IGNORED

Meme You Just Have to Share

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:
2 hours ago, PII said:

Lol, trying to think of what to say about this, but what do you even say about this??!

Just think of Elvira in her prime........

I guess the manufacturer didn't have the rights to "Elvira" = "Ample Breasted Gothic Partner." 🤣

Why not call it Vira El ?

17 minutes ago, PII said:

I guess the manufacturer didn't have the rights to "Elvira" = "Ample Breasted Gothic Partner." 🤣

Elvira was sued by an actress named Vampira (Maila Nurmi) for appropriating her character from a late night horror show that Vampira hosted. She lost the lawsuit.

Nurmi was also an actress (among other things) in movies and had mostly minor roles in a few films - her most famous was in the original Plan Nine From Outer Space.

345477565_images(4).jpeg.d2bb9ffccf3e1f6ca768b3d6739c23c5.jpeg

Edited by Tabonga

On 10/19/2022 at 7:54 PM, Tabonga said:

Elvira was sued by an actress named Vampira (Maila Nurmi) for appropriating her character from a late night horror show that Vampira hosted. She lost the lawsuit.

Nurmi was also an actress (among other things) in movies and had mostly minor roles in a few films - her most famous was in the original Plan Nine From Outer Space.

Very well, precedent seizes the day.  Just the same, I think this year I will dress as:

Ample Canined Gentlemen Of The Night !

Edited by PII

1 hour ago, PII said:

Because if you don't pick the right ample breasted gothic partner, you might get a Vira El infection.

fozzie-bear-wow.gif

Edited by Aguy
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Tenjikuronin said:

307596494_458489513007298_439723118112952027_.jpg

You know, that scene always bothered me.  Of course, Luke throws him down into that chasm, but Vader didn't know that and was trying to kill him.

That ledge is pretty narrow.  All he had to do was chop it off and Luke would have fallen.  Why didn't he?!

I know, it's a movie, but that's something I noticed even as a little kid.

11 minutes ago, RH said:

You know, that scene always bothered me.  Of course, Luke throws him down into that chasm, but Vader didn't know that and was trying to kill him.

That ledge is pretty narrow.  All he had to do was chop it off and Luke would have fallen.  Why didn't he?!

Vader never wanted to kill his son, he always wanted him to join and "rule the galaxy together"! That's why instead of killing Luke, he disarmed him 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RH said:

...what?  Are you sure you're talking about the same movie as the rest of us?  Luke doesn't throw Vader anywhere during that fight.  He's doing his best with a couple of weeks of training and more cockiness and luck than Solo displays throughout the trilogy, but he's nowhere near the level of skill that Vader displays, even when Luke temporarily surprises him--three times during the whole fight.

Rewatch the first part of their fight.  Vader is pretty literally "fighting" (sparring, really) Luke with one hand tied behind his back.  He kicks his ass pretty good up until the moment Luke gets his saber back after jumping from the ceiling and only gets knocked off the edge due to Luke (finally?) changing tactics and brute force kicking Vader instead of continuing to duel with him.  Based on everything else about getting Luke to that point, I don't even think that that moment is even truly a surprise or a mark in Luke's column, as Vader has continuously controlled, then deactivated every lift and passageway that Luke has traveled through to meet up with him.  From when he first emerges in the carbon freezing chamber, then continuing after Luke leaps off the platform, then is routed specifically to where Vader wants him to be, at which point the gate closes and the whole things locks up and powers down.

During the next part, Vader starts using two hands, but is still telegraphing enough of his moves that even a total novice like Luke can catch all of them.  So, Vader starts mixing it up, picking stuff up and hurling it at Luke while fighting, or tearing stuff right off the walls and doing exactly the same.  Even Luke getting blown out that window doesn't really show as a huge surprise, as Vader had control over what he was moving around the room and could most likely have stopped the box that shattered the window from doing so had he wanted.  I submit that this is shown when Luke recovers, gets back up on the gantry, then starts sneaking down the hallway into the lower bowels of that tower/vane sticking out over the shaft down out of the city, and then Vader jumps out with a hugely telegraphed, but nonetheless terrifying double handed swipe made to look like it was going to take Luke's head off.

The rest of the fight, Vader is still in total control of what's going on...right up until Vader telegraphs again at the end, and Luke manages a lucky shot into his shoulder, which really pisses him off, and causes him to instinctively whip off the offending limb. At this point Vader keeps his saber lit to maintain his menace, but takes no further provocative or aggressive moves towards Luke.  Why?  Because he's known the whole time that this kid is his long lost son, and the whole time the guy's been feeling him out, determining whether he's just some noob who he should bring straight to the Emperor as requested, or, as Vader hints during his brief talk at the end, someone who shows enough skill and power so as to be worth joining forces with in order to take down someone as crazily powerful as the Emperor and then rule by his side.

