for RPGs. Most of that high grade is from the roster and battle system. If neither speak to you, you're right in assuming that you won't love it.

Edit: booted it up. It took 65 hours to beat.

Edited by Philosoraptor
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, Philosoraptor said:

Heeeey! It's an RPG I've played! Let's see if I can sway you one way or another:

Even though the 60ish-man roster of playable characters is full of a bunch of big names and perinneal favorites, dialogue bounces from character to character so that none of them are left out. However, this also means no one really gets a whole bunch of screentime. It's similar to when a tv show has a crossover episode and characters from both universes are finishing each others' sentences to ensure everyone gets some spotlight.

Also, because they're weaving so many universes together, I found the story to be somewhat milquetoast. However, that may be because lots of lore and story were established in the PS2 game, Namco X Capcom, which never saw an English release. There are those out there who disagree and say the lore and story are great, but I'm not a "story" or a "lore" guy.

Battle-wise, I really enjoyed the enemy juggling mechanic. It really made the battles engaging; the better you did, the more damage you did. Each character's attacks also have different timing, so you had to really be familiar with the roster to keep juggling the enemy as long as possible. I liked the depth it added, and it made it stand out amongst more standard tactical RPGs. However, because of the massive roster size, maps and stages balloon in size. Towards the end, they can easily take an hour to clear.

If any that sounds somewhat interesting, give it a try. One or two battles will give you a good indication of what the entire game will be like. If you like the battle system but want a smaller roster and more focused story, Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier's battle system is similar, but you only have 7 main characters (if I'm remembering correctly). IMO, the story is also better and a little more cohesive in Endless Frontier.

I beat the game close to ten years ago, so my memory might be a bit fuzzy. Based on my feelings and memories towards it, I'd probably give it somewhere between a 7-8, but I think you're a harsher grader than I for RPGs. Most of that high grade is from the roster and battle system. If neither speak to you, you're right in assuming that you won't love it.

Edit: booted it up. It took 65 hours to beat.

I agree with most of this, since funny enough Project X Zone was one of the games I knocked out on my list last year. I went into it while only being surface familiar (Smash/other crossover games/know from cultural osmosis) with most of the characters/games. The late/end game I was taking about 1-2 hours per stage and I found the battle system kinda repetitive at that point, so I was getting burnt out because there wasn't anything I really liked at that point. I would have definitely enjoyed it a lot more if it was only 40 hours or so instead of 65; I also think I'll enjoy PXZ2 a lot more simply because there's characters I'm actually familiar with in it.

I'd like to have more shelf candy, but I kinda feel bad spending money on games that I don't play even though that's like 80% of my backlog right now. It's a funny mentality thing too, since I don't mind collector's editions or figures or like, but the idea of buying a Japanese Mario & Luigi game to display and not play bothers me.

On the current state of my backlog list, I am currently ignoring it in favor of replaying/grinding in another game. Excellent. Of course, as long as I'm enjoying myself that's really all that matters, but I'll probably push myself to start Inazuma Eleven 2 or Attack of the Friday Monsters soon. I should get back into Devil Survivor as well, but I'm finding for some reason I can't really play SMT games in one go like I do for other RPGs and I'm not sure why. Decision paralysis over demon fusion maybe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I completely agree, and had that epiphany several years ago.

The perfect example is Project X Zone.  I have it in my collection because I found it cheap, it's an interesting little curioso, and it's in a sharp-looking compact package that goes nice on the shelf with the other matching 3DS spines.  It's planned to be a permanent piece of the collection.

BUT, I'm also perfectly aware that it's (allegedly) mediocre at best, and rather lengthy, and the odds are super long that I'd love it.  Simply put, I would be a fool to waste time on it.  40 hours spent there would be 40 hours that could go towards Tears of the Kingdom, or Persona 5, or some other game where there is a 10000% better chance I have a lovely time. 

So for that reason I will never play it, never include it on the backlog, and never give it another thought.  The spreadsheet I maintain even color codes games that fit this use case.

It might still be worth firing it up one day on a lark.  It may not be super appealing to you, but the longshot odds are not zero.  Could be a favorite-in-waiting.

• Like 1

first clear of the new year! 
Wario Land: Shake It! for the Wii has been conquered. While this one had the best look of the series (it really leaned in to the cartoon graphics), it was probably my least favorite. I would also say this was the easiest of the line. Mainly due to how straightforward everything is. Each level has mini puzzles to solve to progress, but none of them are particularly challenging or really make you ponder how to move forward for very long.
Again, the boss fights are where this game shines. While they can devolve into 'avoid everything until the boss gives you the only opening to attack', more often than not they make for a fun ending to each world.
I would recommend Wario Land (Super Mario Land 3) on the GameBoy as the best entry point of the series, but you couldn't go wrong by starting with this one either.

