IGNORED

T-Pac Arcade

T-Pac

Graphics Team · Posted
On 10/28/2023 at 5:45 PM, rdrunner said:

Great work as always!

I would give the difficulty edge to Ninja Gaiden over Castlevania, but it's close.  They both have the knockback thing when you get hit, which causes a lot of problems until you master the tricky spots.  Ninja Gaiden's final act is much more epic however, especially on a first playthrough.

Yeah, you're probably right. I've just spent more time learning Ninja Gaiden, so I might be conflating familiarity with a lower difficulty level. Still never beat Ninja Gaiden, but I want to do a video on that next year, so I'll probably give myself a save-state handicap again and try to finally check that one off the list.

[T-Pac]

22 hours ago, elprincipe said:

My favorite NES game! The nostalgia doesn't hurt either (one of the first NES games I got). Great art!

Sick! It's funny - Castlevania was one of the first NES games I got, too - but this was in 2012 when I first "discovered" classic gaming. And yet, now I have "late nostalgia" for it from my early collecting and college days.

[T-Pac]

21 hours ago, G-type said:

Castlevania is one I’ve actually beaten. 

Props on that - I don't think this is a game I could've ever cleared legit.

[T-Pac]

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

Cocoron [Nintendo Famicom - 1991]

I've been saving this one for a rainy day, and this week I finally decided to tackle one of my most anticipated Japanese imports. I think I heard this game was developed by the same team that made Little Samson, which wouldn't be surprising if it's true.

[T-Pac]

image.png.fd2631bed22a4de4993070235af3fe27.png

• Like 5

Graphics Team · Posted
11 hours ago, G-type said:

I thought those things you called balloons were bombs?

Silly @G-type - spreading misinformation is one of the most important parts of making YouTube videos.

Now SUBSCRIBE TO THAT LIKE BUTTON AND HIT THE PATREON TO BELL NOTIFICATION!

[T-Pac]

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

Graphics Team · Posted

Zanac [Nintendo Entertainment System - 1987]

My last entry in the T-Pac Arcade series for 2023! I've already made my backlog list for next year, so the goal is to make 40 new videos in 2024 (or at least try haha).

Does anyone know if Zanac is generally considered part of the "Aleste" series?

[T-Pac]

image.png.0bb96e4a950fe08dd4fa5bf3e3ba83e0.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
Graphics Team · Posted

Bosconian [Jakks Pacific Plug - N - Play - 1981/2003]

I visited my parents for the holidays and busted out my favorite childhood plug-n-play. A bit of a diversion for my "T-Pac Arcade" series, but I wanted to shine some light on this one while I had it in-hand.

[T-Pac]

image.png.28f7908cc26054599635f300168b2823.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Graphics Team · Posted
20 hours ago, G-type said:

I made it past the first couple bosses of Milon's but never finished the game. I would definitely need a guide too.

Yeah - I used to be against using guides to get through a game, but I recently realized that restricting myself that way kept me from even attempting a lot of titles in my library (Zelda, Milon, Mighty Bomb Jack, etc...).
It's perfect for me since I don't like getting lost or making maps, but I know that a lot of people enjoy that aspect of gaming - so walkthroughs and guides are hit-or-miss depending on your tastes, I guess.

This is the guide I used if you're interested: https://defgav.com/nes/msc/walkthru/

[T-Pac]

Graphics Team · Posted

Axelay [Nintendo Super Famicom - 1992]

Some real eye-candy here. This might sound blasphemous, but the SFC might be my favorite system for shoot-em-ups. Even over the Genesis and PC Engine.

[T-Pac]

image.png.16d00fc58dfaf249bed13d868a861260.png

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, RH said:

I think the Shmup King console is Saturn if you're willing to import from Japan.

I don't know, though. I've yet to cross the Rubicon of collecting Japanese shmups but's it's been super tempting.

PS1 too with the Parodius games and Einhander, which I highly recommend you try one day as a gamer/reviewer @T-Pac.