IGNORED

T-Pac Arcade

T-Pac

Graphics Team · Posted

image.jpeg.f11d6effe21b28cbd4fdb46f5de2e61f.jpeg

A centralized thread for my T-Pac Arcade project.

The goal is to index each game in my collection with a short video review and a drawing. 
This is a bit of a personal project - pushing myself to get the most out of my classic gaming hobby - but hopefully it can spark fun discussions and highlight some overlooked games.

[T-Pac]

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Graphics Team · Posted
4 hours ago, AverageOliver98 said:

Would now be a bad time to mention that setting Lives to 0 gives you 99 of them (on the original NA/PAL releases, not JPN or Sega Ages versions)?

Also, I love that wicked Gargoyle Diver!

Haha I literally found out about that 99 lives trick last night after I finished playing. But it's okay - at least this way I got to learn the stages and enemy patterns instead of barreling through the whole thing without consequence.

It's a fine line that I try to walk on games like this. I want to make it easy enough for myself that I don't get frustrated, but I don't want it to be so lax that it doesn't feel memorable or rewarding at the end.

[T-Pac]

• Like 2

Graphics Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Link said:

"potato clock mental processing power" 
"the complexity turned my Wonder Bread brain into toast"

I feel this so much 🤣 

There's a reason I don't play games released after the mid-90s - comprehending anything more than "dodge lasers and shoot lasers" is a big ask for me haha.

[T-Pac]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/5/2023 at 10:42 AM, T-Pac said:

There's a reason I don't play games released after the mid-90s - comprehending anything more than "dodge lasers and shoot lasers" is a big ask for me haha.

[T-Pac]

The simple things in life are often the best! Probably more true the older you become and have little spare time for yourself.

• Agree 1

Graphics Team · Posted
14 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

R-Type is definitely money but I’d have to give it another play to put it up against the best schmup on the system, Blazing Lasers

True - as much as I consider myself an R-Type guy at heart, Blazing Lazers can't be beat on the TG-16.

[T-Pac]

Graphics Team · Posted

Question for anyone who's been keeping up with these: 
Would it be weird if my next game was also R-Type, but the Game Boy version?

I wanted to tackle the GB port while the game was still fresh in my mind, and I made a standalone video for it without comparison or reference to the TG-16 one - but I'm not sure if it would be a confusing or odd to post that next.

I could always just wait and move it later in the video queue, but I'd appreciate anyone's opinion regardless.

[T-Pac]

13 hours ago, T-Pac said:

Question for anyone who's been keeping up with these: 
Would it be weird if my next game was also R-Type, but the Game Boy version?

I wanted to tackle the GB port while the game was still fresh in my mind, and I made a standalone video for it without comparison or reference to the TG-16 one - but I'm not sure if it would be a confusing or odd to post that next.

I could always just wait and move it later in the video queue, but I'd appreciate anyone's opinion regardless.

[T-Pac]

I personally think it depends on how similar the 2 versions of R Type are. If too similar, it might get a stale feel for the viewers. If there are noteworthy differences (eg. if one’s ridiculously good and the other shockingly bad), then it might be cool to do 2 versions consecutively. Probably won’t matter too much though whichever you choose.