IGNORED

McDonald's will make you fat. They serve Big Macs. They serve Quarter-Pounders. They will put pounds on you.

Daniel_Doyce

I promise this isn't yet another fcgamer logorrhea thread... I missed it by a day, but Wesley Willis died 20 years ago on 8/21/2003.  It seems like only yesterday that he was whupping a llama's ass with a belt and taking yell down war hell rides on city buses.

Rest in power, Wesley. I hope you finally escaped your demons and are headbutting fans while rocking with your Casio in heaven.

Rock Over London,

Rock on Chicago,

Diet Pepsi, Uh-huh

Edited by Daniel_Doyce
WW
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

All right @Reed Rothchild, I'll add a few anecdotes then for ya

One of my old coworkers went to a WW concert and got the signature headbutt. I was supposed to go to one of his concerts in late 2002, but had a conflict and ended up never meeting Wesley in person.

Wesley had a concert near the college I attended, and ended up crashing at the house of one of my friends and his roommates. He apparently was a very nice and super charismatic guy and just rolled out next morning to his next gig.

When I quit my job in 2006, I did donuts in the parking lot of the Evil Empire while blasting Wesley's "F*CK YOU" until I got it out of my system. It's still a banger of a song to jam to when you want to let off some steam after a shitty day at work.

• Haha 1

You want me to come back, McDonalds?  Then stop doing that stupid pinching the bottom of the fry box trick so we end up with only half a box of fries!  Or even better still, let's go back to the good ol' days of Super Size where you knew you were getting your money's worth.  I actually have a McD's almost right next door to me and back in the 80s/90s I would LOVED such a thing but now... 😞

Editorials Team · Posted
20 minutes ago, Estil said:

You want me to come back, McDonalds?  Then stop doing that stupid pinching the bottom of the fry box trick so we end up with only half a box of fries!  Or even better still, let's go back to the good ol' days of Super Size where you knew you were getting your money's worth.  I actually have a McD's almost right next door to me and back in the 80s/90s I would LOVED such a thing but now... 😞

Go to Five Guys.  They basically try to give fries away.

21 minutes ago, Estil said:

They were right near to me once upon a time...wait, they're not "trying to give fries away" because they're no good, are they?

No they are good but you are definitely paying for all those extra fries they dump in. Last time I went to five guys with my wife I felt like I could get a decent meal at a pub for the same price. 

• Wow! 1

16 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

No they are good but you are definitely paying for all those extra fries they dump in. Last time I went to five guys with my wife I felt like I could get a decent meal at a pub for the same price. 

I remember back on NA there was a thread about unhealthy fast food/fast casual joints. Five Guys was on the list because of the sheer amount of fries they gave you.

Also, if you have a peanut allergy, walking into a Five Guys will probably do you in.

3 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Wesley had a concert near the college I attended, and ended up crashing at the house of one of my friends and his roommates. He apparently was a very nice and super charismatic guy and just rolled out next morning to his next gig.

A guy I know online also let him crash at his place way back in the day, and had similar things to say. Though he did say you could tell he was schizophrenic.

• Like 1