Meme You Just Have to Share

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Editorials Team · Posted
32 minutes ago, Tenjikuronin said:

GMg_kPiWUAAX_9m.jpg

Holy moley, don't tell anyone you know how to code lol. I've had so many people pitch their "million dollar ideas" to me (and also lots of other people obviously, that's why this joke article exists) but it's REAL lol. Had a friend from Brazil contact me with his idea to make "Carfax but in Brazil" and he said he had a guy to do marketing, he just needed someone to uhh, to uhhhh, "make everything?" I said. "exactly" he said.

• Agree 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Splain said:

Holy moley, don't tell anyone you know how to code lol. I've had so many people pitch their "million dollar ideas" to me (and also lots of other people obviously, that's why this joke article exists) but it's REAL lol. Had a friend from Brazil contact me with his idea to make "Carfax but in Brazil" and he said he had a guy to do marketing, he just needed someone to uhh, to uhhhh, "make everything?" I said. "exactly" he said.

Dude, I've mentally "invented" hundreds, if not thousands, of things because that's the way my mind works.  Several have gone on to be made by others and they were successful and this psychological phenomena (or whatever it's called) has a name.

The fact is, it's easy to creatively see problems and then solutions.  The really, really hard part is putting your thoughts on paper, organizing them, speccing out the requirements, finding the first few key people to help, securing funding, and then simply initiating.

It takes a LOT of work to make big, successful companies, even if the market is 100% new and wide open.  This is why I've never done much.  I like to dream, but I'm happy being a smaller part to a bigger project.  No, Uber didn't steal my idea.  Uber was obvious.  What really happened was someone had the idea and they worked ridiculous, 120 hour weeks with a team of hard working idealist to pull it off and properly market it to venture capitalists, and it worked.  Uber was probably mentally "invented" 1,000 times before it became a thing.

That Thomas Edison quote, "Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration" is not entirely true.  I'd pin it more on .01% inspiration and 99.99% perspiration, of which, most of us don't have to see our ideas through.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, RH said:

Dude, I've mentally "invented" hundreds, if not thousands, of things because that's the way my mind works.  Several have gone on to be made by others and they were successful and this psychological phenomena (or whatever it's called) has a name.

The fact is, it's easy to creatively see problems and then solutions.  The really, really hard part is putting your thoughts on paper, organizing them, speccing out the requirements, finding the first few key people to help, securing funding, and then simply initiating.

It takes a LOT of work to make big, successful companies, even if the market is 100% new and wide open.  This is why I've never done much.  I like to dream, but I'm happy being a smaller part to a bigger project.  No, Uber didn't steal my idea.  Uber was obvious.  What really happened was someone had the idea and they worked ridiculous, 120 hour weeks with a team of hard working idealist to pull it off and properly market it to venture capitalists, and it worked.  Uber was probably mentally "invented" 1,000 times before it became a thing.

That Thomas Edison quote, "Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration" is not entirely true.  I'd pin it more on .01% inspiration and 99.99% perspiration, of which, most of us don't have to see our ideas through.

Been watching Shark Tank for the first time aside from Youtube clips and there were 2 guys that got "private funding" which turnes out to be their dad apparently a founder of GameStop. 2 Million dollars to start up from their dad. They were roasted and went on to say they are not rich while defending themselves after being blasted for coming from wealth. It's mind boggling to think someone doesn't consider their family rich when a parent gives you 2 millions dollars to start up a company. Regular people can barely get approved for car loans, but they get 2 million dollars, but no, you're not rich at all. 

11 hours ago, Splain said:

I remember someone asked Bunnyboy how much it would be to program a game. He said something like, "If you have everything designed and the mechanics worked out, maybe $5,000 to $10,000. If it's three sentences on a napkin, $100,000." 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Tenjikuronin said:

GMg_kPiWUAAX_9m.jpg

We had this utterly ridiculous clown over on AtariAge we couldn't get rid of due to staff hopes or disagreement nearly a year, went by KirkJohnson on there, usually uses Inceptional on his blog and usual accounts to post to YT, discord and the rest.  That headline might as well have his picture.  Utter sheer entitlement mixed with an unfailing level of fanboy orgy mentality over the SNES.  Anything less nice said about it, or how Genesis and TG could do whatever and he'd lose it.  Consistently making up fake game maker x photoshop videos and images with goombas, alucard, and other bs to prove how the system could do all sorts of stuff others couldn't.  Long story short, banned from probably a dozen sites and services, always the victim, always demanding people do WORK yet never would take any kind courteous explanations or helps to learn to do it himself.  Anything not handed or spoon fed over turned into arguing, then gaslighting, then hitting ignore and (still viewing people with a click) trolling more dumb garbage things the SNES can't handle to make his points.  This post maybe a parody, but that a-hole exists.

1 hour ago, Tenjikuronin said:

1715030673882.png

This is classic. FYI --

The essay is fake (but still cool) and was posted to Twitter by comedian Phil Jamesson in 2022. While not real, I'm really curious how many real such essays have been handed in?