20240106_101625.jpg

20240106_101654.jpg

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 6

Editorials Team · Posted
4 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

It might still be worth firing it up one day on a lark.  It may not be super appealing to you, but the longshot odds are not zero.  Could be a favorite-in-waiting.

16 hours ago, Philosoraptor said:

If any that sounds somewhat interesting, give it a try.

9 hours ago, greenthunder said:

The late/end game I was taking about 1-2 hours per stage and I found the battle system kinda repetitive at that point, so I was getting burnt out because there wasn't anything I really liked at that point. I would have definitely enjoyed it a lot more if it was only 40 hours or so instead of 65; I also think I'll enjoy PXZ2 a lot more simply because there's characters I'm actually familiar with in it.

65 hours?  Even worse.

For perspective, here is a mere sampling of the JRPGs in my collection that I either haven't played, or haven't finished.  I would prioritize every single one of these over PXZ:

1. Spoiler
    1. Final Fantasy
    2. Final Fantasy III
    3. Final Fantasy V
    4. Final Fantasy XV
    5. Final Fantasy XVI
    6. Final Fantasy Heroes of Light
    7. Dragon Warrior
    8. Dragon Quest V
    9. Dragon Quest VII
    10. Dragon Quest XI
    11. Dragon Quest Treasures
    12. Shin Megami Tensei V
    13. Shin Megami Tensei Soul Hackers
    14. SMT Digital Devil Saga
    15. SMT Digital Devil Saga 2
    16. Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    17. Persona 2
    18. Persona 4
    19. Persona 5
    20. Etrian Odyssey 5
    21. Etrian Odyssey Nexus
    22. Trails in the Sky SC
    23. Trails in the Sky the Third
    24. Trails to Zero
    25. Trails to Azure
    26. Trails of Cold Steel
    27. Trails of Cold Steel 2
    28. Trails of Cold Steel 3
    29. Trails of Cold Steel 4
    30. Trails of Whatever the Next One Was Called
    31. Boundless Trails
    32. Phantasy Star III
    33. Phantasy Star IV
    34. Xenogears
    35. Xenoblade Torna
    36. Xenoblade 3
    37. Xenosaga 3
    38. Tails of Vesperia
    39. Tales of Symphonia
    40. Monster Hunter Stories
    41. Monster Hunter Stories 2
    42. Grandia
    43. Grandia 2
    44. Disgaea 6
    45. Disgaea 7
    46. The World Ends With You
    47. Neo The World Ends With You
    48. Ys IX
    49. Ni No Kuni
    50. Ni No Kuni 2
    51. Undernauts
    52. Saviors of Sapphire Wings
    53. Stranger of Sword City
    54. Atelier Ryza
    55. Atelier Ryza 2
    56. Octopath Traveller
    57. Octopath Traveller 2
    58. Bravely Default
    59. Bravely Second
    60. Bravely Default 2
    61. Triangle Strategy
    62. Live-A-Live
    63. Star Ocean
    64. Star Ocean 2
    65. Ever Oasis
    66. Stella Glow
    67. Infinite Space
    68. The Dark Spire
    69. Suikoden
    70. Suikoden 2
    71. Suikoden 3
    72. Suikoden 4
    73. Suikoden 5
    74. Rogue Galaxy
    75. 13 Sentinels

If I get through all of those, I'll think about it.  But at a pace of 3-5 a year, it ain't looking good 😆

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

My xls columns at the moment are:

• Completed (any amount of beaten)
  • Abandoned (this could mean a lot of things)
  • Elsewhere (ie beat the remastered Shadow Man on Switch = N64 cart is off the hook)
  • Candidate (for one of the imminent future backlog challenge lists)

For the life I me I don’t know why I never thought to do this.  I’m going to start doing it.

3 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

65 hours?  Even worse.

