IGNORED

Meme You Just Have to Share

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Tenjikuronin said:

qYNeGAS.jpg

Cute, but this is unfortunately incomplete for us old farts.  Though the first system our household owned was #1, the first console I played, I think, was actually an Intellivision.  I get it.   This might have been made by someone between 25-35, but back in the days of Atari, the Colecovision and Intellivision were a bit like Nintendo/SEGA.  They just are ignored because those brands didn't pivot and stay around, so they are forgotten.

But, I'm sure you guys all know that. 😛

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, RH said:

Cute, but this is unfortunately incomplete for us old farts.  Though the first system our household owned was #1, the first console I played, I think, was actually an Intellivision.  I get it.   This might have been made by someone between 25-35, but back in the days of Atari, the Colecovision and Intellivision were a bit like Nintendo/SEGA.  They just are ignored because those brands didn't pivot and stay around, so they are forgotten.

Agreed.  The Odyssey2 isn't on there either, so I can't really participate as intended.  That being said, someone updated this from what it was originally, as the bottom row didn't exist at that time, and whoever did it deleted the Saturn controller in lieu of the second (later) version of the Genesis controller.

If somebody wanted to do this right, I'd say this needs to also include Odyssey, Fairchild Channel F, Odyssey 2, Intellivision, Colecovision, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, and Sega Master System as well, at the very least.  Throwing in a Game Boy and a Game Gear likely wouldn't be bad ideas either.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Agreed.  The Odyssey2 isn't on there either, so I can't really participate as intended.  That being said, someone updated this from what it was originally, as the bottom row didn't exist at that time, and whoever did it deleted the Saturn controller in lieu of the second (later) version of the Genesis controller.

If somebody wanted to do this right, I'd say this needs to also include Odyssey, Fairchild Channel F, Odyssey 2, Intellivision, Colecovision, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, and Sega Master System as well, at the very least.  Throwing in a Game Boy and a Game Gear likely wouldn't be bad ideas either.

Lol, does it also bother anyone else that the 2600 controller is upside down? 🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:
8 hours ago, RH said:

Mine was a Commodore 64 controller so that's another one to throw in.  Would be awesome to see a super-comprehensive version of this!

3 hours ago, RH said:

Lol, does it also bother anyone else that the 2600 controller is upside down? 🤣

Now that you point it out, my eye does twitch a little, but I understand why they did it, based on how the photo was taken.  A better, top-down photo would have easily allowed for it to be properly oriented as well as leave the button super visible.

17 minutes ago, PII said:

Mine was a Commodore 64 controller so that's another one to throw in.  Would be awesome to see a super-comprehensive version of this!

Was it actually C64 branded, though?  If not, it was just a generic 2600 controller.

On 12/6/2022 at 3:59 PM, darkchylde28 said:

Was it actually C64 branded, though?  If not, it was just a generic 2600 controller.

I don't think there was a controller that actually came with the computer but the one in question was, I think, a typical 3rd party joystick and looked more or less just like a 2600 controller except it was actually far superior.  The joystick could be manipulated much more efficiently and the fire button was nice and springy.  Here's a pic.

Edited by PII
  • Like 1