IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Dr Mario

BeaIank

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I don't know if this helps any. If someone has the 2019 info, that should be all of it.

https://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/messageview0d82.html?catid=31&threadid=168510

There is some 2019 data left but not the whole season.

On 9/24/2023 at 2:47 PM, Gloves said:

Lol yeah just trying the game out, I can't play it at all, it's literally unplayable for me. Can't clear a single virus, let alone a level. 

At least you figured it out with the new rules. I gave it a shot yesterday and still couldn't even clear a level. 

1 hour ago, G-type said:

Tetris is more forgiving on cleaning up your mistakes. Dr. Mario if you put a pill down reversed from how you intended, its a pain in the ass to clear it out.

On higher levels it's almost impossible. One little mistake will end your run.

Edited by mbd39

On 9/24/2023 at 9:56 PM, mbd39 said:

This week's contest is now dedicated to RH's mom.

Shouldn't it be dedicated to RH? He is the one who suffered as a result of her getting addicted to her kids' video game. When the rest of the world was getting SNES's, he was going to church to pray the addictive video games away

• Haha 2

Just an FYI, I managed to get about 30 minutes and I spent half the time looking for my NES cart which, turns out, I don’t even own!

I said I hate this game and I guess it’s more true than I realized! Anyway, I’ll try to get a score on the board today.

Edited by RH

4 minutes ago, G-type said:

Tell your mom to post a score. Still got a few more days.

I wish I could be she has no way of playing and I really, really couldn't explain to her how to download an emulator or ROM.  If there's a one-click emulator that runs from a website, in a browser though, maybe I can make something happen.  I mean, not an official run or anything, but I might get her to play.  I'm not sure how well that 30+ year old, rusty muscle memory would transfer to a keyboard though.  Still, I bet she'd do way better than most who haven't played a game in that long.