For perspective, here is a mere sampling of the JRPGs in my collection that I either haven't played, or haven't finished.  I would prioritize every single one of these over PXZ:

1.   Reveal hidden contents
    1. Final Fantasy
    2. Final Fantasy III
    3. Final Fantasy V
    4. Final Fantasy XV
    5. Final Fantasy XVI
    7. Dragon Warrior
    8. Dragon Quest V
    9. Dragon Quest VII
    10. Dragon Quest XI
    12. Shin Megami Tensei V
    17. Persona 2
    18. Persona 4
    19. Persona 5
    20. Etrian Odyssey 5
    21. Etrian Odyssey Nexus
    22. Trails in the Sky SC
    24. Trails to Zero
    25. Trails to Azure
    26. Trails of Cold Steel
    31. Boundless Trails
    32. Phantasy Star III
    33. Phantasy Star IV
    34. Xenogears
    35. Xenoblade Torna
    36. Xenoblade 3
    37. Xenosaga 3
    38. Tails of Vesperia
    39. Tales of Symphonia
    42. Grandia
    43. Grandia 2
    44. Disgaea 6
    45. Disgaea 7
    48. Ys IX
    49. Ni No Kuni
    50. Ni No Kuni 2
    51. Undernauts
    54. Atelier Ryza
    55. Atelier Ryza 2
    56. Octopath Traveller
    57. Octopath Traveller 2
    58. Bravely Default
    59. Bravely Second
    60. Bravely Default 2
    61. Triangle Strategy
    62. Live-A-Live
    63. Star Ocean
    64. Star Ocean 2
    65. Ever Oasis
    66. Stella Glow
    67. Infinite Space
    68. The Dark Spire
    69. Suikoden
    70. Suikoden 2
    71. Suikoden 3
    72. Suikoden 4
    73. Suikoden 5
    74. Rogue Galaxy
    75. 13 Sentinels

If I get through all of those, I'll think about it.  But at a pace of 3-5 a year, it ain't looking good 😆

Man you have some amazing RPG experiences to look forward to. I wish I could relive some of those games with a blank slate. Imo move FF lower and raise up the SMT and Persona games. You can thank me later 🙂 

Editorials Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Man you have some amazing RPG experiences to look forward to. I wish I could relive some of those games with a blank slate. Imo move FF lower and raise up the SMT and Persona games. You can thank me later 🙂 

You're talking to a guy who's already beat Persona, Persona 3 (mostly), Persona Q, Persona Q2, MegaTen 3, MegaTen 4, MegaTen 4 Apocalypse, Devil Survivor, Devil Survivor 2, and Strange Journey.  So you're preaching to the choir 🥰

That wasn't ordered, just kind of randomly off the top of my head.  I tentatively have my backlogs looking something like this:

2024 - Shin Megami Tensei V, Final Fantasy VXI, Bravely Default, Trails in the Sky 2, Trails in the Sky 3
2025 - Final Fantasy VII Remake, Dragon Quest XI, Trails to Zero, Trails to Azure, Live-A-Live, Persona 5, Torna
2026 - Final Fantasy V, Triangle Strategy, Trails of Cold Steel, Trails of Cold Steel 2, Xenoblade 3

• Like 1

The one thing that "bothers" me about that follow-up video is that it seems like he's considering the games that he simply decided not to play as part of completing his backlog.  If you truly decided you never plan to touch that game, then that's one thing, but in some cases he rationalized it by saying something like he played a similar game/genre so it's being skipped. That kind of fudging the numbers to make the year end totals look better is strange since it really wouldn't have mattered if met that arbitrary goal.  Those games would certainly still be on the backlog, and honestly probably still are for him, despite the presentation.

There is a difference between trying a game and deciding early on that you don't like it versus never trying a game at all. In my personal eyes, the first counts as something to take off the backlog. The second isn't.  Now, that's complicated a bit by digital vs. physical purchases. I have tons of digital steam games from humble bundles I have no interest in. I may never try them ever and that could be the case for some in that video that were retired.  However, a physical game that you never plan to try should honestly just be sold/donated/traded to get it off the backlog officially.

Anyway, long-winded response on something I actually don't care too much about as it's their own personal decision and I'll simply do my own thing with my own games, but still cared enough to give my two cents on the matter.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

