IGNORED

T-Pac Arcade

T-Pac

1 minute ago, T-Pac said:

We had Windows computers, so it must've been a more modernized port.

I guess I never really thought about it as a 'classic' game that's been around since the 80s! 

[T-Pac]

Ah, well the real question is did it look like this:

Screenshot from the Apple II version of the Oregon Trail ...

I know the game did get multiple updates, because I think the original might have been strictly Black and White, or rather, Light-Green on Dark-Green.

But, I think they did keep porting it and updating it for several years.  Heck, there's a version on the Switch now, all though it is quite modernized.  My kids and I played it for a bit.

Graphics Team · Posted

Twinbee 3 [Nintendo Famicom - 1989]

The logical part of my brain wants to cement Twinbee 3 in my top 25 favorite games, but the emotional part of my brain isn't willing to commit just yet...

[T-Pac]

image.png.44d9046449ae13e29dd3df6762ccfa30.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Watching that Twinbee 3 review really gave me a nostalgic hit with that classic Konami charm. All mixed with inventive enemies, bosses, backgrounds and Japanesey tunes. 

@T-Pac, I recommend trying out Parodius on the SNES if you haven’t already played it. Very similar kind of charm. 

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
4 hours ago, GPX said:

@T-Pac, I recommend trying out Parodius on the SNES if you haven’t already played it. Very similar kind of charm. 

Good call - I actually have played Parodius Da on the Super Famicom (not the other two, though).

Surprisingly - I felt like it crossed the line just a bit too far from cartoony into kitschy, but I definitely need to revisit it to see if my opinion has changed. It's been a long time since I last sat down with it, and considering how much people seem to like it, I think the game deserves a revisit.

[T-Pac]

Graphics Team · Posted

Star Parodier [NEC PC Engine CD - 1992]

This was my favorite game on the Turbografx-16 Mini, and I finally got myself a physical copy last week - so I took a detour from my 2024 Backlog to cover it. 

Best 16-bit cute-em-up ever...

[T-Pac]

image.png.302a95b812eb6f0a095472e7a661bbfa.png

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

Incredible Crash Dummies [Nintendo Entertainment System - 1993]

I actually had one of the Crash Dummies toys as a kid when they tried to bring the brand back to life, and I always thought the concept was pretty neat.

[T-Pac]

image.png.93e3a644537571471bc3cb9c7851f569.png

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

Does anyone have thoughts on the length of these videos?

I feel like the sweet spot is around 4 minutes, and I rambled way too long on this last one. I don't like to arbitrarily cut down my thoughts on a game for length, but I don't want things to drag on and get too boring, either.

[T-Pac]

2 hours ago, T-Pac said:

Does anyone have thoughts on the length of these videos?

I feel like the sweet spot is around 4 minutes, and I rambled way too long on this last one. I don't like to arbitrarily cut down my thoughts on a game for length, but I don't want things to drag on and get too boring, either.

[T-Pac]

I don’t even know any more.  Personally, on YouTube I’m like “dude, if your video isn’t at least 15 minutes, what are you even doing here?” but that’s the ole-fart in me.

People today who love information handed to them in 5 seconds or less probably prefer videos no more than 5 minutes.

And to be clear, I’m not asking you to make them longer, nor do I think you should.  It fits the tone of what you’re doing and there really is nothing wrong with “bite sized” reviews.  I’m just old and appreciate 30-minute long content like the days of old television.

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
21 hours ago, RH said:

I don’t even know any more.  Personally, on YouTube I’m like “dude, if your video isn’t at least 15 minutes, what are you even doing here?” but that’s the ole-fart in me.

People today who love information handed to them in 5 seconds or less probably prefer videos no more than 5 minutes.

That's pretty funny to hear, considering my YouTube experience has been the complete opposite!

I got into early-2000s YouTube through sketch-comedy and indie animation videos, which were always just a few minutes each. But now my recommendations feed is full of hour-long documentaries and retrospectives and stuff, so it feels like all the short-form content is gone (except for "YouTube Shorts", which I actively avoid because I hate the format - but I'll save that rant for some other time haha).

[T-Pac]

Graphics Team · Posted

Rockman 1 [Nintendo Famicom - 1987]

Finally played the first Mega Man game, and I liked it way more than I thought I would. Hoping to tackle the full 8-bit series over the next few years.

[T-Pac]

image.png.604f9e5093f9dded13a52dae0bfa597e.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2

These are really neat!

Gotta say, though.... Mega Man's foot scooch is one of the best/ingenious gameplay moves for NES ever.

SO MANY games you can't move your player over juuuuuuuuuuust a touch when you need to get closer to an edge, etc. YOU NEED A SCOOCH! Mega Man has it. 😭

Always loved it. Sometimes I do a little scooching just to dance. 🕺

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Graphics Team · Posted
20 hours ago, Khromak said:

I watch every single video the moment YouTube reminds me they exist. S-tier content, I look forward to each video. Love the personality, the script, jokes, and of course the drawings to go along with the games.

Keep it up, I love the videos.

Dude - this literally made my day : )

[T-Pac]

• Love 1

Graphics Team · Posted
22 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Someday the Internet will wake up to your channel and your subscribers will jump exponentially 

I hear there are ways to ... uh ... help the algorithm...

image.png.88283e98875cb36f7a97c2bac193066e.png

Jokes aside, though - that's what's so great about personal projects. Just finishing a video meets my own standard for success regardless of how much attention it gets.

[T-Pac]

• Haha 3

On 4/28/2024 at 4:29 PM, T-Pac said:

Nuts & Milk [Nintendo Famicom - 1983]

Possibly my favorite new game I've played this year? Hudson Soft rarely disappoints.

I love this style of game. I'm very interested to try to this one out.

Nuts & milk can't compete with Nuts & Gum.

Edited by G-type

Interestingly enough, I've had a copy of Nuts 'n Milk in my collection for a few years now since I bought a lot of some guy on Reddit; it was one of the included games but I've never actually played it. Maybe one of these days I'll dust it off and give it a try, looks like a fun game.

Not sure how far I'll get with the 3 lives though, 😄

Graphics Team · Posted
On 4/30/2024 at 8:30 AM, G-type said:

I love this style of game. I'm very interested to try to this one out.

On 4/30/2024 at 9:45 AM, Khromak said:

Interestingly enough, I've had a copy of Nuts 'n Milk in my collection for a few years now since I bought a lot of some guy on Reddit; it was one of the included games but I've never actually played it. Maybe one of these days I'll dust it off and give it a try, looks like a fun game.

Not sure how far I'll get with the 3 lives though, 😄

If you guys are into games like Donkey Kong/Popeye and Solomon's Key/Bubble Bobble - then you'll definitely like Nuts & Milk.

And @Khromak - you can cycle through all the levels with the Select button to get back to where you were after Game Over.

[T-Pac]