IGNORED

T-Pac Arcade

T-Pac

Graphics Team · Posted
On 9/18/2023 at 1:32 PM, Link said:

No. Do them consecutively, draw comparisons if you notice any interesting ones.

On 9/18/2023 at 9:36 PM, GPX said:

I personally think it depends on how similar the 2 versions of R Type are. If too similar, it might get a stale feel for the viewers. If there are noteworthy differences (eg. if one’s ridiculously good and the other shockingly bad), then it might be cool to do 2 versions consecutively. Probably won’t matter too much though whichever you choose.

Thanks for the feedback! Since I made a point to keep them as standalone 'reviews' without really comparing the ports to each other like you guys mentioned, I think I'll sit on this one to post later during a dry-spell (maybe sometime next month when I'll probably be busy with Ink-Tober).

[T-Pac]

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 12:22 AM, T-Pac said:

Thanks for the feedback! Since I made a point to keep them as standalone 'reviews' without really comparing the ports to each other like you guys mentioned, I think I'll sit on this one to post later during a dry-spell (maybe sometime next month when I'll probably be busy with Ink-Tober).

[T-Pac]

Yes, if you’re doing quick, snappy reviews, then it’s likely best to do different titles, otherwise it might sound too similar overall and we also get to see new artwork this way! 😄

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

Circus Caper [Nintendo Entertainment System - 1990]

This video ended up being way too long. But I couldn't possibly avoid talking about the Godzilla minigame, and I just don't have enough discretion to cut all of my bad jokes, either.

Hoping to keep future entries under 3 minutes.

[T-Pac]

image.png.7e4f580b716bc5317505a189c8ccbcf2.png

• Like 6

Graphics Team · Posted

Dead Moon [PC Engine - 1991]

I wanted to give this one a go after @Crabmaster2000 mentioned it in the "Beat Every TurboGrafx-16 Game" thread. (You're killing it with all those TG-16 clears, by the way).

And the ostrich is relevant to the game - I promise haha.

[T-Pac]

image.png.e5521b1d492f8ee857ef452aea7efbf0.png

• Like 5

5 hours ago, T-Pac said:

Dragonfire [Atari 2600 - 1982]

My 10th video! Feels like a small but significant milestone.

I'm not sure if I handled the audio levels very well here. Is the gameplay sound overpowering the voiceover too much?

[T-Pac]

image.png.acf813a96c5ce6b8de84f76f157e5c08.png

Fantastic! One of my very favorite 2600 games as well, just behind Cosmic Ark (if you haven't tried that one, try it!).

I've only played the ColecoVision version of Dragonfire so far.  The drawbridge is considerably more difficult with an eventual moving platform and a guy in the parapet shooting arrows at you.  I think maybe the flames might be faster/more numerous as well.  It's been a little while but I remember that its possible to jump and hit the side of the castle.. And I'm pretty sure the exit door inside the castle can be used at any point w/o having to pick up every piece of treasure.  

Graphics Team · Posted
2 hours ago, PII said:

I've only played the ColecoVision version of Dragonfire so far.  The drawbridge is considerably more difficult with an eventual moving platform and a guy in the parapet shooting arrows at you.  I think maybe the flames might be faster/more numerous as well.  It's been a little while but I remember that its possible to jump and hit the side of the castle.. And I'm pretty sure the exit door inside the castle can be used at any point w/o having to pick up every piece of treasure.  

Not gonna lie - that sounds kinda awful.
Interesting ... but awful haha.

[T-Pac]

Great work as always!

I would give the difficulty edge to Ninja Gaiden over Castlevania, but it's close.  They both have the knockback thing when you get hit, which causes a lot of problems until you master the tricky spots.  Ninja Gaiden's final act is much more epic however, especially on a first playthrough.

Edited by rdrunner
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, T-Pac said:

Castlevania [Nintendo Entertainment System - 1986]

Finished this one just in time for Halloween!
Does anyone else find Castlevania to be more difficult than Ninja Gaiden, or is it just me?

[T-Pac]

image.png.d23a5d11ea058e87c3053a04406daa25.png

My favorite NES game! The nostalgia doesn't hurt either (one of the first NES games I got). Great art!