1.   Hide contents
    1. Final Fantasy
    2. Final Fantasy III
    3. Final Fantasy V
    4. Final Fantasy XV
    5. Final Fantasy XVI
    7. Dragon Warrior
    8. Dragon Quest V
    9. Dragon Quest VII
    10. Dragon Quest XI
    12. Shin Megami Tensei V
    17. Persona 2
    18. Persona 4
    19. Persona 5
    20. Etrian Odyssey 5
    21. Etrian Odyssey Nexus
    22. Trails in the Sky SC
    24. Trails to Zero
    25. Trails to Azure
    26. Trails of Cold Steel
    31. Boundless Trails
    32. Phantasy Star III
    33. Phantasy Star IV
    34. Xenogears
    35. Xenoblade Torna
    36. Xenoblade 3
    37. Xenosaga 3
    38. Tails of Vesperia
    39. Tales of Symphonia
    42. Grandia
    43. Grandia 2
    44. Disgaea 6
    45. Disgaea 7
    48. Ys IX
    49. Ni No Kuni
    50. Ni No Kuni 2
    51. Undernauts
    54. Atelier Ryza
    55. Atelier Ryza 2
    56. Octopath Traveller
    57. Octopath Traveller 2
    58. Bravely Default
    59. Bravely Second
    60. Bravely Default 2
    61. Triangle Strategy
    62. Live-A-Live
    63. Star Ocean
    64. Star Ocean 2
    65. Ever Oasis
    66. Stella Glow
    67. Infinite Space
    68. The Dark Spire
    69. Suikoden
    70. Suikoden 2
    71. Suikoden 3
    72. Suikoden 4
    73. Suikoden 5
    74. Rogue Galaxy
    75. 13 Sentinels

I'm probably the wrong person to say this, but this is a long list of JRPGs, including many really long ones. Also, gotta love how you've basically planned years ahead when you will be playing what. That's hard for me to imagine since I usually decide on a whim which game(s) to play.

But at least some of these games are a little bit shorter, like Star Ocean, Grandis 2, Phantasy Star III and IV. The two Digital Devil Saga games are also a bit shorter than the average modern JRPG. I still remember the days when the average gamer didn't know anything about the SMT franchise and would look at you like you're an alien or something. Back in the day I asked a Gamestop employee as to whether they had DDS I, but even he didn't know this game. I had to spell it out to him, so that he could look it up in the computer. They only had it in storage in the back room.

I tell my mom, when she asks why I collect so many games (close to 7000, if not more), I like the variety.  Of being able to choose what I want to play.

I have more games than I can play in a lifetime.  If I could only spare 1600 hours of gaming a year, and could only finish like 40 games a year, it would take WELL over 100 years to finish my games.

I finished up a play through of Castlevania: Circle of the Moon a couple of days ago. Of the Metroidvania style Castlevania games, I've actually only ever played this one and Dawn of Sorrow on the DS. They've both been fairly good and enjoyable enough experiences, but probably not more than 7 to 7.5 out of 10 games for me. For those more experienced with the series, how do these 2 stack up to the rest? I know Symphony of the Night is well regarded, but with the price it goes for these days, it's not a priority for me.

For reference, I have played Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and Metroid Dread, and I'd rate those between 8.5 and 9.5 out of 10.

I guess I'm trying to figure out if I'm just more of a Metroid guy, or if I've been playing the wrong Castlevania games.

IMG_4062.jpg

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Tantalus said:

I guess I'm trying to figure out if I'm just more of a Metroid guy, or if I've been playing the wrong Castlevania games.

I found myself wondering the same thing at the beginning of last year, so played quite a few last year for the backlog challenge.

I liked Symphony of the Night the most of any Castlevania I played, and I ended up giving it a 9.5/10. My next favorite "Castlevania" ended up being Bloodstained (9/10). Rondo of Blood was my favorite of the platformers (9/10) followed by Super Castlevania IV (8/10). I didn't end up playing either of the ones you mentioned, but I also played Castlevania 64 (5/10) and Aria of Sorrow (8/10). I polled the audience about which ones I should play, and those came out as the most popular recommendations. You can find most of those responses on page 22 of the 2023 backlog challenge thread, as well as a more thorough write-up about them as I beat them on page 24.

Funny enough, I also hadn't played a Metroid game before 2023 either. I gave Zero Mission a perfect 10 and Metroid 2: Return of Samus a 6/10. I started playing Super Metroid, but put it down due to Metroidvania fatigue. I'd preliminarily give that game a 8.5-9.

If you have a PS4 and want the physical game, Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood are on Castlevania Requiem. However, SotN on Castlevania Requiem doesn't have the original voice acting, so you won't get the campy voice lines that so many love if you decide to play it on there. Bloodstained is cheaper still, and offers a much more expansive experience than SotN with much of the same goodness.

After playing all those Metroid and Castlevania games, I came to the conclusion that both series have winners and losers, and both series are different enough from each other to make them unique. For me, when Metroid is more fast paced, I think it hits higher highs than Castlevania. When it's not, Metroid really plumbs the depths of my patience. However, I'm more about fast-paced action than bombing every nook and cranny of a screen to find five more missiles. YMMV.