Vader never lopped off the antenna vane that Luke slid out onto because he never once intended to seriously hurt his own kid.  As Luke showed more skill and aggression, Vader subsequently upped his game, but really only to the point of being able to adequately defend himself and then start pushing back and probing at what the (current) limits of Luke's power and ability was.  Save for one actual lucky shot (when Luke wounds Vader in the shoulder), everything else is more or less expected or accounted for by Vader, showing that he set everything up in such a manner that he pretty much knew how it was all going to go down.  I think Luke's refusal at the end was really the only true surprise there (beside the lucky shoulder shot).

2 hours ago, avatar! said:

Vader never wanted to kill his son, he always wanted him to join and "rule the galaxy together"! That's why instead of killing Luke, he disarmed him 🙂

19 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

...what?  Are you sure you're talking about the same movie as the rest of us?  Luke doesn't throw Vader anywhere during that fight.  He's doing his best with a couple of weeks of training and more cockiness and luck than Solo displays throughout the trilogy, but he's nowhere near the level of skill that Vader displays, even when Luke temporarily surprises him--three times during the whole fight.

Rewatch the first part of their fight.  Vader is pretty literally "fighting" (sparring, really) Luke with one hand tied behind his back.  He kicks his ass pretty good up until the moment Luke gets his saber back after jumping from the ceiling and only gets knocked off the edge due to Luke (finally?) changing tactics and brute force kicking Vader instead of continuing to duel with him.  Based on everything else about getting Luke to that point, I don't even think that that moment is even truly a surprise or a mark in Luke's column, as Vader has continuously controlled, then deactivated every lift and passageway that Luke has traveled through to meet up with him.  From when he first emerges in the carbon freezing chamber, then continuing after Luke leaps off the platform, then is routed specifically to where Vader wants him to be, at which point the gate closes and the whole things locks up and powers down.

During the next part, Vader starts using two hands, but is still telegraphing enough of his moves that even a total novice like Luke can catch all of them.  So, Vader starts mixing it up, picking stuff up and hurling it at Luke while fighting, or tearing stuff right off the walls and doing exactly the same.  Even Luke getting blown out that window doesn't really show as a huge surprise, as Vader had control over what he was moving around the room and could most likely have stopped the box that shattered the window from doing so had he wanted.  I submit that this is shown when Luke recovers, gets back up on the gantry, then starts sneaking down the hallway into the lower bowels of that tower/vane sticking out over the shaft down out of the city, and then Vader jumps out with a hugely telegraphed, but nonetheless terrifying double handed swipe made to look like it was going to take Luke's head off.

The rest of the fight, Vader is still in total control of what's going on...right up until Vader telegraphs again at the end, and Luke manages a lucky shot into his shoulder, which really pisses him off, and causes him to instinctively whip off the offending limb. At this point Vader keeps his saber lit to maintain his menace, but takes no further provocative or aggressive moves towards Luke.  Why?  Because he's known the whole time that this kid is his long lost son, and the whole time the guy's been feeling him out, determining whether he's just some noob who he should bring straight to the Emperor as requested, or, as Vader hints during his brief talk at the end, someone who shows enough skill and power so as to be worth joining forces with in order to take down someone as crazily powerful as the Emperor and then rule by his side.

Vader never lopped off the antenna vane that Luke slid out onto because he never once intended to seriously hurt his own kid.  As Luke showed more skill and aggression, Vader subsequently upped his game, but really only to the point of being able to adequately defend himself and then start pushing back and probing at what the (current) limits of Luke's power and ability was.  Save for one actual lucky shot (when Luke wounds Vader in the shoulder), everything else is more or less expected or accounted for by Vader, showing that he set everything up in such a manner that he pretty much knew how it was all going to go down.  I think Luke's refusal at the end was really the only true surprise there (beside the lucky shoulder shot).

Aight.

42 minutes ago, RH said:

Aight.

I mean, without the years and years worth of exposition and analysis from me, Vader straight up says as much during their brief conversation at the very end: "Luke, you can destroy the Emperor.  He has foreseen this.  It is your destiny.  Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son."  Vader knows he doesn't have the juice to destroy the Emperor, at least not alone, and Palpatine has straight up seen that Luke will end up doing it, so Vader clearly has zero intentions of really hurting Luke.