IGNORED

Meme You Just Have to Share

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a pro-Capitalist but not all systems yield perfect results.  All of these are a result of profit maximization, especially when shareholder profits are put before customer experience.  Pizza Hut, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, even fast food joints like McDonald’s all launched with much higher quality food, which is what made them popular. However, once the ability to expand mostly peaked, profits start to come by careful price control, which usually means that slowly with time they buy cheaper and inferior ingredients or invest in faster mechanisms to create the food products which rarely translates to a better end experience.

Since we consumers in America are happy with “quantity over quality” we see continual degradation in quality for everything. (Not just food.)

Again, I am a pro-Capitalist but I sure wish consumers at-large would stop buying this inferior junk to send a message that we’d prefer a more quality result, even if things cost more or proportions shrank a bit from time to time. Alas, that’s not the society we live in. And the average American seems to unilaterally look at cost vs quantity, rather than cost vs quality.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Or this guy, lol!

About 2 weeks ago I went to Bo Jangles and ordered a simple 3 piece meal.  I walked it, a couple of customers were in front of me and one was waiting--nothing big or problematic.

Well, I'm not sure what happened but when the two in front of me ordered, and then myself, the guy at the register walked away and everyone was just busy in the back.  I would have just assumed it was typical understaffing like we see now, but the driver thru kept on putting out food just fine.  In fact, this is a very busy BoJangles, and they were having no trouble get food to the drive-thru.

Well, I waited over 30 minutes and I had somewhere I had to go.  I called for the check out guy, gave him my receipt (which was a bad move but I didn't know what else to do) and I told him to void my order (which never happened.)  Now, I would have waited and watched him do it but I was legit in a rush.

Anyway, I know it's a long story but I think fast food chains are 100% prioritizing the drive thru windows.  I don't blame the guy grabbing his nuggets, even though that was illegal.  I've been there.  I was so mad.  They seemed to have the staff, they were just ignoring us.  In the 35-40 minutes I was waiting the front cashier would come in, take a customers order and they would join the wait queue.  When I left there were at least 10 orders in the building waiting.  I've never been so irate at an FF joint in all my days.  There was just no reason for it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RH said:

About 2 weeks ago I went to Bo Jangles and ordered a simple 3 piece meal.  I walked it, a couple of customers were in front of me and one was waiting--nothing big or problematic.

Well, I'm not sure what happened but when the two in front of me ordered, and then myself, the guy at the register walked away and everyone was just busy in the back.  I would have just assumed it was typical understaffing like we see now, but the driver thru kept on putting out food just fine.  In fact, this is a very busy BoJangles, and they were having no trouble get food to the drive-thru.

Well, I waited over 30 minutes and I had somewhere I had to go.  I called for the check out guy, gave him my receipt (which was a bad move but I didn't know what else to do) and I told him to void my order (which never happened.)  Now, I would have waited and watched him do it but I was legit in a rush.

Anyway, I know it's a long story but I think fast food chains are 100% prioritizing the drive thru windows.  I don't blame the guy grabbing his nuggets, even though that was illegal.  I've been there.  I was so mad.  They seemed to have the staff, they were just ignoring us.  In the 35-40 minutes I was waiting the front cashier would come in, take a customers order and they would join the wait queue.  When I left there were at least 10 orders in the building waiting.  I've never been so irate at an FF joint in all my days.  There was just no reason for it.

My local Burger King has the drive thru on a timer so they do put those first since because they are logged in to the computer and will get in trouble if the wait is too long. If you order inside when the line is backed up, you'll be waiting a while.

Well in their defense seeing that video, look at all those people standing around.  Look how busy that kitchen is.  That's a madhou.... oh wait, they're not doing shit but ignoring the guy.  It maybe illegal, but good on someone standing up for themselves even if they'll end up in jail probably for it (or fined at least.)

I've had mc wanker up the street do that to me too, line was around the building so I went in, they ignored me for a time, but this nice guy who immigrated here recently saw me, took the order, then I asked him nicely if I could just get the cups and go and he did it right there (coke cup for me to fill, and a hot coffee.)  All of 30seconds total, big fucking time waster waiting 10min to get a 30sec bit of service while the other clown ignoring stayed at his post not helping.

Sorry not sorry, on the nugget avengers side on this one.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Well in their defense seeing that video, look at all those people standing around.  Look how busy that kitchen is.  That's a madhou.... oh wait, they're not doing shit but ignoring the guy.  It maybe illegal, but good on someone standing up for themselves even if they'll end up in jail probably for it (or fined at least.)

I've had mc wanker up the street do that to me too, line was around the building so I went in, they ignored me for a time, but this nice guy who immigrated here recently saw me, took the order, then I asked him nicely if I could just get the cups and go and he did it right there (coke cup for me to fill, and a hot coffee.)  All of 30seconds total, big fucking time waster waiting 10min to get a 30sec bit of service while the other clown ignoring stayed at his post not helping.

Sorry not sorry, on the nugget avengers side on this one.

He's not the hero we need, but the hero we deserve.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1