FYI, I shamelessly co-opted Reed's rating scale years ago because it matched up with my own feelings and observations, so here's his relevant ratings and explanations:

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
  • 9/10 - Killer game. Everyone should play it.
  • 8/10 - Great game. You like to recommend it.
  • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
  • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
  • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
Edited by Philosoraptor
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2024 at 8:54 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

The dude from the OP posted an update for how trying to tackle a 1600 hour backlog in 2023 went. 

So the trick is to have 1629 hours to spend on video ames a year? 😄

Ftr that's an average of 4.5 hours per day - just playing games. Absolutely insane, no idea why anyone would attempt that. I think my list is already way too packed at 632 hours plus the few unmeasurable arcade games. 😮

Huntdown beaten.

This game kicks ass! The pixel art (especially the stage backgrounds with copious parallax scrolling and moving elements) is gorgeously full of color and detail and looks particularly good with the well-implemented CRT filter turned on. The music is hard-rockin' and perfectly fits the vibe. The sound design overall is quite good (one little touch I love is the way enemies scream if you knock them into a pit). The voice work is great and there's quite a bit more of it than I expected. The game has that 80's vision of a "dystopian punk-rock future" that is so very much my jam, with a very Judge Dredd/Blade Runner/Cyberpunk vibe. It also has plenty of nods to various films, including The TerminatorThe Warriors, The Last Dragon and even a Star Wars reference or two...because why not.

As far as game play, what I assumed was going to be a standard run 'n gun was actually mixed up a bit with a few clever-but-not-complex systems. There's a nice assortment of both primary and secondary weapons and they even let you swap between your default sidearm and your current primary in case you don't wanna waste a rocket on one little punk when your pistol will do just fine. There's a simple cover system which uses both crates, barrels and other objects that you can crouch behind (and using them is beautifully simple) as well as the means of ducking into alcoves/doorways pulled straight out of Blackthorne (and the enemies can also do this). It made certain sections and boss fights much more strategic than they otherwise would have been.

Speaking of boss fights, there is some great variety on offer, both in terms of the personality of the bosses and also the way in which you have to fight them. Most of them boil down to pattern recognition (which is perfectly fine with me, I love a good learn-the-pattern boss fight) but with only one or two exceptions, the boss fights are all really enjoyable. I think they're kinda the best part of the game, just because each boss is so unique and the design of each fight makes them all feel fresh. You never really feel like any of the fights are just copy/pastes of previous ones.

It was a fairly quick playthrough, although I died plenty, especially against some of the bosses. Still, there's some replay value in collectables, multiple difficulties and the three bounty hunters to choose from. Their differences are pretty minor and I kinda just found my favorite and stuck with them to the end but at least it's an option.

Yeah, I could keep gushing but I was honestly surprised how quickly and thoroughly this game got my attention. It was a different (and superior) experience to what I was expecting and I was already expecting to like it.

9/10. Badass mo-fo of a run 'n gun. The devs should be proud.

Edited by Webhead123
  • Like 6

It's unusual that I'm off on a Sunday.  I spent half the day playing Super Mario Bros. Wonder and surprisingly beat it already.  I'm still missing a few stages and badges, but credits rolled and I feel fulfilled.  This game was great, I loved the overall look and the animations were amazing.  I will still be playing this some more to get the stuff I missed.  Oh, and play just for fun with my son who is super into this one.  Overall it was a bit easy and super short, but this was like my millionth Mario game.

Spoiler

SMBwonder.jpg.3e62f936b078efcddab681b7adbc21d3.jpg

• Like 6

Editorials Team · Posted

Binged Pikmin 1 over the weekend.  Pretty short and easy, but I had a good time.  Granted, I've already played Pikmin 3, so going back to the rather simplistic setup here, and the atrocious pathfinding, really showcased how the series has improved with time.  And has me itching to get to 2 and 4 sooner than later.  I'll probably do 2 at some point this year and put 4 on next year's list.

Also, I don't know what I was supposed to be doing with the final boss, but I just spammed him with Pikmin.  Probably lost 300-400 to him.  Presumably that is not the optimal strategy.

1. The Stanley Parable (7.5/10)
  2. The Talos Principle (7.5/10)
  3. Pikmin 1 (6.5/10)
  • Like 5

Administrator · Posted
33 minutes ago, Lago said:

What made you decide to push through instead of just stopping?

I'm participating in a "challenge league" event on Retroachievements.org and needed to beat a game in the "vehicular combat" sub-genre. Figured, why not.